Saturday 19 October 2013

Casual Friday: Jeans, Striped Top, Rocco Bag | Tank, Maxi Skirt, RM Nikki Hobo

Here's what I wore to work on Friday:


Necklacecustom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
TeeLiving Doll stripe 3/4 sleeve top
Jeans: Sass and Bide "Straight up" jeans
ShoesNine West fascinate ballet flats in silver glitter
Bracelets: the usual
BagAlexander Wang Rocco with gold hardware in dark argon


Always predictable, jeans for casual Friday :) Covered up a little with this shirt as it was overcast and the weather was predicted to get cooler and storm a little. Forgot to pack an umbrella though, which meant I got soaked on the way home as the rain set in, haha. Meant it was a good night for comfort food for dinner and curling up on the sofa watching a movie.


Last worn: stripe top, skinny jeans, glitter flats, Alexander Wang Rocco bag.



Here's what I wore today:


Sunnies: Orange sunglasses from Paddy's Market in Sydney
Necklace: Roie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
Singlet: Cotton on caramel 'Forever Tank' in caramel
Skirt: Seafolly runaway maxi skirt in sunset (purchased at DFO Brisbane)
ShoesAsos metallic Freestyle leather sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs waxed leather cream howlite beaded wrap bracelet
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff Nikki in Silverstreak


I will be honest, I spent a bit of time trying to find the perfect orange or yellow top in my wardrobe to wear with this to have a full obmre sunset outfit going on! Nothing seemed to match quite right, so I went with this nice brown tank in the end. Probably best, I might have gotten strange looks from people wondering if I was dressing up as a sunset for Halloween, haha!


Last worn: orange sunniesbrown singlet, ombre maxi skirt, Asos freestyle sandals, Rebecca Minkoff Nikki bag.


Don't forget to enter my Iconemesis iPhone case giveaway!

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

40 comments:

  1. I love both outfits (and the dog as well!!). I am a massive fan of maxi skirts as well as stripes.. impossible to pick a favourite!

    { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfits! I am a pig fan of stripes and jeans and your puppy is so adorable and the perfect accessory! :)

    A Pretty Thought Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this ombré dress! You look like a yummy mango tropical ice ice cream lol (in the most complimenting way ❤️)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really digging that ombre maxi skirt! Its so pretty :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doggie is so cute! Also, you look perfect in those outfits, both casual yet chic! And those jeans look so good on you!

    Majda | www.classystateofmind.blogspot.com

    PS Loving the "usual" stack of bracelets-so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute looks, and a cute pup to go with them! :)

    -Helena
    helenashideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the cutest outfits! I love that you have your adorable dog in all your posts! very creative.

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) He likes to be around people so I like taking him out in the morning when I stop for photos before work :)

      Delete
  8. Love that dress!! <3 that sunset dress is romantic an gorgeous. :)

    Chicnikkie's Blog | BlogLovin' | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you would style this skirt so well- it's such a pretty skirt! I like it with the brown, I probably would have been safe and stuck with white.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I should try white next time! :)

      Delete
  10. hope you had a good weekend. the first look is particularly amazing! one of my favourites so far, i think it's the simplicity that really appeals to me. also, a good stripe top is so hard to find. sold out already!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the perfect striped slouchy top, I can see why it sold out! Always another striped top to buy though....haha ;)

      Delete
  11. What nice outfits, the dress is amazing! New post on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that skirt is super cute!! And the dog is precious! =)

    mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the casual look and cute dress! Your dog is so cute too!

    http://www.hiteastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color of that Rocco bag! and I love the first outfit, perfect for casual friday!


    The Bittersweet Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are just the perfect kind of nights!
    Thankfifi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! I really like spending evenings in :)

      Delete
  16. love the first bag of course! and i love how colourful your outfit in the second post is!! awesome!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tee and really like your navy bag! It's a total winner!
    x Kirsty
    http://geelongfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your AW bag! I've coveted that bag since I've seen it a few seasons ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great bag! I'd wanted it for a while to before I picked it up for a great price on sale! :)

      Delete
  19. great casual looks and I love when your dog is in the photos just adorable!
    xo Ilana @ My Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  20. What really stands out to me here is your lovely maxi dress. The colours are so outstanding and happy. It suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the unique colour of that Alexander Wang bag!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Replies
    1. Love the dress and your dog to bits!! :)

      www.shareasecret.wordpress.com

      xoxo

      Delete
  23. There's that skirt I loved...perfect with the neutral tank.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really pretty ombre skirt Mica! You did well with the brown top! It blended in perfectly. Love that striped top with your jeans. HAHA Is Cooper dressing up for Halloween? I saw some dog costumes the other day and thought about him.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we did think of going to the Halloween parade and dressing him up a bit, but decided not to. He does have a little NYPD shirt my sister bought him in NY, so that's a cute costume for him! :)

      Delete
  25. Well look at you Miss Chic! If I knew how to whistle via blog comment, I would ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looking amazing lately, Mica - you have the best bags ever. I would try a contrasting colour top with this skirt, like turquoise, then popping a turquoise shoe or bag to tie it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I will need to give that a try. I wonder if I have a turquoise top....I did used to have one that would be perfect, I'll have to go looking.

      Delete
  27. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    And I guess I picked the top to wear with the maxi skirt really well, as lots of people thought it was a dress! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...