Wednesday 24 August 2016

Pink Bag, Purple Scarves and Black and Grey Outfits

If you follow me on instagram or twitter you'd know that August has been a tough month health-wise for the boys and I. It's the last month of winter here in Australia and pretty typical for a few bugs to be going around. We just seem to be catching them all and every time I think we're recovering we get hit with something else!

Despite wanting to just stay curled up in bed, there have been days we've had to get out of the house for appointments or occasionally we were well enough to venture out for something fun. I brought my magenta Balenciaga day bag out to add some colour to my outfits. The wonderful pink colour makes me smile every time I wear it, it's a great mood booster!

What I wore:

Neutral outfit with colourful pink and purple accessories SAHM style | AwayFromBlue

Black cardi jeans, grey tee, Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta | AwayFromTheBlue
Jacket: Cotton On black knit wrap cardigan
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs mauve square scarf
TeeMarc by Marc Jacobs blossom pocket tee in grey
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagBalenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

I was feeling better and had regained my voice so we headed out to run a few errands and get groceries. When I'm not feeling the best I like to bundle up with a scarf, so this knit cardi and cosy purple scarf were perfect. I really liked the purple and pink accessory combo too, nice with the black and grey.

This grey tee hasn't been worn in a while - it's one of those pieces I tend to 'save' and skip over in my wardrobe as I want to wait until it's a 'better' day to wear it. Decided it's been neglected for too long as I last wore it 8 months ago so wore it anyway even if it was a quiet day.


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarer, black cardigan, purple scarf, grey tee, skinny jeans, black ballet flats, Balenciaga magenta day bag.

Other ways to wearblack cardigan and a printed maxi skirt, purple scarf and navy top, grey tee and a maxi skirt, skinny jeans and khaki tank, black ballet flats and flares, Balenciaga magenta day bag and a graphic tee.


More pink Balenciaga bags:








What I wore:

Purple leopard print scarf and pink hobo bag jeans and tee SAHM winter style | Away From Blue

silver bracelet stack, Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta | Away From The Blue
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Scarf: Sportsgirl animal scarf in violet
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversize tee in black (also in grey)
JeansSass and Bide pale grey skinny jeans
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in grey)
BagBalenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

The outfit above was so simple and perfect to wear, so when we were well enough to go back to playgroup I wore an incredibly similar outfit. Just swapped the black cardigan and jeans for grey ones, and a black tee instead of a grey one. Another easy neutral outfit with some colourful accessories. I think I liked this purple leopard print scarf with the magenta bag even better than the combo above.


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarers (above), grey cardiganpurple leopard print scarfblack v-neck tee, Sass and Bide jeans, black ballet flats, magenta Balenciaga day bag (above).

Other ways to weargrey cardigan and printed jeans, purple leopard print scarf and purple bag, black v-neck tee and flares, tweed jacket and grey jeans, black ballet flats and a pencil skirt, magenta Balenciaga day bag and denim shorts.


Linking up with What I Wore, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Weekend Link up, Fabulous Friday, Edge of the Week, Friday Fashion, Weekend Wear, Passion for Fashion, Friday Faves, Flashback Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

53 comments:

  1. Purple is my favourite colour but it's not a colour I wear often. I love how you incorporate purple into your outfit. Your dog look so cute in that little sweater! :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to wear purple, it goes with so much!

      Delete
  2. There seems to be so much going around. We're approaching the Winter months here and I'm not looking forward to that part. HaHaHa Mica, I love the mix of purple. The different shades are gorgeous! I also like how you've paired it with grey! I must remember that. I'm always pairing grey with a darker grey! HaHaHa I need to change it up. Two great outfits.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much going around! Hopefully you have a healthier winter than I did! Glad I could give you some colour inspiration too :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you guys can stay healthy! That big bright back just makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hopefully we have a healthier spring! The bag makes me smile too :)

      Delete
  4. Loving the bright accessories! Still love that first cardigan too, looks so cozy every time you wear it!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I hope you're all feeling better now. Being sick (especially when both you AND your kid(s) are sick) is the worst! I love the color of that bag and how it really pops in both of these looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shea! It is tough when we are all sick for sure!

      Delete
  6. I like both looks and think you look marvelous Mica ! Specially the second one.
    Funny thing, I lost my voice too recently, but it was for singing at a party ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah a much more fun reason to lose your voice!

      Delete
  7. I love these pops of bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're feeling good and the kids are doing better! When one gets sick, then it is impossible for the other not to get sick, luckily soon you will be having warmer months :) Bags and scarves are great for adding pop off colour. Grey&pink combo is pretty :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm hoping we have a healthier spring! :)

      Delete
  9. I love how you mixed the chic purple scarf with the pink bag! That color combo looks really great. x

    Have a nice week,
    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find a good outfit totally boosts my mood as well. (: Hopefully the month of September will be so different for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magenta is such a fun color and that fab bag is a great way to infuse a pop of color into your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely loving the jewelled tones in that first outfit! So perfect for our upcoming fall season!

    xoxo Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no that's the worst, the girls and I had a rough winter last year with us all getting sick back to back! Hope you are all feeling better soon. Both outfits are so cute & that bright bag is the perfect pop!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta! It is tough. We are feeling better though!

      Delete
  14. We catch bug after bug in the winter around here too, I'm hoping we get lucky this winter but I'm getting prepared for it! Hope you feel better soon, you look super cute!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bag is a GORGEOUS colour! I love how it pops off the black and grey. And even Cooper matches! I hope you feel better soon, sweetie. Good vibes to you and the boys, get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes he's been wearing his winter woolies! Thank you, we seem to be better now.

      Delete
  16. I'm sad to hear you aren't doing too well, but you look fabulous! That pink bag really is a mood booster.

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you and your boys feel better soon! Hurry up Spring!! This bag is lovely and I can see how it uplifts you. The second scarf is literally a perfect match too :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell but you've looked pretty fantastic in all the outfits all August! I really like the magenta color pop in both outfits here!

    http://www.coffeeproseprettyclothes.com/2016/08/oh-baby-polka-dot-dress-and-studded.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Winter in the UK last year got me sick too! However, I hope your boys feel better soon!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you feel better soon, lady! And loving the pink Balenciaga!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you're feeling better now! You look really nice, the scarf colour suits you!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have stopped saving clothing items for special days. There are so few of them, and I want to enjoy my clothes, so I wear them all the time.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both are really cute looks! I love the colorful scarves x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that bag! Purple is such a fun color :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ugh, I'm sorry you guys have been sick, that's a bummer! At least these outfits are bright and cheery! :) I love both scarves, but the shade of the bright purple one is just PERFECTION! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes bright outfits to try cheer me up hehe!

      Delete
  26. gorgeous bag as always!

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw I'm sorry to hear you've been catching the winter bugs! Good to know you're getting some outdoor time though, and this pink bag is so cute!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd feel better too if I had that bag on my shoulder! Miss L has a crunchy cough at the moment and her voice sounds like a completely different kid, it's freaking me out. Hope everyone is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope she recovered quickly! It is a great bag for cheering me up! :)

      Delete
  29. I love the outfits, and the bag is so cute! It adds a nice color to your outfits!! I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  30. adorable bag

    www.callmeponyboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I hope you all feel 100% soon! As much as love the approaching Fall season for us, I do dread all the illness that comes with it.

    That magenta bag is so fabulous! And I really like the way it pops against your purple scarves! It is so, so good!

    Thanks so much for linking up with me On the Edge of the Week! I hope to see you again next week. Have a marvelous weekend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes always much more going around when it's cold!

      Delete
  32. That bag is gorgeous and gives both of these outfits that perfect pop of color! Hope you are feeling better!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like this color combo in both of these outfits!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great purchases! I love your bag!

    http://violettedaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you all for your kind comments - we are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...