Friday 10 April 2015

Casual Denim Shorts Outfits - Stay At Home Mum Style

While I am back at work, I still have some days to spend with baby T, so I am getting to enjoy the more casual stay at home mum style outfits a little longer. Despite it being autumn, it's still quite warm in Brisbane and shorts and a tee is a good go-to. One day I tried to dress that casual outfit combination up a little, and the other I just kept it easy and simple.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with reaching for the same thing every day, parent or not. Some days just getting out of pyjamas is something to be celebrated, no matter what you've pulled on. And some days you don't have the time, energy or reason to wear anything other than PJs. I just want to try new things now and then and break away from the fail-safe outfits, wear more of what I have in my wardrobe instead of reaching for the same things over and over. Thank you for following along with my little journey! Hopefully you find something interesting or relevant or inspiring, just as I do reading other blogs.

What I wore:

Blush Pink Boyfriend Blazer graphic tee shorts acne pistol boots LV Speedy B

Away From Blue Handbag Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
JacketJeanswest Nadine 3/4 Sleeve dusky pink blazer
Top: gifted Monsterthreads star print graphic tee
ShortsJeanswest denim cuff shorts
BootsAcne pistol boots in "skin"
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere (with Coach feather bag charm)

Why I wore it:

Another awesome Monster threads tee from my bestie! She got me one a couple years ago with a cute cat dog print on it. I actually got this tee for Christmas! I was doing a monthly style challenge on instagram in December so couldn't wear it right away, and then did another style challenge in January. This tee didn't fit any of the challenge prompts so I put it in my wardrobe to wear later...and it got lost in between all the other tees I have! I 'found' it again one day and knew I had to wear it. Isn't it cute?

This was a slightly more dressed up version of a comfortable casual jeans and tee outfit. I went out with DH and baby T to baby's favourite indoor playground. As it was a little cooler, I wanted to wear my blazer. And you have to wear socks to run around inside the ball pit and things, so closed in shoes were needed. I thought Pistol boots were a slightly more dressy option than Converse. I like wearing these shorts and boots together.

I have to say I really liked this outfit. I was a little unsure about the first two outfits with this new blazer, but I love it here. I wouldn't change a single thing about this outfit. I was really happy with how it turned out, and pleased at how quickly I could put my shoes on again after baby T had enough of playing and was ready for to go home for a nap - I just had to zip up my boots, no fiddling with laces!


Last worn: Ray-ban wayfarersblush pink blazer, denim shorts, Acne Pistol bootsLouis Vuitton Speedy bandouliere bag.

Other ways to wear: pastel pink blazer with a dress, wearing denim shorts in cooler weather, pistol boots with a dress.







What I wore:

casual grey tee and shorts wardrobe detox SAHM outfit LV Speedy B

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus necklace in pop
TopAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves
ShortsJeanswest printed denim shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere (with Coach feather bag charm)

Why I wore it:

In contrast to the outfit above, this is a plain and simple shorts and tee outfit. No modifications necessary. This is what I wore a few days after the outfit above, for my wardrobe detox with the personal stylist. I figured I'd need to wear something comfortable and easy to try clothes on with. As you can see I took it off and on a lot - got very creased. I wore the teething necklace just in case baby T got grouchy and needed to be kept amused as we sorted through my wardrobe. He ended up preferring the stylist's necklace over mine though, poor Maudie probably has some tiny teeth marks in her beautiful wooden statement necklace now!

This was good for running errands afterwards too - had to pop out to the post office to start my closet cleanout that I have on ebay. The majority of the things I have listed were things we decided just weren't doing any good for me any more during the detox. It was nice to get some more space in my wardrobe!


Last worn: grey tee, printed shorts, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton speedy B (above).

Other ways to wear: grey tee with a maxi skirtdressing up denim shorts, speedy B with a maxi skirt.





Linking up with Fab Favourites, Passion 4 Fashion, Fashion Friday, Mix It Up, Fashion Cache Friday, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Shoe & Tell, Let It Shine today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

55 comments:

  1. Both so cute, and different!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the peachy coloured blazer. It really compliments your skin tone! I also love how you explained why you would wear each piece as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both outfit are great! you look fantastic in shorts! The first outfit is fabulous, love the monster tee and that wonderful blazer...the second look is more simple, but as they say sometimes simple goes a long way.

    Have a great weekend sweetie!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute in those super versatile denim shorts and I love both t-shirts. You know I love those style of wooden necklaces. Do you know where can I find one? Or how to make one? Please let me know. Thanks.


    Enjoy the weekend! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ada! It's not a wooden necklace, it's a silicon teething necklace. The brand is called 'Nibbly bits' I don't know if they ship outside Australia.

      Delete
  5. I love this pink blazer on you, Mica! It really flatters your skin tone! So beautiful! Wonderful second look with the statement necklace, dear!

    JOURNAL OF STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these easy mommy looks! Those booties are so cute and I need that LV bag!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful looks as usual, love the top of the first look, so cute :) and your hair with curls looks lovely.

    Kind regards,

    www.agirlinafrica.com

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these outfits! A great way to show how to dress up denim shorts and how to dress them down! The graphic tee is really cute!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice contrast in outfits, haha! :) The tee is so cute, my bestie picked well!

      Delete
  9. I absolutely hear ya on wearing the same thing more than a few times in a week, I definitely do that for my jeans and pants. Love both the casual yet comfy outfits. Its not yet shorts weather here, but its getting there. Sometimes I try to remember how I found your blog, but cannot, but I am glad I did because in these last 2 years, you have been a constant source of inspiration and support! Cheers to Mica!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I am glad we found each other's blog too! It's good I can give you a little bit of inspiration despite our different weathers!

      Delete
  10. Really love that blazer! Yes, as a mom sometimes you just want to wear what is the most comfortable, but I always believe weather your a working mom or a stay at home mama, you can always put things together and make an outfit. Plus, I believe it makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting dressed into 'proper' (not pyjamas) clothes does make me feel better, but other people might feel better with hair or makeup or something else entirely :) different things for different people :)

      Delete
  11. I knew you'd end up liking that blazer! I'm so glad you were able to find a styling that suited you because that color really is gorgeous with your skin tone. Slip on shoes are my best friend when I'm trying to wrangle up the baby in the morning. I think I own one pair that actually requires some sort of effort. (; Boots were genius! Plus totally work for the fall weather you guys will get shortly.

    How awesome you had a stylist look through your wardrobe! You should do a post on the advice she gave you. Geeze if a stylist were to ever look in mine they'd have a heart attack. I'm working on the decluttering slowly but surely. (; Have a lovely weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I got a great outfit with this blazer - I might need to think a little harder about how to wear it all the time, but it's something I wanted for a while so I'm glad I got it! :)
      I did a little post on my wardrobe detox here. I tried to clean out my wardrobe before the stylist got there, but there was still a lot to go through! It was actually less stressful than I expected!

      Delete
  12. I love this style! We wear that al the time since Singapore is a tropical country :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute blazer! I love the mix of casual and work outfits lately.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Denim shorts & grey tee was one of my favourite maternity looks last summer! I have a regular grey tee but need some regular denim shorts too to recreate it sans bump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to buy maternity denim shorts too - they were so handy over summer! :) I don't have that many shorts being a Queenslander, but I think I have the staples covered! :)

      Delete
  15. I remember when my kids were infants, what you wrote was exactly how I felt. Some days getting out of my pi's was a cause for celebration- absolutely! :-) Your "stay at home mum" style is adorable! I LOVE the denim shorts, blazer, ankle boots outfit. With the addition of your gorgeous bag, it's the perfect outfit for anyone actually :-) Happy Friday! XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elif! It's true, some days are harder than others to get dressed, haha! every day has something fun though :)

      Delete
  16. You look great on both looks, dear !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bag and the pink blazer!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tee is lovely! I bet it's such a nice gift!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh that tee is perfect! I'm glad you keep trying that blazer because it looks so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the soft pink blazer on top! It's such a pretty spring piece :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a nice peach-colored blazer. I love it. I think this comfy outfit looks really great.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your looks! Oh, the pink blazer is so cute on you!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love simple outfits!! That gray shirt fits you perfectly :) Have a great weekend, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really cute outfit!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like the way a blazer looks with a pair of shorts - it's unexpectedly chic and effortlessly so! The pink color is amazing. I think I remember you wearing it before and it really made me want to reach for mine.

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see how you wear yours! :) I didn't like it the first time around with shorts, I liked it much better this time. Looking forward to wearing it with jeans when the weather cools further :)

      Delete
  26. thank you for your visit...I hope you enjoy this weekend:)

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. My teen sons said this over 40 mama couldn't pull off shirt denim shirts. I beg to differ, I'm still hip! lol. You my dear, look adorable in both outfits!!! :-)

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can pull them off at any age! :) It's all about what you feel comfortable in :)

      Delete
  28. I love your bag! You look so lovely x


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. i'm loving all things pink right now so that blazer is my favorite!! and good to hear you can still spend time with baby T!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love the first one! The peachy blazer is soooo cute!!!

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your hair in these photos, Mica!


    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute outfit! Love the light pink

    www.littleblackshell.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. There is nothing wrong with recycling looks. And I hate those who wear something only once and that is it (and if I'm honest I am guilty of doing this very thing myself). I feel like in today's day, it is such a huge waste of resources and as a whole we are consuming far too much! As well as wasting too.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, having less and recycling more are good ways to live - and not just when looking at clothes, ha! :)

      Delete
  34. I love the blazer with the denim shorts - such a cute look!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  35. I cannot stop looking at the first picture! Stunning and the dusty pink + nude looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The blazer looks great with those shorts! Denim short shorts are a summer staple in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  37. that blazer looks really good with that tee and shorts! nice pairing.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I really love the blazer on you< I could wear this color all of the time! Looks great and u know I love your bag. ( I have one too!)

    Hope to see you at TH Tuesday link up tomorrow!
    xxjess
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the blazer and boots and it's a perfect outfit for a park day. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  40. Aww thank you Marlen! I'm so pleased that I could inspire you in some way. it's definitely a good idea to try and wear more of our wardrobes, I know I have so much but I wear so little of it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank pink blazer reminds me so much of my very own.
    I'd love to see the grey tank from the outfit on the bottom with the pink blazer, jean shots and the LV bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased I manage to get one just like yours! :) The grey tee would look awesome with the pink blazer, I really should give that a go! :)

      Delete
  43. Love the pink blazer! I really really like with denim shorts! Which it was short weather here!!
    x Kirsty

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...