Friday 13 September 2013

Blue and Brown: Vintage Print Skirt, Chloe Paddington | Casual Friday: Sequin Tank, Jeans, LV Neverfull

Here's what I wore to work on Thursday:

away from blue office wear vintage printed skirt brown tee chloe bag

2007 Brun Chloe Paddington worn on arm

Necklace: Lovisa turquoise and silver long disc necklace
Top: Kmart plain brown tee
Belt: Forever New skinny glitter belt (new purchase)
Skirt: Vintage pencil skirt from The Thrifty Kitten
Shoes: New Look brown cut-out detail shoe
Bracelets: the usual plus blue gifted Eiffel Tower bracelet
BagChloe Paddington in 2007 Brun


Kept everything fairly neutral after my bright monochrome orange outfit on Wednesday! Wearing the last of my new purchases from my DFO Spring accessories shopping trip on the weekend, this cute belt. A couple of times I've worn this skirt people have suggested I add a belt, so when I saw this belt in Forever New my skirt popped to mind right away! Really liked the little bit of colour the belt added, brought out some of the blue in the skirt print. 


Last worn: brown tee, vintage skirt, cut-out detail flats, Chloe Paddington bag.





Here's what I wore to work for casual Friday today:

Away From Blue Casual Friday Zara Tweed jacket jeanswest sequin embellished tank skinny jeans

Louis Vuitton MM damier Azur neverful with silver bracelets

Jacket: Zara frayed basket weave cardigan in blue
TopJeanswest 'Darcy' embellished top in Winter coral
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
Shoes: Rubi primo ballet flats in silver
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes Kelly Double tour bracelet in rubis
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull


I purchased this top a year ago and this is only the third time it's been worn, that's a really bad rate for such a pretty top! I definitely need to wear it more often. The top and blazer have been paired together before and I wasn't too happy with the outfit, but this time around I think it looks better with the top partially tucked in. What do you think?

Linking up with Friday's Fancies, Casual Friday, Friday's Fab Favourites, Friday's Five today.


Last worn: Zara jacketembellished tank, Jeanswest skinny jeans, silver flats, damier azur neverfull.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

34 comments:

  1. Have I told you how much I adore your bag collection? Because I do - it's fantastic!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them, you look so cute
    xx

    http://bitoflemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking very classy and well put together. I just love the pairing of the mint belt with the pretty skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the casual Friday look! That jacket is fantastic, and I love the balance of the sassy top and great denim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That neutral above on you looks so good Mica! Love the bits of blue. Fabulous top and jacket in the second pic.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that delicate print skirt in the first outfit, and your casual print top is perfect!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the Friday casual outfit :) Really cute top, you definitely should wear it more often!

    x Gi
    alibimag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should! I plan to move it to the front of my wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  8. i always love turquoise and brown together, such a good combination. love that new baby blue belt too - i always wander into forever new thinking it's too girly for me mostly but that's a nice simple piece i can get behind! you're all set for spring mica.. i need to add some colour into my wardrobe haha.

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh forever new had so many nice accessories! :) My sister loves it but I have to confess I didn't have anything from there in my wardrobe until recently! :) It's nice to try something new now and then :)

      Delete
  9. That dress is so adorable and I also adore the more sporty look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute!
    Loving the colors!

    http://adollwithoutstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am Loving the soft muted tones in the first look perfect.

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this combination of shades, everything goes together so perfect! :D (I also love it that you feature your dog in your photoshoots.. super adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He wants to follow us everywhere so he gets excited to come along to take photos with me, haha. It's cute :)

      Delete
  13. i like all the outfit ^^

    Invite you to enter my giveaway with mignon mignon here

    visit my blog ^_^
    www.LuchLuchCraft.com
    My online store ^_^
    www.TokoLuchLuchCraft.biz

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just adorable!

    Thank you for linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the first dress, very lady like. And the red top looks sooo good with the tweed jacket :) I would be clueless with tweed, but I like how you made it more casual

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like wearing this jacket with jeans, such an easy combination :)

      Delete
  16. You are one of the few people who look lovely in light taupe. Pretty choice!
    I think the half-tucked top is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like both of these looks. The neutral outfit is very pretty, the vintage skirt is great.
    Inge
    This Ever Evolving Life

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your sense of style is really impressing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely demure look for number 1


    X. Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your LV Neverfull bag!! perfect tote for a casual friday look!

    cute & little
    vote for my YOUphoria outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The skirt you're wearing is so cute! I really like your casual outfit too!
    Your hair looks pretty! xx

    -Olivia. :)

    www.foxandmint.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the textures and colours in this outfit! Not to mention, you have one impression handbag collection!

    Thanks for dropping by :)

    x Lauren
    youronlyblackswan.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both look have a perfect print. I love the print top, so cute.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I lovee to find gorgeous vintage items! It makes me feel unique!

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the tweed jacket and it works really well with the top. You look great!
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...