Friday 9 October 2015

Purple Cardigans, Prima Denim Skinny Jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag

I've been wearing this combination of colourful cardigan, printed top and skinny jeans often. It's a great stay-at-home-mum outfit, and extremely comfortable.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Stripe Tee purple cardi Jeanswest Prima Denim skinny jeans RM Love

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey purple cardi skinny jeans
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
JacketJeanswest Dana drape knit cardi in boysenberry
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs studded mouse flats in grey
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Wore this out to toddler time at the local library with toddler T. It's not the first time that I've worn this tee and jeans together before (although it was warmer last time I wore the combination!). It's a nice easy outfit. Last time I wore it with a colourful scarf, this time around with a colourful cardi.

The only thing I didn't like about this outfit was the necklace - I think a different necklace would have worked better.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarerpurple cardi, striped tee, prima skinny jeans, studded mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wearpurple cardi and maxi dress, striped tee and a baby bump, skinny jeans layered up for winter, studded mouse flats and a maxi dress, maxi skirt and Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.


More purple cardigans under $50:






What I wore:

Away From Blue | Spring Playdate outfit purple cardi printed cami skinny jeans

Away From Blue | Rebecca Minkoff charcoal grey quilted Love cross body bag purple cardi
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
JacketJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
Cami:  Jeanswest Audrey tonal print tank
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Another really easy spring outfit (incredibly similar to this one!). You can tell I've been enjoying not having to work my wardrobe around my knee bandage now that my knee has mostly recovered - I've been alternating between my favourite pairs of skinny jeans! It's good to wear them again, wanted to get as much wear out of them as possible before Frocktober, and before the really warm spring weather hits.

Wore this out for a catch up with some of the mums and bubs from playgroup. We try get together in the school holiday breaks as well so it's not too long between seeing each other. It's always good to chat and compare notes about how we are handling the latest toddler developments!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), kimono cardi, printed cami, black skinny jeans, ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag (above).

Other ways to wearkimono cardi and a maxi skirt, printed cami and skirt in summer, black skinny jeans and a plaid shirt, ballet flats in the officeRebecca Minkoff Love bag and printed shorts.



Linking up with Flashback Fashion, Fab Favourites, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

46 comments:

  1. Beautiful how the cardigans harmony with the print of your tops, Mica. Your second outfit is my fave. Love your cross body bag by Rebecca Minkoff. Happy Friday, Mica.

    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag, one of my favourites! :)

      Delete
  2. the first outfit is so classic, stripes and a quilted bag are always a winning combination! and that's so cute how you have a playgroup meetup! :) it's always nice to meet with people who are going through the same things as you and share tips between yourselves! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I'm glad to have a group of mums I know with toddlers the same age as mine to chat to! :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I love your bag and the purple tones of your cardigan!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute looks! Love the colors of your cardigans! The burgundy looks so great with the stripes!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't agree more about the easy mom outfits! This is totally me all and every weekend! Nothing better than a printed top and a cardigan. Especially since the cardigan makes you look more put together. In fact, I'm totally wearing almost that exact outfit (1st one) today! haha. Have a great weekend Mica! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is a great outfit go-to, I've been wearing that formula a lot recently! :)

      Delete
  6. You are so cleaver at hiding that cute bump! I cannot even see it in these pictures. Excited for you!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! I got a belly band this time so I could keep wearing my normal jeans, that and some flowy tops/well placed bags really helps hide the baby bump! :)

      Delete
  7. That bag always catches my eye - its a classic that automatically adds the chic note to the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag, I'm so pleased with it! :)

      Delete
  8. Love your pink cardigan , it's really pretty!!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that purple sweater! And that bag is cute too!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful outfits I am such a fan of cardis :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I'm always looking for casual outfit inspiration to wear at home with my babe. Great look! XX

    Hannah
    http://www.notmycircusblog.com/red-cutout/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great SAHM outfit! Cardigans are so easy to clean if someone gets a little messy too...haha!

      Delete
  12. i love both cardigans! they drape beautifully over both outfits Mica. that purple is gorgeous.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both of these outfits...and you know I love that long purple cardigan...and I think the necklace is lovely but it would look better if it was a bit shorter (with this combo) perhaps next time you can tie a knot in the back...I do that when I want to shorten a necklace.

    I do like the second outfit too...that bag is so perfect for it! makes the look tres chic.

    I'm very happy to hear about the how you and your collegues are wearing dresses to support reaseach about Ovarian cancer...It is important to raise awareness about Ovarian Cancer...and you even did a fundraising! that's fantastic! My mother was diagnosed with cervix cancer when she was two months pregnant with me and because it was diagnosed so early on, she managed to carry out her pregnancy with me (obviously for here I am;) and she had some kind of laser surgery where it was removed (apparantly that is possible if the cancer is in very early stage and it is not widespead)....so early prevention is really key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think a shorter neckalce would have been better, I will need to try that next time! :)

      I'm glad your mum had such a success story and was able to catch and treat it early! That's the worst thing about ovarian cancer, there is no early detection test :( I'm hoping to meet my fundraising goals through the month!

      Delete
  14. Love the striped shirt and pink cardigan! Great colour combo!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great in both outfits! I love the color of the first cardi. These are my go-to kind of outfits, too!
    Have an amazing weekend!

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Colorful cardigans can really make an outfit looked pulled together. Love the pink and purple ones you are wearing!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a long cardi. They are always so comfortable. Thanks for linking up in the Ultimate Rabbit Hole. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful looks! The cardigans look lovely!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Plum is such a lovely colour on you! I really like the necklace :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both, although on second glance, I'd have to agree - maybe a shorter necklace next time? But seriously, minor details. You always look so well put together Mica! :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    I'm on the Tube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep definitely need to try a shorter necklace next time Linda! :) Thank you :)

      Delete
  21. you can never go wrong with a comfy cardigan and jeans :) I love the color of the first one best <3

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both outfits, especially the first one =) The handbag is really nice and so chic! <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Coloured cardigans are the best, aren't they? I think a different necklace would've worked better with the first outfit, too, but nonetheless, these are such comfy outfits to wear!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something I'm sure to repeat again - as it is so comfy! With a shorter necklace of course though, haha!

      Delete
  24. Have a great weekend babe :)
    Lovin those outfits

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad your knee has recovered! And skinny jeans are a huge must have for me, I have them in multiple colours and they are perfect for everything! Loving your outfits as usual :)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad too, it's nice to not be in pain! :)

      And I am a big fan of skinny jeans as well - they really are perfect for everything!

      Delete
  26. I love that blouse with that cardigan! They go so well together!

    www.sofashionablyfrugal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love both of the necklaces! And the first one has its own charm, it looks so stylish! Cute outfits as always, the second is awesome for walking with a child! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I adore both and I think that necklace works!!

    Victoria xx thedaisyjaynes.co

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the colors of both cardigans!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are the Queen of Colourful Cardigans! Huzzah for being back in skinny jeans. Hope you had an ace weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  31. another great bag that i MUST have!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for all of your thoughtful comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your cardigans! So pretty!

    xo, mikéla / <a href="www.simplydavelyn.com”>Simply Davelyn</a>

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...