Friday 27 May 2016

Easy Postpartum Style: Trying to Hide a Lack of Sleep And Memorial Day Sales

Looking after a newborn involves some level of sleep deprivation. When you have two under 2 and a toddler to take care of in the day time, there isn't a lot of opportunity to catch up on missed sleep.

Some days you need to get out of the house no matter how little sleep you've had, so I thought I'd share two outfits I wore on some very sleep deprived days. I tried to use accessories to disguise the lack of sleep without my trusty BB cream - which I ran out of shortly after baby arrived. If you want some tips on makeup for tired mums, check out Anne's post!

What I wore:

Away From Blue | easy tied postpartum outfit kimono jeans nursing singlet

KimonoNew Look Petite print kimono (on sale, 70% off!)
SingletJeanswest maternity nursing cami
Jeans: Sass and Bide  'neon nights' jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red

Why I wore it:

Despite wanting to stay in bed after a very disturbed night, I had to take toddler T out so I grabbed a combination I knew would work from my heavy repetition of it over my pregnancy; denim, singlet and kimono.

I like kimonos as they are a great accessory to make it look like you put a little more effort into your outfit, and the colour and print helps to distract away from a tired face after a broken 3 hours of sleep. Hiding behind sunnies works too!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, printed kimono, breastfeeding singlet, Sass & Bide skinny jeans, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

Other ways to wear: navy kimono with a green top, breastfeeding singlet and a maxi skirt, Sass & Bide skinny jeans and tall boots, black ballet flats and a maxi dress, red saddle bag and a black outfit.









What I wore:

Away From Blue | Postpartum outfit: bright accessories to hide tired face

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
ScarfLove Quotes knotted tassel linen scarf in sunshine yellow
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
Jeans: Sass and Bide  'neon nights' jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red

Why I wore it:

I wore this on another failed trip to replace my BB cream. Ended up buying a different brand to give it a try as my usual was still out of stock.

More hiding behind my sunglasses and the same denim jeans as in the outfit above - because hunting out a new pair of clean and ironed ones is a lot of work when you're just too tired. If they are still clean, they get worn again!

This time I added a bright scarf to my outfit as it was a little cooler in the morning and I hoped the cheerful yellow would reflect on my bare face and make it look a little brighter and more awake. At the very least the bright accessories would draw the focus away from the giant bags under my eyes ;)



In the end, while you do stare into those gorgeous little wide-awake-and-refusing-to-sleep newborn eyes at 2am and a part of you wonders why they just won't sleep....you can't help but smile and coo back at this beautiful little miracle staring up at you, excited and ready to play because he hasn't figured out the difference between night and day yet. Not every moment of life with baby is perfect, but every moment is fleeting. It's both a reason to treasure the good moments and something to remember to get you through the tough, sleepless moments!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), Love Quotes scarf, striped tee, Sass & Bide skinny jeans (above), gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag (above).

Other ways to wearyellow scarf and a navy dress, striped tee and a baby bump, Sass & Bide skinny jeans and Converse, gold mouse flats and a wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag and flares.






It's Memorial Day weekend in the US so there are a bunch of sales going on!




Happy shopping!




Linking up with The Ultimate Rabbit Hole.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

45 comments:

  1. Great styles!! Love your outfits!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never have guessed you'd only had 3 hours of unbroken sleep! Phew, that sounds tough but newborn moments sound amazing. Glad you're doing well! And I think I need a cheery scarf for mornings when it's just not happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes colourful accessories are great t give you a burst of energy - no matter how much or how little sleep you've had, haha! Babies certainly make the sleeplessness worth it :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Mica... I love the casual look you created with the kimono and think you look awesome. No worries about hiding behind the sunglasses. You look like a movie star that way!

    Have a great day
    KaSonndra
    http://livewellbefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that 2nd outfit with that bright yellow scarf! It's great you're doing well. And cute pup 😍

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/so-torn/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh- I don't miss the sleep deprivation, it nearly wrecked me. You, however, look awesome and got a blog post out !! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pre-schedule all my posts so I can work on them in the little bits of naptime I get, haha! :)

      Delete
  6. You are so right: Not every moment is perfect, but it is all so worth it! Sunglasses are my best friend as well, especially since my eyes get all teary when I haven't had enough sleep.
    And thank you for the link love!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY pleasure :) Sunglasses are definitely a tired mum's friend!

      Delete
  7. Outfit combinations like this look so put together even if you don't feel like it. Hope you can get some more sleep!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The newborn days don't last long so more sleep isn't too far away!

      Delete
  8. You look amazing though!! Love these casual outfits :)

    Enclothed Cognition/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post dear

    I wish you a happy week! <3
    Kisses
    x Isabelle | Outfit Van De Dag.be
    Facebook: @outfitvandedag
    Instagram: @outfitvandedagblog
    Twitter: @outfitvandedag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these!!
    You don't look tired at all. I'm not sure I would be able to handle the 2 under 2 thing, hah. Although my mom did it. And she had FOUR kids (oldest was 10 when the youngest was born)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Your mum was amazing! I think two is a handful enough, haha!

      Delete
  11. lovely bag.. such a cute puppy!


    Happy Friday Doll!! Ps: I'm hosting a Giveaway. I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to laugh when I opened this post and right below the title about hiding a lack of sleep is a picture of you wearing big sunglasses #honestblogger

    In all seriousness though, I like how the bold pops of colour draw the eye away from the face. I'm definitely making notes right now, because I'm going to need those tips soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, some days you just need sunglasses! Can't believe how far along you are already, time has flown this year!

      Delete
  13. Well you look fab so keep on doing what you're doing. Big sunnies are a new mommas best friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you! Sunglasses are definitely a essential!

      Delete
  14. You look lovely considering, and the pop of bright yellow really looks great. It's such a happy colour to wear. I always try to find a replacement for creams now. x
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I should have had a replacement lined up, my fault!

      Delete
  15. One reason why I love Memorial Day is because of sales #shoppingaddict. :) That yellow is so pretty!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had fun shopping the sales! :)

      Delete
  16. I love both of these looks and the fun colors add energy for sure! I know I will be right there with you soon, so I'll be trying to camouflage my tiredness too no doubt. Love the stripes with yellow and red in that second look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep anything that helps disguise the lack of sleep helps - until you can actually get more sleep as baby grows up!

      Delete
  17. This is such a beautiful post, Mica! I know that your are a terrific mom, based on all you've shared here with us! You also always manage to look so stylish and put-together, while explaining some of the common struggles of mommy hood. It makes you so relatable and I'm sure all your readers agree :) That said, I love both looks, but the second is definitely my favorite, you know how much I love color and the yellow just speaks to me, haha! I hope you have a great weekend, beautiful, thanks so much for sharing!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jalisa! I think it's good to show some more of the real side to parenting.

      Delete
  18. I'm not a tired mother but rather a tired woman and I thank you for these tips! My weekend mornings are for running errands and sometimes I really can't be bothered with makeup so using accessories and fun prints (like your kimono) as cover up and misdirection! Both great outfits!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes no matter the cause of tiredness, accessories always help!

      Delete
  19. this bag is the perfect size! and right on trend for the weekend holiday!
    Katelyn
    theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That yellow scarf is so much fun! I'm interested in getting a kimono after seeing how stylish they are!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the whole outfit! Thanks for your wonderful comment on Qing's Style Please always keep in touch, I would love to hear from you!

    Follow me @qingsstyle on Instagram and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kimonos and colour make for great camouflage - you look great, especially on such little sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely post! Great outfits and I love that cute little red bag. Have a good weekend!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely Looks! Love this red bag!
    xoxo Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. That yellow scarf and striped shirt look so good together! It looks gorgeous on you! Sorry your little one had a rough night. You handle everything so well Mica. You're a great mom :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! The rough nights never hang around too long, I'm lucky.

      Delete
  26. Your first outfit was me yesterday. I was tired from dealing with sick Penny and too unmotivated for clothing. I wore shorts, a tee, a kimono, and huge sunnies. Poof, instant human. I thought to myself, Mica would approve! haha. I also did a three day weekend totally makeup free, as my skin really needed it. So those big sunnies came in handy there too! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Penny is feeling better! But yes, a kimono instantly looks more pulled together,a great way to fake feeling more stylish and energetic!

      Delete
  27. I grabbed two pairs of jeans at my local Jeanswest at the sale. Win!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sunglasses ARE the perfect accessory. I own over 15 pairs and recently noticed that in 95% of my posts I am wearing them. Actually my eyes are also SUPER sensitive to light. Well, on the bright side you looked good and I hope they stock up soon on your bb cream.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...