Monday 25 May 2015

Autumn Layering: Prints, Colourful Cardigans and Striped Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC

Every time I see someone like Lauren from Exploring My Style or Kiki from According to Kiki wearing their cardigans and talking about how great they are, I think of all my hardly worn cardigans. I wore them frequently in the newborn baby days over my breastfeeding singlets, and I've always had one kept in my desk at work to keep me cosy in the office air con, but I don't really wear them out very much. I'm trying to change that this year and take advantage of the milder autumn weather to wear some of my cardigans.

What I wore:

Printed crochet bib tank red cardigan grey maxi skirt autumn beach walk outfit

Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC Hermes tiffany Disney Couture bracelet stack
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
CardiJeanswest long red drape cardigan
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace
Tank: Emerson crochet lace bib print top
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Disney Couture Winnie the Pooh bangle and Hermes Kelly double tour bracelet in rubis
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

This was what I wore for Mother's Day! (Yes I am that behind with blogging!) This was my first Mother's day with baby T so hubby put a little more effort in than when it was just Cooper helping me celebrate ;) I was spoiled with some delicious and creative gifts, and we went out for lunch and a walk over to King Island. I wore the cardi in case it was a little chilly by the sea, but it was so nice sitting there on the sand enjoying the sunshine.

I've worn this cardigan with a maxi skirt before and didn't like the way it looked untied (I preferred it knotted) but this time around I liked the look and left it hanging down loose. Maybe as the printed top broke the long line up a little it looked a bit better.

Everything I wore worked for the 'channelling the person who has influenced your style the most' theme for the Fox in Flats style dare. The printed tank was a gift from my mum, the maxi skirt I bought on one of my many shopping trips with my mum, and I know my mum would have approved of the cardigan so I didn't catch a cold ;)


Last worn: RayBan wayfarersred cardiganred printed tank, grey maxi skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff canvas stripe mini MAC.

Other ways to wear: red cardigan with an all-black outfit (1 and a half weeks postpartum), red printed tank in the office, grey maxi skirt with a plain pink top, Rebecca Minkoff canvas stripe mini MAC with a printed navy shirt dress.









What I wore:

Wearing a summer boho print dress in autumn with cardigan and leather boots

Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe
CardiganJeanswest Dana drape knit cardi in Boysenberry
Necklace: Tai gold alphabet necklace
DressJeanswest 'Chelsea' printed dress
Belt: thick brown Vera Moda belt
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

I wasn't happy with this bag and outfit together  - but it was what I had wore the day before and had all my things in, so it was the best choice as I was running late in the morning. I tried to cram in rhyme time at the library before going to playgroup with baby T. I managed it and was only a little late. Hopefully I'll be on time next time!

The style dare for the day was 'favourite dress, different'. This dress is one of my favourites - I love the style and the colour. I purchased it last year, and wore it in spring, and in summer. I just layered it up a little this time around with a cardigan and leather boots for autumn. I couldn't decide if the belt looked better over or under the cardigan - I ended up putting it under the cardigan but I think this would look nice both ways, gives me another way to wear it later. I'm hoping to wear this dress through the year and not just have it as a warmer weather piece.


Last worn: purple cardiganboho printed dress, tan leather boots, Rebecca Minkoff canvas mini MAC(above).

Other ways to wear: purple cardigan with maternity skinny jeans - first day out with a newborn, boho printed dress with ankle boots for spring, leather boots and skinny jeans in winter, Rebecca Minkoff canvas mini MAC with maxi skirts and a baby bump.




Linking up with Let It Shine, Style To Inspire, Modest Monday, Shoe and Tell, Mix it Mondays, Manic Mondays, Sunday Funday, Bless Her Heart, Real Mom Style, Turning Heads, Reasons to Dress, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, The Wednesday Pants, Wardrobe Wednesday, Because Shanna Said So  today.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

57 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about cardi and maxi skirt but your pairing proved me wrong. Maybe the cardigan has to be of certain fabric, texture and weight? But whatever it is, it looks really nice! Sounds like you had a great first mother's day and it gets better with hand made gifts from the child himself! I still save the necklaces, cards, flowers and hats the boys made me.. good memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will be keeping all of the things baby T makes me too! :)

      I think the difference between the printed top and plain skirt helped with this look, I didn't like the same cardi with an all-black outfit before.

      Delete
  2. you look amazing my dear, both outfits are lovely :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stunning! I love the bright colors to the first look, I love being bold :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the red details autfit effortless and so stylish!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my cardigans but they die so quickly from daily use. Was just thinking i need a little red in my wardrobe. That bright colour looks great on you!

    Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely don't hold up as well as say a leather or denim jacket! But they are so soft....so I forgive them, haha!

      Delete
  6. I really like the long cardigans in both looks! Typically I stay away from long cardigans like that as well, but this both look amazing! The pretty purple color in the second outfit looks fantastic with navy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to try a different look now and then :) I really liked that colour combination too!

      Delete
  7. You nailed this looks. Love the colors and how you pull off a maxi skirt with a cardi so well.
    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coral-red is an amazing colour on you! I run cold pretty much all the time so cardigans are a staple in my everyday wear - got to rock those layers or I'll be freezing! You are seriously tempting me with that amazing mini mac - I've been thinking about getting one for a few years now but never pulled the trigger. I think I may pick one up when I'm in New York for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I highly recommend the mini MAC bag! I do have a fondness for RM bags though haha!

      Delete

  9. Happy first mother's day! Love that mini-bag!

    Alena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so sweet, thank you for the shout out! I'm so glad you broke out your cardigans. I just find them the softest and most comfortable. You chose such great colors for these outfits too. That red one is just such a gorgeous color! Matches perfectly with your top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for the inspiration! I need to wear the things I own and not just have them take up space all the time!

      Delete
  11. What cute outfits !!! I really like the stripped purse - it goes so well with both outfits. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the purse! Can be casual or dressy!

    www.tusksandtails.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course I'm the biggest fan of coloured cardigans! I prefer you in the cool colours though, your blue dress is lovely and I like how you've styled it with the belt, cardi and boots. It seems strange to hear you say 'Autumn'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yep, different seasons in the southern hemisphere! :)

      Delete
  14. Mica I never knew (or probably should have paid attention to your arm stack lol) you own this gorgeous red Hermes bracelet! I'm drooling your arm candy in this first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I've had it a few years - I haven't been wearing it often as leather easily accessible on my wrists isn't the best with a drooly baby ;)

      Delete
  15. I love cardigans! They're the best, haha. Although I have a bunch that I never wear because I always wear the same few...oopsie!
    http://closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds familiar to me... Haha!
      Your mum has a great sense of style, Mica! I just love how you've played with different prints here! I have a very similar grey skirt! It looks amazing on you!

      xxx Ira
      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
    2. hehe glad I'm not alone with having a collection of cardigans I rarely wear! :)

      Delete
  16. That purse is so pretty! Love that it's so unique :)

    -Jan
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely adorable. Love your striped bag.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've always adored that striped RM bag! so unique! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how the belt looks under the cardigan! Both looks are so nice.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl, you wear the cardi so well!!! You def have to find the right one with certain outfits..which u did! Adorable! Thanks for linking up! XO ~ Casey @ A Little Bit of Cheer
    www.alittlebitofcheer.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute look dear...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore both outfits. They're both cute and colorful!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha...I haven't worn my cardigans in ages. There was a time, though, when I wouldn't where anything but T-Shirts and cardigans. I must say, the combo was rather convenient during spring and autumn...

    Anyways, I love the first look. You really are the queen of colour-coordination :)

    Jasmin xx
    http://www.whatdefinesus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all go through phases like that - if it's comfortable, why not? :)

      Delete
  24. Love your outfit :) You are so chic!! Gorgeous bag<3

    http://www.mlleepaulette.com/index.php?r=site/blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel the same way about cardigans. I don't wear them much either. I did get really into duster/open type longer ones this season and kimonos, but I haven't worn many traditional types in a while. I like how you styled yours. Your purse adds a fun pattern mixing! I think it looks good with both outfits, but I especially like it with the first.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just felt so bad having so many and wearing them so rarely!

      Delete
  26. I like cardigans as a layering piece but I don't wear them as much as I like them on others. I tend to go with a structured jacket for myself, still I have a few longer cardigans that I am getting wear of right now, especially at the office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing - I don't wear them as much as my other jackets, but I'm trying to make more of an effort to wear them now, as I have so many!

      Delete
  27. This is such a lovely look!!! Very pretty! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the color combination, so fresh for summer.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love cardigans and wear them often. I find they are easy to wear during Autumn and Winter in Brisbane because of the mild cooler weather. I love your red and grey outfit at the top (actually I think both outfits are very stylish).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are great for Brisbane days! :)

      Delete
  30. That red and grey looks so pretty together! I love a print with a solid. You work and your a mom Mica. So being only slightly behind is understandable doll.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! You are always so supportive!

      Delete
  31. Love the top on you and with the red cardigan, red is a great color on you. I think i just reiterate each week how much I like your bag collection! I have some cardis, they are great to have during the spring.

    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardis are great for the milder spring/autumn weather :)

      Delete
  32. Cardigans FTW!! Love the way you matched both to your dresses - I really need to invest in more cardigan colors!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go for boring neutrals with jackets, but cardigans I get a lot more colourful! :)

      Delete
  33. Love the crochet lace design of the tank top in the first image, it's such a pretty piece! Cute printed dress with the tassel details in the second look too!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great layering on this one. I love that very cute bag.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your red stripes sling bag.
    Perfect for your two outfits
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yay cardigans! Seriously I'm convinced you can never have enough. Whenever I see a nice, solid color I always snag it up. My favorite brands are J.Crew and Charter Club, they never disappoint! I love this red cardigan over your printed top. Red is a color I enjoy wearing during fall and winter. Though the warmer months make it a little harder to wear. I only own a handful of red pieces, but the color is just so lovely! Plus your little RM works perfectly!

    Getting the most wear out of my dresses is always the best. I love something with the medium fabric. Not to light, not to heavy. It really makes layering or wearing alone the best. I've been binge buying all things navy lately. In fact, I've purchased two navy dresses this past month. I can't wait to use them in the style challenge! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing how you wear your navy dresses too! It's going to be fun doing a style challenge together!

      I'm not quite rushing out to buy more cardis yet...but I am thinking of ways to wear the ones I already own! :)

      Delete
  37. I love love love the mini Mac! I have a leopard one and it's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...