Wednesday 7 December 2016

Jeanswest Trinity Denim Shorts, Green Tops, Crossbody Bags

I mentioned back in October that I was on the hunt for more denim shorts for spring and summer. I really liked the longer bermuda length denim shorts I wore over my pregnancies, so was extremely happy to pick up these Trinity shorts in the latest Jeanswest sale. They are on sale again now, 30% off!

What I wore:

khaki tank, bermuda denim shorts, mustard yellow micro regan bag | Away From Blue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | Away From The Blue
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
Tank: Target embroidered khaki tank
Shorts: Jeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts (new purchase)
ShoesRebecca Minkoff Georgina studded gladiator sandals in blush (on sale!)
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold (on sale!)
Nails: OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

Why I wore it:

Another easy outfit for Baby Boy's weekly weigh session and spending time with family in the afternoon. It was a little windy when I wore this but still quite a warm day, so a simple tank and denim shorts outfit was all that was needed.

I got the idea to wear this mustard yellow bag together with the khaki tank from a guest post on Shea's blog by Becky from byBMG. I really liked this combination and I'm definitely going to wear it again in future.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, khaki embroidered tank, studded gladiator sandals, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan. First time I've worn the shorts as they are a new purchase.

Other ways to wearkhaki embroidered tank worn two ways, studded gladiator sandals and a maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan and chambray dress.





What I wore:

blue and green fitted tank Bermuda trinity denim shorts jJanswest new look petite print kimono | AwayFromBlue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather |AwayFromTheBlue
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
TankJeanswest Jenni basic singlet in Emerald green
ShortsJeanswest Trinity Bermuda denim shorts
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

This is another one of those non-maternity versions of a maternity outfit I loved so much in pregnancy! While I gave my green maternity tank onto a pregnant friend, I have this non-maternity style in the same colour. The style challenge for the #RuleBreakersClub on instagram was the 'forbidden pairing' of green and blue, so the denim shorts and blue kimono were perfect. It's only recently I've started wearing green and blue together, I'm wondering why it's taken me so long to start wearing and enjoying the combination! Wore this to pop out to the shops quickly with the boys to get a few finishing pieces for their Christmas outfits.

I review everything I buy after wearing it twice to see how my new purchases work in my wardrobe. As this is the second time I've worn these denim shorts, my purchase review:

I love these! When I tried them in in store, I couldn't get over how soft they were. The sales assistant recommended sizing down and I think that was a great idea as they will stretch over time. The length is just right for my petite frame, not too short and not too long. These denim shorts are sure to be a go-to option this spring and summer. They are really highly rated in the reviews on the website and I agree with the high rating. I wouldn't change anything about these shorts!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), navy printed kimono, green tank, Bermuda denim shorts (above), Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC.

Other ways to wearnavy printed kimono and a grey tee, green tank and a maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC and purple cardigan.


Linking up with Fresh Fashion, What I Wore, Oh Hey Girl, Passion for Fashion, Flashback Friday, Shoe & Tell, Hello Monday.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

60 comments:

  1. Does you wardrobe never end woman?! You seem to have a never ending supply of cool casual outfits! That a good idea to wear things twice before reviewing them. I don’t think I could find time to do that. You’ll need to write a blog tips post one day! haha x

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do have a lot of clothes! The wear twice in a month rule has really helped me make better purchases though so I try make it work often! :)

      Delete
  2. Super jealous of you wearing tank tops right now. I think I will likely keep saying this all winter :( Looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looks & as always fabulous bags!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this green tee on you, green color looks amazing on you.
    Nina
    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you transitioned maternity to non-maternity! I can imagine how comfy your outfits are! Those shorts are awesome!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky to b able to get a few maternity pieces that match my non-maternity style, it was wonderful! :)

      Delete
  6. Very pretty shorts! I also adore the bag! Beautiful spring look! Hope you are having a wonderful week

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought I would like Bermuda shorts, but I picked up three pairs for $3.00 each at the end of the summer and I really like the longer length. You look fabulous in yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what bargains! I've been liking the longer length too, these are just right :)

      Delete
  8. I love the mustard and olive combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for inspiring me to try it! :)

      Delete
  9. Those shorts are the perfect length! Not too long, not too short
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't get why blue and green isn't allowed, either. I think your mixture is really pretty! I might check out Jeanswest when I next need some new shorts, I think that length would work well for tall people too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a tall range as well! You'll have lots of time to check out Aussie stores in future! ;)

      Delete
  11. so fun you can wear shorts right now! Its currently snowing where I'm at! Cute outfits!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the combination of cobalt/navy blue and lush green. It's a bold pairing that totally pops, but it seems so versatile too. I've seen it in a lot of preppy looks, but this is more easy, breezy, and beachy! Can't beat the versatility and light weight of a cross body either. Definitely my favorite bag type for traveling and site-seeing!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.ocm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great colour combo, I'm sure to be wearing it a lot more frequently! :)

      Delete
  13. I love the way you've styled the shorts in both looks! The tank in the first look has such a pretty design and the color looks great on you and combined with that mustard yellow bag. I also love the second outfit; I love blue and green paired together, I think when done in certain shades, it can be calming, as yours looks here! Thanks so much for sharing, girlie, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember a time where I wore bermuda length denim shorts all the time, I was obsessed with it :) I think the forbidden pairing turned out pretty good. Depending on the shade you choose green and blue actually look great together. I hope you're having a great week :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I might be reaching that obsession point, I really like these shorts! :)

      Delete
  15. The mustard shade on your bag is so pretty! I'm really jealous of you being able to wear shorts right now though, lol!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really am loving the bracelets you chose for this post, they really are so dainty and intertwine so well together. <3

    https://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are the ones I wear every day, I never take them off.

      Delete
  17. I know that green and blue are a "forbidden" pair, but they were my college roommate's favorite colors, especially in tandem, so I've become more accepting of it, haha! I love the pattern of that kimono, and I think it looks great with that tank top's shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your roommate has good taste! I really like the combo! :)

      Delete
  18. it looks awesome I envy you warm weather
    galantosfun

    ReplyDelete
  19. green and blue is actually one of my fav colour combos so thumbs up for this second outfit. The first one is also lovely, perfect but slightly windy but still sunny day.

    We had a nice sunny day here too, albeit a very cold one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pretty colors in both of these looks! It is freezing cold here today so I'm envious of your summer weather right now! I hope your baby boy is doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I prefer the longer versions these days as well. Not that I ever cared to flaunt my butt cheeks even in my younger days, but I do appreciate the comfort of movement they offer.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes longer length for extra coverage when running after babies is a good thing! :)

      Delete
  22. Lovely outfits dear! I ñlove the sandals on the first look, that's exactly the style of flat sandals I like wearing all summer long <3 I also love the color combination of the second outfit. Green and blue actually look amazing together so I'm glad you "broke the rules" ;) Have a wonderful day, dear!

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. you must have the biggest collection of rebecca minkoff purses ! I want to get one, what do you think is the best one?
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on what you're looking for! :) You can't go wrong with any of the classics - I love my mini MACs :)

      Delete
  24. I love yellow and khaki paired together. What a gorgeous combination. Also those Jeans West shorts are incredible. I like the length about them, not too grandma-long but not too butt cheeks short!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they really are that perfect length on me! :)

      Delete
  25. I love the first look so much, beautiful
    http://www.sindisosdiary.com/2016/12/25-get-to-know-me-questions-tag-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. These shorts are such a great buy for sure. It looks good on both set of outfits, and the length is just right on you:)
    PS I wish we have your weather right now....sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty outfits!! You are so sweet!!!

    http://www.brooklynglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Denim shorts that I actually like are a hard ones to find. Its odd because you'd think they are everywhere, but its not the case for me . I am glad yours were such a great buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - despite the warm weather I have more jeans than shorts, they are not always easy to find! I'm pleased with these though :)

      Delete
  29. I love how you styled both outfits! Hope you're having a great week!

    Chanel | Je M’appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  30. Here I am reading your blog and feeling super envious that you're in shorts while I am surround by 2 inches thick snow. Haha!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love green on you and I really like green and blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I actually really like the green and blue colour combo! I have no idea why anyone would call it 'forbidden', I think it's fab and you wear it so beautifully! <3 The mustard yellow bag is so lovely as well. :) Also, loving the puppy posing in the very first pic, so cute, haha! <3 Thanks for sharing as always, my dear. <3 <3 xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's that old rule "blue and green should never be seen", and I'm glad I'm ignoring it, haha! :)

      Delete
  33. I don't usually wear shorts, I think I have three pair that I wear occasionally ... very rare though. I do love the longer styles. Both otufits here are lovely and I especially adore the Harvest Gold handbag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Perfect for the weather we've been having!


    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look great in the shorts! I am loving that yellow bag with the olive green. What a fun combination.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have the cutest bags! Love this one!

    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  37. You look really nice on this denim shorts, the fit is incredible on you. Love the mustard bag too.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the mustard bag. The green and blue looks lovely together, glad you discovered this combo and love it!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those jean shorts look great on you. Excellent advice from the sales lady. That golden RM bag is gorgeous :D It's like a ray of sunshine. Looks fabulous with your outfit. Love the mix of blues & green in the second outfit.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love khaki and mustard yellow together ... they are great color's that mix so well. Your weather looks beautiful there... I'd be wearing those cute flat sandals too if it was warm here ♡

    ReplyDelete
  41. Huge fan of the olive green top + mustard bag combo, that's one of my favourite fall outfit colours ! Love you you styled the denim shorts!!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  42. Loving both of those handbags!


    Amber
    All the Cute

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hah we are in very different climates and I'm always jealous to see your cute shorts and tanks on your blog! :) You look beautiful as always!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you all for your kind comments! I'm thrilled with these shorts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...