Friday 18 November 2016

Striped Maxi Skirts, Tees and Rebecca Minkoff Hot Pink Mini MAC Bag

Wearing a different bag for a change! In October when I bought my Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag I wore it right away and have been wearing it for a while, so it was nice to switch things up a little and carry a different bag. Still a Rebecca Minkoff one though, it's quickly become my go-to bag brand!

These outfits were wonderful to wear and I really liked both - the hot pink bag works nicely with a blue outfit as well as a neutral black and grey one.

What I wore:

blue tee white navy stripe maxi skirt SAHM spring outfit | Away From Blue

stripe maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
Tee: Kmart blue marle tee
SkirtAT by Atmos&Here Mars striped maxi skirt
Shoes: black slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

This striped maxi skirt was one of the outfits I had in mind when I was thinking how I could wear this blue tee. I really liked the way it looked together, it was nice and simple for a quiet day with a couple of errands. It's great when outfits you put together in your head turn out just as good as you imagined them!

This is the second wearing of this tee, so as I'm doing with everything I buy, my purchase review:
I really like this tee. I wanted to add more basics to my wardrobe and at $3 I couldn't say no to this. I've only worn it with maxi skirts so far, looking forward to wearing it with more things. Really pleased I got this, fits my 'wardrobe wishlist' as it's a great basic.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, blue tee, striped maxi skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff pink mini MAC.

Other ways to wearblue tee and chambray, striped maxi skirt and a baby bump,Rebecca Minkoff pink mini MAC and jeans.



More Striped Maxi Skirts Under $50:








What I wore:

pink accessories neon mini MAC grey tee black striped maxi skirt)| AwayFromTheBlue

JORD Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch Rebecca Minkoff neon Mini MAC Bag | Away From The Blue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Necklace: Nibbly Bits Abacus teething necklace in pop
Tee: thrifted grey oversize tee
Skirt: Target black and white striped maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff neon pink mini MAC (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

Since I liked the v-neck tee and striped maxi skirt outfit above, I wore it again with different pieces. This outfit was perfect for a morning attempting to go shopping with the boys. I shared a few pics on my instagram stories - I headed into Glue store to check out their denim range and try pick out a new pair or two. What you didn't see in the insta stories was how cranky both boys quickly got when I tried to take 10 minutes to try things on! Still haven't mastered the art of shopping in store for clothes with two little ones. Will probably wait a few more months before trying again...

At least my outfit was comfortable and didn't add to the stress levels of the morning, hehe!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), grey oversize tee, stripe maxi skirt, Havaianas (above), neon pink mini MAC (above).

Other ways to weargrey oversize tee layered for cooler weather, stripe maxi skirt and bird print scarf, neon pink mini MAC and khaki green.


Linking up with the Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Shoe & Tell, Modest Monday, Hello Monday, Let It Shine.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

47 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! The weather looks so nice xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes spring in Brisbane usually has pretty good weather! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy weekend! You bring out the best in this pretty bag! Very beautiful as always! well wishes to you.

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your stripes maxi skirts, they look comfy and nice. Pretty little pink bag too.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the grey with pink combo. Why don't I ever think of that. HOpe you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  5. Dear Mica,
    yes, the pink bag works perfectly with both of the striped maxi skirts! No wonderful you loved both outfits: they suit you very well and you look so happy and beautiful in them!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bright pink bag really stands out in a good way. I love it paired with the striped maxi & colourful necklace. Children will be children, I'm glad that at least you didn't have much added stress even though you only had ten minutes to try on clothes. Wish you a lovely weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes and they will always pick the worst times to be crazy kids! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm seriously so envious that you're wearing tees and maxis right now when we're bundling up in coats now! That bag is just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely outfit!! Have a great weekend!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Maxi's but I'm too short. I can rarely find one that fits...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm petite! These two were perfect length for me and I get other ones hemmed sometimes! :)

      Delete
  10. That is such a bright bag! Goes with my nails ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great as always. I really must downsize my bag for my essentials. These little bags you carry are great so I might check out this brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Rebecca Minkoff bags! And yes the little ones are perfect for carrying the essentials :)

      Delete
  12. I have never been a fan of maxi skirts but after seeing how you wear them so well even though you're petite, I might just give them a try again.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh glad I could give you a reason to try the style again! :)

      Delete
  13. Kudos to you for trying to shop with two kiddos! I rarely try to shop for clothes with just my son--I just don't have the patience :) I love how the necklace and bag add pops of color in both of these looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is harder shopping with kids - no matter the number I think, haha.

      Delete
  14. You are definitely the queen of the maxi skirt! It always looks great on you! And I can't fathom attempting shopping with two little ones--kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably won't do it again for a while but it's good to try different things now and then and see if they work or not! :)

      Delete
  15. You are so pretty! The bag is amazing! www.luck-happens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. this pink bag is so cute! It works fantastic with both outfits.

    I'm a big fan of maxi skirts and you always wear them so well- you're an inspiration!

    Perfect styling....stripes are always chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration Ivana :)

      Delete
  17. The striped maxi skirts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pink purse is so fun, I have one and hardly ever wear it... clearly I should be though.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you should definitely wear it! It's such a cute bag :)

      Delete
  19. You are rocking those stripes and those maxi skirts and I am so in love with that hot pink bag!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely appreciating how well that hot pink bag complements both outfits! Its posts like this where I realize I need to play with color more...lol

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww glad I could give you some colour inspiration! :)

      Delete
  21. Love that bag!

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm always a fan of a striped maxi skirt and you look great in them! Nice pop of color with the statement necklace.
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend

    Carly at A Modern Mom Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a teething necklace, so perfect with baby! :)

      Delete
  23. That is such a sassy little bag, I love it with the striped maxis!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hadn't heard of teething necklaces before--I assume they're worn in part for the good of the baby, but seriously yours is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get some really stylish ones! They are good for baby to play with while breastfeeding and they are good to chew on for him when he's teething as well as being an impromptu toy for amusement. They are a great product! :)

      Delete
  25. I love that hot pink bag and the little key detail on it! Very cute!

    Nina
    aworldofdresses.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm giving you praise because you attempted to go shopping with two babies! Dang girl. I get too scared to shop with one. (; That's why almost all of my purchases are made on line.

    Loving the bright pop of pink for summer! Well, your summer. It's snowing here. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing online only purchases for a while, unless I can get someone to help. Going solo wasn't the best idea, haha!

      Delete
  27. That bag really gives your outfits a nice touch of color Mica. So pretty. It's easy to use the same bag over and over again. HaHaHa I know I'm guilty of doing the same thing. I love those striped maxi skirts.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me that gets into a habit with one bag all the time Kim! :)

      Delete
  28. Love a pop of pink to an outfit! What a great bag!
    x Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...