Wednesday 4 March 2015

Stripes, Skirts and Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere Bag in Damier Ebene

First up, have you shopped the Shopbop sale yet?!

15% off orders of $250+
20% off orders of $500+
25% off orders of $1000+





It's been a while since my last style challenges, so when Vanessa posted her Style and Shenanigans Colour challenge, I was eager to give it a go again. I've posted my thoughts about style challenges before and I think they can be a good way to help me wear more of my wardrobe and not just go for the same pieces all the time. It was a short challenge, just 5 days long. Below are two of the looks.


Here's what I wore to spend the day with my mum:
Peach ruffle cami striped jersey maxi skirt LV Speedy B 30 damier Ebene
SunglassesRayban new Wayfarers
SingletJeanswest peach ruffle cami
SkirtAT by Atmos&Here Mars striped maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere (with Coach feather bag charm)


The challenge for the day was 'pastel central'. I thought this peach cami was perfect. I really like pairing cami tops and maxi skirts together, I've done it a few times now, nice and cool for summer. I am still so incredibly lucky my sister didn't want this top any more - a great piece for me I picked up in one of her wardrobe clear outs! Every now and then when we get the urge to clean our wardrobes we will let each other comb through the bags before taking them off to be donated. I've got some lovely pieces that way, and it has to be said I've got a few of my old clothes back that way as well, hehe!

I really liked this outfit - the only thing I didn't like was how the top slid up and bunched around my waist through the day, looked odd as the skirt is quite fitted around the waist. I'd maybe try belt it next time to see if that helps to keep it in place.


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarerspeach cami, striped maxi skirt, Havaianas, Louis Vuitton Speedy bandouliere.



Here's what I wore to visit the doctors:
pattern mixing striped tank printed green skirt outfit

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
TankGlassons striped tank in black and white
SkirtFrench Connection green and black printed skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere (with Coach feather bag charm)


The challenge was 'jewel tones' like emerald green, so this green skirt was ideal! I tried to wear it a little differently and try a bit of print mixing, but I think it's too much. Maybe if I'd worn a plain bag with it it would have looked better. I just always wear this skirt with a plain black top, wanted to try something a little different. Seemed like a nice idea in the morning when I was getting dressed, but after looking at the photos I didn't really like how the outfit looked. Although people were encouraging on instagram, it's not one of my favourite outfits.

I haven't worn this skirt often. In the 3 years I've had the blog...this is only it's fifth wear. 1, 2, 3, 4 and now. To be fair, it is a fixed waist skirt that was impossible to wear during pregnancy. It's one of the pieces I bought back when I was starting out with my corporate wardrobe, and I wore it a lot. But over the years I started buying and wearing pencil skirts more, and it's just been neglected.

There is nothing wrong with the skirt - it's pretty, it gets compliments, it's good for my business casual office as well as days off...but I think it's time for it to leave my wardrobe. If I do want to wear a pleated printed skirt, I still have this one. I don't need two similar pieces that aren't worn often! I'm a little more adventurous with the other skirt too, I find yellow and black easier to wear than green and black. I don't just pick a black top to wear with it all the time!

Leaving my Wardrobe: French Connection Green and Black Printed Skirt

9 outfits with 1 French Connection green black printed pleated skirt

(Pics all the way back to 2008 before my blogging days, for your amusement! I really did like wearing this skirt with a plain black top...)


Last worn: wayfarer sunglasses (above), striped tankprinted skirt, Havaianas (above), LV Speedy B(above).




Linking up with What I Wore, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Style Me Wednesday, Trendy Wednesday, Spotlight Weekly, Fun Fashion Friday, Fab Favourites, Skirtista Diaries, Modest Monday today.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : Youtube

50 comments:

  1. Loving your stripes and print-mixing in these outfits. 2 great skirts. Also, you had a great run with the green-printed French Connection Skirt. So many great outfits with it, Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stripped pieces are my favorites as well! Have almost the similar stripped skirt in midi length by H&M!

      xxx
      JOURNAL OF STYLE

      Delete
  2. Love the first outfit, the peach top is gorgeous! <3

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Shopbop sale is amazing isn't it? Love these outfits on you!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah! <3 You're absolutely looking wonderful!
    x Angela // bouncingbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful peach colored top on you! I love the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag is fabulous! You look gorgeous! Loving that maxi!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  7. That peach singlet is so pretty! And I love the green skirt, too bad it didn't get that much love, ha ha. But I have pieces in my closet like that too.
    I'm trying to resist the Shopbop sale, haha...need to save my shopping money for vacation! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to resist the sale too, the problem is that there are sooo many cute pieces! Trying to be good!

      Delete
  8. Both stunning looks! I really like the skirt you are wearing in the second photo :)

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you've been doing these leaving my closet bits. It's really inspiring and I may just mimic this since I'm in a Spring cleaning mode myself. (:

    Peach is def a great color on you! It compliments your skin and hair nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to do something similar! I've seen a few bloggers do 'leaving my wardrobe' type posts of wardrobe additions and edits, so that's where I got the idea for this! :)

      Delete
  10. I love the check print Speedy - I have the classic LV print

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing being 37 weeks pregnant. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so in other words I need to step up the post pregnancy weight-loss, if I still look 37 weeks pregnant 9 months post-partum? ;)
      I am quite happy with how I lost most of the pregnancy weight actually :)

      Delete
    2. Um yes, you are one of the slimmest women out there! I couldn't believe how quickly you got back to your tiny self. No more weight-loss needed at all!!

      Delete
    3. Hehe thanks Lauren! :) I'm happy with how I lost the weight too, slow and steady! Plus I think a bit of leftover baby belly is a given, not the end of the world :)

      Delete
  12. The outfit looks great on you! Loving your blog and happy I stopped by:) xo, Hayley www.dailydoseofdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy participating in challenges too, although I must admit I have not in a long time as I barely have time to post. Just now, I am almost up to date…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, blogs often fall lower down the priority list. You're doing great though, don't feel bad when life gets in the way!

      Delete
  14. oh my goodness! you rock these stripes! such darling looks!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving that long stripy maxi skirt and wow that bag is stunning!


    ♥ Ellen #NZblogger
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how you wore the hunter green skirt with a belt. The skirt is great in my opinion. I also adore the ruffled top. Take care Mica. <3/Madison
    February Moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked the belted outfit too, something a little different I tried! :)

      Delete
  17. I love that bag. You look great!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you styled that French Connection skirt so many different ways.
    Fash Boulevard

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mica, that peach and stripes looks SO DREAMY together! I never thought of that! I love the way it looks. Gorgeous green skirt!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I feel like I wear stripes with everything at some point, hehe! I am so lucky my sister didn't want that top any more, it's been a wonderful addition to my wardrobe!

      Delete
  20. I love how much you play with patterns! It always looks so cute on you :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love that LV bag & I've been loving all of your pretty and chic outfits!! Stripes are always a winner in my books:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's such a classic bag! It looks great with both outfits! You look so great! Isn't it cool to see how we style the same piece differently over the years?

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's just funny to see how similarly I've worn this skirt over 7 years, ha!

      Delete
  23. Peach is my favorite pastel color too :) Perfectly paired with your striped maxi. I agree on retiring that skirt. There's something about the colors I'm not a big fan of. Yay for cleaning out your closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not really a green person anyway, better to go to someone who will wear it more and be more adventurous with it!

      Delete
  24. I love that deep jewel tones green skirt! It reminds me of emerald! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the 1st outfit.
    The top looks so cool.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your outfit. it really look so comfy and classy <3

    Leigh Cee | Ich Liebe Dich Sky

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your creativity and uniqueness in this post inspires me dear ♥

    http://contemporaryboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. We're loving your striped maxi skirt. So cute!!

    xx 365Hangers

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love striped maxi skirts - they go with everything and are so easy to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That LV handbag is so dreamy! Lovely pics, Mica. And (as always) fabulous style. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. The the ruffle cami with the maxi skirt!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your striped skirt! Thank you for joining the Trendy Wednesday Link Up!

    Leanne,
    Classy Yet Trendy
    http://www.classyyettrendy.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pastels look really pretty on you. I really like both of these looks. The striped top and stripes on the top of the skirt work well together.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  34. How nice that you and your sister are able to exchange clothes. I love both outfits and love how much use you've gotten out of this green skirt.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been worn quite a lot - will be a shame to see it go, but I really need to make space in my wardrobe for some work pencil skirts...something has to go, and it did get a good run.

      Delete
  35. haha nooooo not gonna say goodbye to that! It's perfect for life with baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...