Friday 5 February 2016

Graphic Tees and Maxi Skirts: Third Trimester Petite Pregnancy Style

I'm in the third trimester now and my wardrobe options are quickly running out. I've been looking at lots of tops in my wardrobe and hoping I can squeeze in one last wear before the baby bump outgrows them! I was happy to get another wear from my graphic tees.

I've worn graphic tees and maxi skirts together before, it's a nice casual outfit. Despite being petite, I love my maxi skirts! I think anyone can wear them (even if they might need a little hemming first).

What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Monster threads cat dog tee striped maxi skirt baby bump SAHM outfit

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga magenta day hobo bag Roie Designs wrap bracelet baby bump
NecklaceTiffany diamonds by the yard necklace layered with Tai gold alphabet necklace
Tee: Monster Threads cat and dog graphic tee
Skirt: Target black and white striped maxi skirt
Shoesslim gold Havaianas (on sale!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
Bag: Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

Wore this to spend the morning with family and then go out to the books and rhymes session at the local library. The shirt started to feel a little tight over the baby belly near the end of the day, I was pushing it to the limits definitely. I loved how much the magenta Balenciaga bag popped with the neutral outfit though.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, graphic cat dog tee, striped maxi skirt, Havaianas, Balenciaga magenta day.

Other ways to weargraphic cat dog tee without a baby bump, striped maxi skirt and maternity tank, Balenciaga magenta day and denim shorts.


Great graphic tees under $50:






What I wore:

Away From Blue | Third trimester graphic tee grey jersey maxi skirt baby bump

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga magenta day bag 2005 05 RH
NecklaceTiffany diamonds by the yard necklace
Tee: Monsterthreads star print graphic tee
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bag: Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta

Why I wore it:

I enjoyed the outfit combination above so was eager to try it again with another graphic tee. I've worn this tee and maxi skirt together before, back when I was in the first trimester, and the weather was a little cooler. Looks very different with the baby bump. Again, I loved the way the bag popped with this outfit.

It's more than the second time I've worn this bag on the blog since I bought it, and I'm reviewing everything I buy after wearing it twice to check I'm buying the right things. So here is my purchase review:

I love this bag! I'll have a more in depth review up on youtube soon but I already love this style of bag and the colour. I find the Balenciaga day is the perfect hobo bag for me, and I've had a few magenta Balenciagas before, I adore the colour. This is definitely a keeper, I'm so pleased I scored it on sale over Christmas.


Last worn: navy graphic tee, grey jersey maxi skirt, Havaianas, Balenciaga magenta day bag (above).

Other ways to weargraphic tee and a pink blazer, grey jersey maxi skirt for a trip to Melbourne, Balenciaga magenta day bag in the office.


Linking up with Flashback Fashion, Fab Favourites, Weekend Wear, Passion for Fashion, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

58 comments:

  1. You look too adorable! I love that cute little cat tshirt with the striped skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, your preggo style is laid back and casual and the color of your bag is beautiful. I'd love for you to stop by my weekly Weekend Wear Friday linkups.

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tees!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha. Love that you have a big stash of funny, unusual graphic tees. They are both cute, as a not closeted sci-fi fan I'd go with the second one for myself.

    Have a great weekend :)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some nice ones! I massively reduced the number I own a while back as I don't wear them as much as I should. I kept my absolute favourites though :)

      Delete
  5. Cute Tees! Love the cat one. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... I can imagine the stress in the morning: you pick up a tee and wonder if it will fit.. I guess if things come to a point where none fit, have you thought of using up your husbands clothes ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's hard knowing if the outfit you thought up mid week will still work on the weekend! Luckily I have enough maternity pieces that I haven't had to raid my husband's wardrobe yet :)

      Delete
  7. You look so great! I love those graphic tees too. They are probably so comfortable for you at this point :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are super cute in these graphic tees!! That bag is such a fun bright piece, hope you have a great weekend:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute and comfy, which is definitely key!
    xo, Lily
    beautywithlily.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, I'm dying of cuteness with those graphic tees! They're SO adorable, really. I also love the pop of color with the bag, you look lovely. <3
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those cute graphic ts!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like cute graphic Ts and maxi skirts will be your best friend until baby arrives :) You still (of course) manage to look adorable. And that beautiful magenta Bal Day bag doesn't look too shabby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxi skirts will always work, love a stretchy waistband, hehe!

      The magenta Bal is in amazing shape for a 2005 bag - best oldie I've ever had! :)

      Delete
  13. I love the pop of colour your bag provides. It's making me rethink my mainly neutral coloured bag collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to have a bright bag to pull out now and then IMHO :)

      Delete
  14. Those tees are so fun! And that pink bag is awesome! You look great! Pregnancy agrees with you! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those graphic tees are fab - I'm coveting the cat and dog one. As usual, you're looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All these look like such comfy pregnancy styles! So cute. Love the first top with the cats! <3

    -Lily from With Love Lily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. This reminds me of myself wearing maxis until my 6th month of pregnancy.. Feels so comfy I know. Good luck and be safe always, hun!

    Xoxo,
    Jhem | JhemSay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep maxis are so comfortable for pregnancy! :) I'll be wearing mine up to the end, haha!

      Delete
  18. These tops are adorable! I really like your first one way cute!! :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh graphic tees! I almost forgot all about mine and you've just inspired me to pull them out from the back of my closet! I love the way you styled them - You always manage to look so fabulous!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I rarely wear them much but they are nice to have, I need to make an effort to wear them more often :) Once the baby bump is gone ;)

      Delete
  20. Your have the cutest graphic tees! Love both of these ones.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always beautiful!! Another amazing look babe!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always look great in maxi skirts. I think anyone can wear maxi/midi lengths. It's all about finding the right fit and length even if it means hemming like you said.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm lovin your cute tees dear
    I hope i can wear tees like you do when im on 3rd trimester

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so cute!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love a good maxi skirt ! Love how you styled them ! :) Xx

    http://kashmirandsilk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely pics...love your style
    I Have an wonderful sunglasses for giveaway on my blog honey,, will be so happy if you can participe...
    thank you and have a nice week
    ..kiss from MM
    http://maysesmodamour.blogspot.it/2016/02/i-love-sunglasses.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving both of these graphic t-shirts, especially the second one! How cute!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I used to wear graphic tees so much when I was younger and I've missed it! You've shown me you can make them work whatever you wear!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to wear them a lot when I was younger to, definitely not so much now but they are still nice to wear now and then :)

      Delete
  29. The cutest graphic tee on the first outfit!!
    Love how you can puff off chic and cool outfits too!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh I love a tee and maxi skirt combo - these are both gorgeous looks, so casual and chic. I'm quite tall but have shorter legs so I have similar bother with maxi skirts and I think they're so flattering regardless! x

    Viva Epernay | Lush Giveaway ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are flattering on so many heights! :)

      Delete
  31. You always come up with the cutest outfit combinations. Love how you have a comfy yet chic outfit with graphic tees and maxi skirts. x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really need to think about hemming* my stretch maxi, it would make life a bit easier!!

    * by which I mean getting my Mum or Mum in Law to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I've been known to hem by myself with hemming tape when I'm in a pinch ;)

      Delete
  33. With both outfits my eyes instantly popped over to the bag - I love how colorful it is! Plus the whole outfit in general just looks really comfortable. Good to hear that you're really liking the bag, too!

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful tees and skirts!! Looks so pretty!
    Love,
    Kisses and hugs from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just love your collection of graphic tees! You are so close! (: I agree that a nice pop of color bag with a muted outfit always works!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love graphic tees. The first one with kitties is so cute. I really like the second one as well...the one with the moon! I think I saw you wear it before. Lovely outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Graphic tees are so much fun! You are rockin out both of them girl.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loving the graphic tee with the maxi skirt for a comfy and cute look! Also loving the color of your bag! Thank you for joining the Weekend Wear Link Up!
    Rachael
    http://www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. T-shirts are great and I happened to score a similar skirt off my sister recently that I am loving.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yay for cute tees and maxi skirts! It's so hard when you start running out of options--you manage to still put together so many cute looks though! Love both of these and that gorgeous bag.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your maxi dress and maxi skirt outfits always encourage me to take a closer look at the maxis in my closet and inspire me to make more outfits out of them. <3 How very adorable you look with that graphic tee. Happy Tuesday dear. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...