Tuesday 24 November 2015

Shopbop Buy More, Save More Sale! Second Trimester Office Wear: Maternity Pencil Skirts

First up, there's another big Shopbop sale on right now! It's the buy more, save more sale.

15% off orders over $250
20% off orders over $500
25% off orders over $1000

Having a bit of trouble filling up your cart enough to get the bigger discount you want?
  • It's so close to Christmas - check out the gift section and grab a few things for the special people on your Christmas lists. 
  • Try coordinating with a friend - you could consolidate an order to get bigger discounts for you both.
  • Do what I do, check out the handbag section (Rebecca Minkoff bags are my favourite) and you'll be sure to find something you 'have' to have, to hit that top discount easily!
Hope you pick up some great gifts and bargains, or bargain gifts!


Back to the usual what I've been wearing. It was actually a little exciting to open up the big bag of maternity clothes I'd set aside post-baby, and rediscover pieces I'd loved in my last pregnancy. I was extremely happy to see these Asos maternity pencil skirts again, they were real workhorses before.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Second trimester workwear Asos maternity pencil skirt ruffle cami

AwayFromBlue | Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH
Scarf: Louis Vuitton "comete" bandeau scarf
Necklace: Lovisa silver love knitted heart pendant necklace
CamiJeanswest 'Maria' cami in cream
SkirtAsos maternity panelled pencil skirt in tartan check (non-maternity version here)
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual plus House of Harlow Aztec bangles in fuschia pink and silver, white and silver, Hermes pink clic clac
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Just like last time I wore this scarf as a headband to the office, I got a bunch of compliments, which is always nice! I had a scan to check baby's progress in the early morning, and then it was Melbourne cup day so we had a bunch of events in the afternoon in the office. As I had just recently finished up the Frocktober fundraising challenge, I didn't really want to wear my usual dress option for Melbourne cup.

I figured the ruffles on this cami made it a little more dressy than a standard pencil skirt outfit, and the scarf in my hair was a nod to the headpieces worn to our themed event that afternoon.


Last worn: Louis Vuitton bandeau, ruffle cami, tartan pencil skirt, black ballet flats, Balenciaga part time bag.

Other ways to wearLouis Vuitton bandeau as a belt with a LBDruffle cami and a maix skirt, tartan pencil skirt in the third trimester, black ballet flats and skinny jeans, Balenciaga part time bag and a striped dress.



Shopbop Buy More Save More Sale code

Shopbop's buy more, save more sale is on right now! Check out the exclusions so you don't get any nasty surprises at the checkout.


Shopbop Buy More Save More Sale gift guide under $100
(everything pictured above is from the Shopbop gift section and under $100 before discount)



What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | 2nd trimester asos maternity pencil skirt teal henley business casual office

Away From Blue | JORD fieldcrest wood watch, Balenciaga black giant G21 hardware part time bag
NecklaceDogeared silver wishbone necklace (on sale!)
SkirtAsos maternity graphic print pencil skirt (non-maternity version here)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
Bracelets: the usual plus JORD black Fieldcrest wood watch (C/O)
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH

Why I wore it:

Back when I was still hiding the baby bump on the blog and in the office, I'd gone through my wardrobe pulling out a few possible outfit ideas. This pretty teal top was one of them, so it had been hanging at the front of the wardrobe waiting for me to wear it. I didn't get around to wearing it before starting Frocktober, so it had been sitting there unworn.

Was wondering what to wear with this pencil skirt when I saw this top and figured I'd better wear it again before the spring weather heats up too much. It was a slightly cooler day when I wore this so it worked out perfectly. I wasn't too happy with the length of this top worn like this - I usually always partially tuck it in - but I liked the combination of the teal with the black and white.


Last worn: teal henley, Asos graphic pencil skirt, studded mouse flats, Balenciaga part time bag (above).

Other ways to wearteal henley and a maxi skirtgraphic pencil skirt and burgundy tee, studded mouse flats and jeans, Balenciaga part time and skinny jeans.

Linking up with On Trend Tuesday, Style Sessions, Wardrobe Wednesday, Fresh Fashion, What I Wore, Oh Hey Girl, Weekend Link Up, Fun FashionFriday FavouritesLabour of Fashion, Fab Favourites, Flashback Fashion, Passion for Fashion.


This post was created in partnership with Shopbop. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

69 comments:

  1. I love the asos maternity skirt.
    Looks nice dear
    You always pull those maternity look'

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  2. some really cute options!! i would LOVE those glasses. they are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like how that scarf looks my dear Mica.
    Thank you very much for your comment on my blog. Things are still rocky but hopefully get better sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they get better for you really soon Lorena.

      Delete
  4. I love the scarf on the first outfit. It pulls the outfit together and makes it a little more playful!
    I love the graphic skirt on the second outfit!
    Dora www.bangsbang.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww you look so lovely and radiant as your bump grows :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the skirt, it looks very pretty! The 2nd look is cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved you in those skirts the last time you were pregnant and you are looking adorable in them again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were great sale buys! I'm glad I held onto them :)

      Delete
  8. I adore that ivory headband...and the blouse!!! That first look is one I adore... I also like the skirt in the second look!

    Awesome gift guide ideas, too!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Grey Toggle Coat

    ReplyDelete
  9. It can be so hard to figure what to wear for maternity! You have got it down here. I did a few blog posts on maternity wear if you are interested. Best of luck with the pregnancy X

    http://www.leopardandspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have my maternity wardrobe from my last pregnancy I'm getting to reuse that's keeping me happy :)

      Delete
  10. The Shopbop sale is awesome- and is going to get me in trouble, haha. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of these fun printed pencil skirts, and both ways you styled them. I've heard good things about Asos maternity wear, and those are adorable skirts! Keeping in mind for the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I highly recommend Asos maternity wear! :)

      Delete
  12. You honestly make me feel like I could try anything and make it work! Pencil skirts for pregnancy?! I must try this next time around! I swear you can take anything and make it work.

    I love those studded grey flats! I always remember I need to get grey flats when I actually need them. I've certainly got enough nude and black pair! (; I love this teal top on you and how you dressed it up with the skirt! I have a similar one and I love wearing it on casual days to the office. However, I find that from my shoulders up, it looks like a scrub top. haha Like a nurse would wear. I need to find a necklace or try it with a scarf. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, give it a go! these maternity pencil skirts were great officewear pieces in my last pregnancy, they work so well!.

      I know what you mean about the scrub top! A scarf gets my vote! :)

      Delete
  13. Rebecca Minkoff bags are pretty, I remember whenever I saw products with that brand name, you're the first thing that comes to my mind Mica, because I always see you using their bags and featuring them with most of your outfits. :)

    Xoxo,
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have been enjoying Rebecca Minkoff bags more and more lately!

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous mommy! You manage to makeyour pregnancy style just as fresh and chic as your non-pregnancy style and that's not an easy thing to do, so congrats! I adore that tartan pencil skirt!!!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great outfits! I love the skirts! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you in the head scarf looks so great. I'm loving your pregnancy style. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your scarf and how glam you still are through the pregnancy.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SSG. As you no doubt know, a lot of days you don't feel very glam in pregnancy!

      Delete
  18. That Asos maternity skirt definitely is a winner! I love the chic print and shape of it :D

    [INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY] Win a FREE Kawaii Box!
    I'm on the Tube!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your skirts!

    Take care

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely skirts and you look adorable with the baby bump.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm supposed to be saving for my trip in Jan so I've been avoiding all these upcoming sale announcement emails. I feel like I need to tether my hands together so I don't spend like a mad women.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so tempting not to buy up with so many great sales!

      Delete
  22. I really love both of those pencil skirts! Seems Asos has some stylish clothing, I must check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You seriously look too cute! Two fab skirts I love printed items :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  24. who would have know that pencil skirt can be a good choice for maternity wear? well, you have certainly showed us how to style them properly. I really like both options and especially the first one...that blouse in the first look is so lovely...and paired so wonderfully with that maternity pencil skirt from Asos. You've got style dear! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These maternity pencil skirts are perfect for pregnancy office wear! :) I'm glad I bought them in my last pregnancy! :)

      Delete
  25. Ohh those geometric-patterned black and white pencil skirts work so well with your growing belly, during your second trimester. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    Rebecca
    http://www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a great sale! Combining with a friend to get the discount is a great idea!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the plaid maternity skirt! It looks so chic!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love everything you picked from shopbob sale:) This first red bag is just fabolous!
    xx
    SASHA

    ReplyDelete
  30. ah..this shopbop sale is absolutely driving me craaazzzyyy!!! I cannot make up my mind on where I should shop or even if I should shop atall..LOL. Anyways, comeing to your outfits, LOVE both the outfits, especially the first one, such a retro feel with the headband.. I am reliving my preggo days through you.. you look super chic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I know what you mean, so many great sales on tempting us all!

      Delete
  31. I don't even own a proper pencil skirt, let alone a maternity one, but I can imagine them being very handy for the office environment!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more pencil skirts than I should, considering I only work part time and I only wear them to the office ;)

      Delete
  32. Very great style! I love pencil skirt and how elegant they are. I love your style http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. You look so pretty in these two outfits! I love the cream top! This is such a fabulous sale! I'm planning to check it out tonight. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you pick up something nice in the sale! :)

      Delete
  34. Cute white top :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a nice outfit!

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sale time is getting closer and I don't know if I will be able to stop myself :) Teal top brings out your eye colour, it is so pretty!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have the cutest maternity clothes. I LOVE that skirt!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very pretty doll! I like your skirts they are so stylish with a great print :) Also you are adorable x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  39. Really love the first look with scarf/ headband thing. Also great tip with spend and save offers to try and coordinate with a friends
    Talia
    DrShopCook

    ReplyDelete
  40. Cute skirts. Thanks for sharing the sale

    Made in MauveBloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the first look, you looks lovely in both outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Now that's a cool look and some awesome deals! :)


    Fashionably,
    Patricia
    http://www.wingsforliberty.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. You look so cute ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  44. Pregnancy really suits you - you look as cute as a button! xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love headbands and this one looks great on you! You're right though, pencil skirts are always a great option :)
    Christina ♥ https://caliope.name

    ReplyDelete
  46. Trying to make a Shopbop order and it's not letting me process payment *cries* now one of the things I was trying to buy (of which there is only one left) has gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. No wait - I tried it in Internet Explorer and it worked (and they were both still available HURRAH, I deliberately clicked through from here so hopefully you get affiliate $$)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you manage to checkout in the end, yey! Hope you post about what you bought, looking forward to seeing it! :) Thanks for clicking through from here too, really appreciated! :)

      Delete
  48. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Mica, you are looking great! Have you popped sooner with your second pregnancy? Bron x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bron! Yep, definitely showed quicker this time around, was easier to hide last time.

      Delete
  50. Asos has really nice maternity wear! Those look great on you! Their prices are nice also.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...