Wednesday 15 July 2015

Corporate Style: Winter Printed Dresses For a Business Casual Office

First up, had to share this sale with you! Shopbop are having an extra 25% off the designer boutique sale items with the code '25EXTRA'. It's sales like these that make #noBuyJuly15 so difficult to stick to! I love the extra discounts on Shopbop on top of their already good sale prices.



If you're not on a shopping ban, check out the sale! I will be skipping this sale, I'm at the halfway point with #noBuyJuly15. I've been so good for the first half of the month, just need to continue that for the rest of the month! If you're doing the no shopping challenge with us too, ignore the sale info above (sorry!) and make sure to check out the survival plan on Beth's blog for some great tips about making it through the month without buying anything!


Just like the previous post, more dresses for the office! I thought after the June Dress Week style challenge I did I'd be over dresses, but I am enjoying the simplicity of them for work. Just throw on and go, no need to try coordinating pieces. I even kept the same coat and bag. The two dresses below are new ones from my June purchases.


What I wore:

Silk print shift dress winter office wear ankle boots purple cardi navy tote

Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy worn with printed shift dress
Jacket: Temt black trench coat 
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace
CardiganJeanswest Peggie kimono in purple mulberry marle
DressJeanswest Sadie silk printed shift dress (new purchase)
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

This dress was a complete bargain for a silk dress! It was on sale at Jeanswest, and then reduced to an extra 50% off on top. A $130 dress reduced to $30, just had to get it. I know that silk (and any hand-wash only item) is not the most practical fabric to have around baby, so I'll be keeping this dress as work-only for a while.

This was great for the office, lunch with the girls and then dinner after work with friends. I was a little paranoid about baby's sticky hands on my dress at dinner though, may have been wiser to have worn this on a different day. I just kept wrapping my cardi around to cover as much of the dress as possible!

This is actually the third time I've worn these ankle boots. The second time I posted them, I forgot to do my usual purchase review!
I bought these in June to replace my heeled black ankle boots, wanting a pair that feel better suited to life with baby. I really like these. They go with everything, from jeans to maxi dresses.
They are leather, only have the tiniest of heels (about a centimetre), they are the perfect ankle boot height for me and even better, they were on sale at The Iconic so were a bargain. They will be getting a lot of wear over the rest of winter, and in Spring too!


Last worn: black trench, purple cardi, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote. First time I've worn this dress as it is a new purchase.

Other ways to wearpencil skirt and black trench, purple cardi with denim, ankle boots with a maxi dress, print mixing with Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote.







More printed dresses:



What I wore:

Away From Blue | Geometric printed wrap dress bright scarf black flats trench office style

Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy
Jacket: Temt black trench coat 
Scarf: Cotton On turquoise pashmina
Dress: Target Danni Minogue Petites printed wrap dress
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff medium MAB tote in moon navy

Why I wore it:

This dress is almost completely hidden by the trench coat and scarf, but it was a cold day! This is the first faux-wrap dress I've ever owned. Usually I hate them, they have the look of a wrap dress but none of the flexibility to adjust them to sit just right. I've never had one look good on me before. This is from the Dannii Minogue petites range at Target (maybe an Aussie only range) and it fits perfectly! I'd seen it a few times in passing but been put off by the price, so when it was on sale I took the chance to try it on. I discovered it was a faux wrap dress in the change room but decided to try it anyway, and fell in love. It just sits perfectly! I'm pleased I tried it on, and although I haven't bought any more from the range (as my size was almost always sold out) I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye any sales on the line in future.

As it's the second time I've worn these shoes, my purchase review:
I like these! I think I'll keep an eye out for this brand going on sale again too! Marc by Marc Jacobs is my usual go-to for ballet flats, but with the Aussie dollar not doing so great even at sale time they are pushing my 'limit' for shoes, so it's nice to find another brand I like. The flats are comfortable, practical and easy to wear. The sole is thicker than a usual ballet flat so it's nicely padded, and the elasticated backs don't rub at all (which I was a little concerned about). Not sad to see my old black flats go, and really happy with these replacements.


Last worn: black trench (above), turquoise pashmina, Walnut black flats, Rebecca Minkoff navy MAB tote (above). First time I've worn the dress as it is a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearblack trench with black, white and tanturquoise pashmina with a different printed dress, black flats with skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff navy MAB tote with pencil skirts.







Linking up with Pleated Poppy, Style Me Weekly, What I Wore, The Wednesday Pants, Trendy Wednesday, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Fun Fashion Friday, Feature Friday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

41 comments:

  1. I'm 100% with you on the dresses for work thing. Definitely easier than trying to co-ordinate. I particularly like the first one, and glad you managed to work around a tricky fabric! Also the bag is beautiful, and looks like a handy size too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a great option for the office! :)

      Delete
  2. I forgot that sale! I woke up to that email this morning and forgot all about it. I have to check it out now hahahaha. So much for my no buy july promise too!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no, you can avoid the sale! Be strong! I was tempted by it for a bit too but managed to resist. The exchange rate isn't the best which certainly helps avoid purchasing!

      Delete
  3. That silk dress is definitely a good purchase, you are so lucky to get it with such a huge discount:) besides, I like the color of it!
    Both of those outfits are charming, good for office or a date with friends:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madly in love with your ankle boots, Mica! So comfy... and for real a great sale find!! Leather shoes are the best ones! ;) Great ones to invest in! I didn't know that Danii Minoque have had a line for Targe - interesting! Love the idea to style both dresses with darker items! Versatile and chic looks, Mica! Good luck with the #nobuyJuly15 challenge..I'm a fan!! ;-D

      xoxo Ira
      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
    2. I'm glad she has the target range, I just wish there had been more in my size! I'll need to keep checking it out every time I'm in Target! :)

      Thank you for the luck with the #noBuyJuly15 - I certainly need it!

      Delete
  4. You were sooo right not to pass up that lovely silk number! What a steal! My inner bargain hunter is so proud. (; You totally remind me that I need to start thinking about a new pair of ankle boots for the fall. Mine were falling apart at the end of last season.

    I'm a Target nut over here in the states. I don't know how there compare in AU, but I'm always dropping a ton of money and stocking up on essentials. I've been all about their layering pieces lately. Which is crazy since it's July and cold right now. But how could I not buy when it's on sale? -Speaking of, I'd epically fail at no buy July. lol Mad props to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I have no idea how I've managed to get through so much of the month without shopping! it's a hard challenge for sure!
      I'm the same with Target here, there's always something I want to buy, best to avoid it for a while haha.
      good luck boot shopping! I only buy new boots every few years, it's a pain to find the perfect ones sometimes!

      Delete
  5. I love dresses for work too--they're so easy to throw on and go. I love both of these, the prints are so pretty and perfect for layering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a classic and perfect bag! I don't have a navy bag but I think I need one! That silk dress is so pretty too - I love the print!
    xoxo Danielle
    For the Love of Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your NO BUY Mica! You're doing great! I LOVE BOTH of those dresses. The prints are so beautiful. Very classy and pulled together!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Made it halfway through the challenge, on the home stretch now!

      Delete
  8. Love this look! Haha, I have the mini MAB tote and I love it!!! The navy color of yours is fabulous!

    -Adriele
    www.StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love printed dresses. I just love the way you layer things I suck at it but you look so great! Hope things are well x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am currently trying to focus just on what's in the closet… I have even unsubscribed from several sites so i dont know when they're on sale…
    Oh and I know, I would have bought that pretty silk dress too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think unsubscribing is the way to go sometimes! It's easier to be tempted when you're bombarded with sales all the time!

      Delete
  11. I love the pattern of both dresses. I am attracted by paisley, I just never made the jump to actually get something for myself with that pattern. Ankle boots are indeed versatile, I want to get myself another pair come winter.

    And I'm glad I don't do #nobuyjuly haha, I could shop that sale! (nenenene) - Watch me crying silent tears in September instead ;-) Just kidding, I just remind myself that there will always be something I'd want to buy at the next sale.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're right, there is always another sale!

      You've been getting some great sale finds from shopbop lately so you're sure to have picked something up in this sale too! :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the link Mica! We are doing so well with all this temptation around us. I can't even bring myself to click through to that Shopbop link yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, happy to share the love!

      I did have a sneaky peek at the shopbop sale - the bad exchange rate was enough to convince me I didn't need anything, ha!

      Delete
  13. Oooh, that silk dress in the first outfit is so stunning! What a chic find. Nice styling once again Mica :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Tights, a dress, and booties is totally a winter uniform at work for me. Or a skirt, blouse, and tights.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. I super love your bagggg! <333 Cute outfit too :)

    Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blue looks sooo great on you, such a lovely dress!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: The Little Mermaid at Chicago Shakes Theater on Navy Pier

    ReplyDelete
  17. Again, that is such a versatile bag. :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your purse you highlighted in those post! Also, how cute is that print on your dress?!?! Love it!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great buy that silk dress was! It looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so in love with your bag

    www.carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Dubai, Monaco, USA...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on being 1/2 way with the no shopping. I tried in June and failed which make me realize I need to just reign in my shopping rather then trying to ban shopping. I do love wearing dresses for the reason you stated - both great prints!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried just to control my shopping a little but last month I went so overboard...a break from shopping was definitely needed! :)

      Delete
  22. Love your shift dress and black trench coat. Very stylish look, with the scarf adding a pop of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mica, I love that dress. You look lovely in dresses. Thanks so much for linking up with me. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  24. haha thanks, enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha I'm the same dawn! I smile when I see you with your lovely white one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you all for your kind comments, and support for #noBuyJuly15!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like that you have a casual but chic style. Everything pairs well & it never looks like you're trying hard. I adore the first outfit. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...