Monday 11 April 2016

Singlets, Shorts and Kimonos: Autumn SAHM Style at 39 Weeks Pregnant

Another pregnancy OOTD post! While baby has arrived, I've got a few more pregnancy outfits scheduled to share on the blog. I'm at home enjoying the newborn cuddles and only venturing out when we absolutely have to. You can see my new mum 'style' on instagram.


Autumn in Brisbane didn't bring the cool change it usually does, so my autumn pregnancy style has been pretty much the same as my summer pregnancy style - maternity shorts, singlets, and printed kimonos!

What I wore:

Away From Blue | 39 weeks pregnant autumn outfit navy floral kimono black tank denim shorts

AwayFromTheBlue | Mulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
NecklaceHouse of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey (on sale here!)
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in black
Shorts:  Jeanswest Georgie maternity boyfriend shorts (available in non-maternity also)
Shoes: black slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
BagMulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey

Why I wore it:

I loved how well the Mulberry Alexa bag went with the colours of this outfit! And as I've mentioned before, this simple outfit formula of singlet, shorts and kimono makes me feel happy and comfortable each time I wear it.

Wore this to run a few errands and attend my obstetrician appointment in the afternoon, not an overly busy day.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, floral print kimono, black maternity tank, boyfriend denim shorts, Havaianas, Mulberry Foggy grey Alexa bag.

Other ways to wearfloral print kimono and skinny jeans, black maternity tank and a maxi skirt, boyfriend denim shorts and laceMulberry Foggy Grey Alexa with pink and grey.



Where to buy the Mulberry Alexa bag:








What I wore:

Away From Blue | Third Trimester maternity tank & Shorts, navy kimono and lilac bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Mulberry regular foggy grey Alexa lilac bag with blue outfit
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono (on sale, 70% off!)
Necklace: Eye Candy LA 'Sasha' statement necklace
SingletJeanswest maternity tank in white
ShortsJeanswest maternity rolled up shorts
Shoes: slim gold Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual plus silver and turqoise beaded bracelet set and old blue bead bracelets
BagMulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey

Why I wore it:

Wore this to attend my first Australian Breastfeeding Association meeting. With all the craziness when toddler T was born (and being without a car for a while) I had never gotten around to signing up, so I figured I'd best give it a go before baby was born this time. It's always good to make new mummy friends too.

Kept with my simple fail-safe outfit formula like I've worn above as I'd be going to a new place and meeting new people I'd only spoken to online before. For a little confidence boost it's nice to be happy with your outfit.


Last worn: navy printed kimono, white maternity tank, bermuda denim shorts, Havaianas, Mulberry Foggy Grey Alexa (above).

Other ways to wearnavy printed kimono with a green top, white maternity tank and a pencil skirt, bermuda denim shorts and a red bag, Mulberry Foggy grey Alexa bag in the office.











Linking up with Turning Heads, What I Wore, Oh Hey Girl, Fresh Fashion, Style Me Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Files, A Labour of Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. You look super cute in this maternity clothes. You are about to mee your little one if you are already in your 39 weeks. I'm happy for you. Take care and have a lovely day. xx
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Congratulations! I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant, my midsection increases in size like every week, I'm really glad I've found your blog, will bookmark some posts so I can use them to shop for a few items. Thanks for sharing! :-)
    http://www.yvonneinbloom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your pregnancy! Glad I could give you some inspiration :)

      Delete
  3. What is the "Breastfeeding Association"? It sounds intimidating.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what the equivalent is in Europe, but the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) is an organisation that provides support and assistance for people who want to know anything about feeding babies. They have a helpline you can call 24/7 which is wonderful for those late night feeds when you can't figure out why baby isn't latching right, haha! They do local meet ups too so you can chat to other mummies and trained lactation consultants, it's funded by members.

      Delete
  4. You always make me so jealous with your fun kimonos!
    And, I bought the Witchery sweater from a blog friend in Australia, so its the brand you're thinking! :) (I couldn't afford it regular price either, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I feel proud we have some Aussie brands circulating in the US! :)

      Delete
  5. So cute! You're rocking those denim shorts!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love kimonos and can't wait to get mine out for the summer! Great looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you were able to gather a backlog of outfits so you can enjoy your newborn time!! You're adorable and I'm loving your Harlow necklace! I need more!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep being behind in blogging has its perks! :)

      Delete
  8. That bag does go so well with the first kimono. Lovely!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again I'm reminded that I need to add a kimono or two to my wardrobe! I really love how they can add so much to an outfit without adding bulk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great layering pieces I think! :)

      Delete
  10. So cute! Congrats dear. Enjoy this precious moment with the cutest bundle of joy.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! Love the top kimono it's got a beautiful print. Can't wait to see your outfits moving forward now you had the baby. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking amazing girly!! Love both of these kimonos!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a sharp bag Mica! I love the color (can go with so many things) and the hardware on it. Gorgeous! You know I love your kimonos :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. So my first kimono purchase of 2016 finally arrived last week. I ordered it in March, so technically it's April arrival didn't break my no buy. (; Though the shipping took forever, I found it on Amazon for a steal! I am sooo excited to wear it and use some of your styling tips! I mean, if it ever decides to be Spring?! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yey I'm glad it arrived! Look forward to seeing how you wear it, once you get the warmer weather required, haha!

      Delete
  15. The kimonos are perfection! Love both of them!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Check you out ! I think these two looks totally worked.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both looks are lovely, but the first is my fave; I love the black kimono paired with the blank top underneath, perfect for fall! I also adore that purse you wore in both looks, the color and size is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you're having a great start to your week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kimonos are lovely! They both look lovely on you. Not long now with the baby. I know you won't be posting a pic when baby comes, but will you email me one? :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted a pic of my beautiful baby boy on instagram :) Link's at the top of the post :)

      Delete
  19. I agree, it's always nice to wear something you're comfortable in whenever you're going to a new place! I usually only stray from that when I'm with my best friend (we like dressing up unnecessarily and going to new restaurants) or I'm with a group of people I know well and we're all going the extra mile. Plus dressing up makes me feel really cute haha.

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a nice confidence boost when you feel dressed up a little! :)

      Delete
  20. Great bag review. I always like your videos. The first kimono outfit is amazing. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kimonos and short outfits are right in my alley! Love to pair these two items together for a casual and slightly boho vibe. By the way, I watched your video and I have to say your voice is really adorable! And of course, the Mulberry Alexa bag is gorgeous and so practical!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're a very stylish mama :D I love the kimonos; they're so perfect for the warm weather!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh I love wearing kimono! It is such a good piece for Spring/Summer :) Also, I have just subscribed to your YT! Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the kimonos! it fit so well on you!
    have a great day
    xx,
    http://evelyn-halim.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look great dear and you have a beautiful baby bump!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  26. Much agreed hun, a good outfit can really boost your self-esteem! x And you always style your outfits so beautifully - that Mulberry handbag is AMAZING! I love the colour and how versatile it seems, you could pretty much style it with anything! You know I always love your kimonos, also; they look super comfy and I adore the floral pattern on the first one. :) <3 Thanks so much for sharing, hun, and I hope you're doing great! Kisses. x x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing post as always!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhh im in love with your kimonos
    I think i should invest few of them this summer.
    Great casual look babe

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely glad I bought a few this summer! :)

      Delete
  29. Super cute outfits! I think kimonos are great for layering in the summer and something about them is so feminine but effortless.

    a small bit | bloglovin | twitter | latest post

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love both of those kimonos! Super pretty!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, Mica, I have missed so much. Congratulations on baby's arrival. Wishing you and your family a lot of health and happiness.

    xoxo,
    Teodora

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both of these look great, and I particularly like the necklaces you've chosen with each. I've just decided I need more statement necklaces in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really missing my statement necklaces at the moment, they are great accessories! :)

      Delete
  33. Such a cute look!! I love it!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both outfit looks great! I love the floral prints..)

    www.luv4beautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ah almost there! how exciting. great outfit choice, I really need to invest in maternity denim still

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the Jeanswest maternity denim - loved mine for both pregnancies!

      Delete
  36. classic mulberry bag! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  37. Really love both of these kimonos & how you styled them!!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the kimonos, they really make the outfit fun! Love the mulberry handbag as well. Loving the statement necklace.
    Thank you for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Both of these outfits are so you Mica and that's a compliment. So casual yet vibrant and put together. You own many pretty kimonos. I only have one. Two gorgeous necklaces. I need that starburst pendant badly. If you like welcome by and linkup today.

    I will be heading over your Instagram soon to see the latest. I hope your sweet boys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I need more kimonos in my wardrobe! Both of yours are so pretty and the perfect layering piece for a warmer day!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  41. You have the prettiest collections of kimono. I have one but the tassels got all messed up when I washed it and I have not bought another one.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no sorry to hear your kimono didn't survive the wash! :(

      Delete
  42. Looking good, yummy mummy!! I wish I could wear shorts like you when I was pregnant. Great fit! :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maternity denim shorts are surprisingly comfortable! :)

      Delete
  43. Thank you all for your congratulations and kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...