Monday 29 December 2014

Band Tee, Metallic Skinny Jeans | Printed Tee Dress, Studded Sandals

No more point and shoot camera! Yey! I'm so thankful that the insurance company quickly finalised my claim on my broken camera so I could have a great camera again just in time for baby's first Christmas! I am also very happy I don't have to use self timer for photos any more, I was spoiled by having a camera remote, and really pleased to have that functionality back.

I'm still playing catch-up on the blog, so two more pre-Christmas outfits I wore, inspired by the Fox in Flats DAREcember style challenge. I'm playing along every day on instagram and sharing a pic of my outfits, even if I don't get a blog photo.


Here's what I wore to have a quiet Saturday at home:
Bones and Skin KissChasy band tee metallic rocker sass and bide skinny jeans
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
Tee: band tee from KissChasy "Bones and skin" tour
JeansSass and Bide 'Three Words' metallic gold jeans
Shoes:  black slim Havaianas thongs


The style challenge for the day was 'Rock out' to create an 'I'm with the band' type outfit. I thought the metallic jeans would be perfect! A good twist to a normal jeans and tee outfit with the metallic fabric. I just had to wear my band tee too to really tie in with the theme, and because I have an entire box full of band tees I never ever wear. This one has to be my favourite. I've worn it a couple times but every time I do I remember the eventful gig I was at when I bought it, and spending the evening in the hospital afterwards. Definitely one of the more memorable shows.

The jeans were okay for babywearing too! Usually I prefer to wear skirts or dresses so I don't overheat when I'm carrying baby T in his ergo, but it was a slightly cooler day so I wasn't too warm after our morning walk. No handbag, as I still haven't figured out the best way to wear bags when I'm babywearing.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, KissChasy band tee, metallic skinny jeans, Havaianas.



Here's what I wore to pop out without baby:
Atmos&Here Willow printed tee dress Balenciaga studded sandals RM Love bag summer outfit
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
DressAtmos & Here Willow printed tee dress
ShoesBalenciaga studded sandals in sorbet RGGH
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey


Hubby looked after baby T for the afternoon, so I had the chance to go out by myself for a bit. It still feels strange doing things without baby! Took the opportunity to wear my favourite dress and some pretty sandals.

The style dare for the dare was "product free", which is easy for me to do as I'm often too hurried in the morning to put on makeup. I tend to reserve make up for special occasions or days when I know I'll have help with baby so I can spend an extra few minutes getting ready. I wear BB cream every day though, discovered that back in the first trimester when I was dealing with morning sickness and needed to get ready and look pulled together quickly each morning. Will not be giving up the BB cream any time soon! Went hair-product free instead, and the cute waves I woke up with quickly unravelled later in the day without any styling spray to help hold them. I ended up just tying my hair back in the afternoon. Didn't really matter by that stage anyway, I was back at home and working at Church Online. The best part about online church - don't need to put effort into what I look like when I attend!


Last worn: Wayfarers (see above), printed tee dress, Balenciaga sandals, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.





Linking up with Modest MondayMix It Mondays, Celebrate Southern, Real Mum Style, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

30 comments:

  1. I am loving those gold skinnies! Definitely a great look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got your camera back. I had a self timer on the old one and the new one I can just snap. LOL A world of difference! So much easier! I love those metallic jeans. I think they're so cool. They look great on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I didn't realise how spoiled I was with my camera, so much easier than messing with self timer, can't believe I used the old one for blogging so long, haha!

      Delete
  3. Don't feel bad Mica, you're not the only one catching up !
    I am glad your camera claim resulted in a positive way and that it was just in time for Christmas.
    Hope you, baby T and hubby had a beautiful Christmas. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! that's the way though isn't it, blogs get behind as they are never the most important thing :) Good way to be! :)

      Delete
  4. Mica, I blame you on this but I ordered a Moon RM Love cross body bag over the weekend (it is a navy blue colour). I love silver HW and unfortunately RM is not listening to her customers (she made 90% of her bags nowadays in that light gold, sigh). I am so excited and can't wait to get my! I love your printed dress pairing with your Love bag <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yey! can't wait to see it on you when it arrives, you'll love it! And navy blue, stunning! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, those metallic pants! Obsessed. And I love that RM bag, I've been eyeing it in black as alternative to my Chanel dream bag. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great alternative to the boy bag! I'm so lucky I got this for my birthday! :)

      Delete
  6. Looking very rock and roll! I had to click on the link re the KC incident. You poor loves, the pair of you!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was bar far the most eventful gig I've ever been to, what a story!

      Delete
  7. Glad you got your camera back! :) Those metallic jeans are so chic on you!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the camera issues is sorted.

    I love those Balenciaga sandals.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you that you can still wear dresses!

    x Krizia

    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that green print t dress. Looks so comfy. I'm so jealous that you can pull off the no makeup face. My skin is wack and uneven like no other. Hope you had a great first holiday with the baby! (:

    www.accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love BB cream - it hides imperfections! :)

      Delete
  11. Yay for getting your camera fixed!
    I love your dress in the second outfit - the print is just so pretty and fresh!!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving your lazy day outfit, the first one!! still so chic!!! :D

    happy new year!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the dress in the second outfit and i wish i woke up with curls that looked like that!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Glad the camera issue got resolved. That would drive me crazy :/
    Anyway, cute outfits as usual. Those metallic pants would be such a cute option for a more laid back New Years Eve celebration :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be great for new years! If it was cool enough here, haha!

      Delete
  15. Love your outfits, especially the metallic jeans! You are invited to join the Trendy Wednesday Blog Link Up at: http://www.classyyettrendy.com

    Leanne,
    Classy Yet Trendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. love both looks!
    amazing gold pants!
    fab floral dress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hiiiiii! Ooooooh that willow print dress, of course:) Hey also I wanted to invite you to my ‘new’ link up for fridays, Fashion Caché Friday, hope to see you there each week! http://sweethaute.blogspot.com/2015/01/fashion-cache-friday-1.html

    ~Be Sweet
    Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SO jealous of your flip flops!! Those pants are super fun too! Thanks so much for joining J and me for the Celebrate Southern Linkup! Cheers and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! I love them so much, but lately I've been loving maxi skirts more. Plus the heat makes jeans unsuitable most summer days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...