Wednesday 14 October 2015

Shopbop Sale! Rebecca Minkoff Bags, Maxi Skirts and Printed Tops: Spring SAHM Style

First up, the big news! Shopbop Friends and Family Sale is on right now!


You can get full details of the inclusions and exclusions here before you shop so there aren't any surprises at checkout. I was considering participating in Buy Nothing New month this month, as I have done in previous years, but I can't pass up this sale!

My Shopbop sale shopping tips:




Now what I've been wearing, featuring the final two outfits I'll share from September, before I finally get around to posting my Frocktober dress outfits! 31 days in October, so I'm wearing 31 different dresses to raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research foundation.

Before I started picking out dresses to wear, I wanted to give my maxi skirts a little bit of love. It will be strange not wearing them for a whole month! Both outfits feature printed tops with the maxi skirts, one I love and want to wear more of, and another I'm going to get rid of.

What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | printed tank denim jacket asos colourblock maxi skirt spring style

Away From The Blue | Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace:  House of Harlow sunburst necklace in silver and grey
TankJeanswest 'Rowena' print tank
SkirtAsos colour block maxi skirt in red
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs suede flats in red
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

I'd made my mind up to wear this maxi skirt and the printed tank together, but wasn't sure what jacket to wear with it....was pleased it was warm enough to give my denim jacket the first wearing of the season!

The maxi skirt with the stretchy elastic waist was a great choice as we went out shopping with my sister and made sure to mark national pancake day by indulging in some pancakes! Mine were delicious. We were all so full afterwards!


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, denim jacket, printed tank, colour block maxi skirt, red suede flats, Rebecca Minkoff metallic mini MAC.

Other ways to weardenim jacket and a maxi dress, printed tank in the office, colour block maxi skirt in the rain, red flats and a leopard print dress, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC for a house party.


I've been wearing my Rebecca Minkoff bags a lot lately! While I do still have a large collection of bags, the compact size of the Rebecca Minkoffs keeps me reaching for them over and over.

Shop more Rebecca Minkoff bags:



Shopbop has a great range of Rebecca Minkoff bags! The majority of my Rebecca Minkoff bags come from Shopbop, as with the free shipping it often works out cheaper than buying direct from Rebecca Minkoff.com if I'm buying just one bag.



What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Chevron print tribal tee grey marle maxi skirt black maxi cardi Converse

AwayfromBlue | Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey with gray marle maxi skirt
Jacket: Cotton On black knit wrap cardigan
NecklaceRoie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
Top: Jeanswest 'Tania' tribal zig zag tee
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey (Get 25% off at shopbop with code 'INTHEFAM25'!)

Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, I didn't really like this outfit much! This top has been at the very back of my wardrobe for such a long time. I recently brought it to the front so I'd be inclined to wear it more often, and it's just sat there unworn. I did think about wearing it to work, but always passed it over for something else. When I was looking for something to wear with this maxi skirt, I decided I best wear this top instead of staring at it all the time!

It's definitely the last wear for this top though. It's lovely, I like the print, but it never seems to sit right and I don't wear it enough. I don't enjoy wearing it, so it's leaving my wardrobe. It's been worn 6 times since I bought it in 2012, which isn't bad, but could be better. The decision to let it go was confirmed when I bumped into a friend grocery shopping and as we chatted, I stood there wishing I'd worn anything else!

This cardi won't be seen for a while but I'm definitely keeping it - it's just getting a bit warm to wear now spring has arrived in Brisbane, so I'm packing it away temporarily.

Inspired by Lorena over at My Every Day Wear, if you like this top and think you'd give it more wear, flick me an email, it will only cost you however much shipping is to where you are :) My usual method is to take things out of my wardrobe and stick them in a big bag. It sits there waiting for me to get the energy to go through it for ebay, or for me to be passing by the animal shelter where we adopted Cooper so I can drop the bag off in their op-shop.


Last worn: black wrap around cardigan, chevron print top, grey maxi skirt, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wearblack cardigan and a plaid shirt, sightseeing in chevron print top and jeans, maxi skirt and a graphic tee, Converse and a shift dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag with denim.



Don't forget to check out the Shopbop Friends and Family Sale!



Linking up with Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore, Fresh Fashion Forum, Oh Hey Girl, Style Me Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Files, Weekend Linkup, Fun Fashion Friday, Fab Favourites, Flashback Fashion, Friday Favourites.




This post was created in partnership with Shopbop. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

82 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing the sale tip! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I still don't own a Rebecca Minkoff bag when they're everywhere! Love how you styled both bags both with maxi skirts! You look so cute in both outfits!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great bags, I recommend them! :)

      Delete
  3. YASS to the sale tip! Maybe I'll have a squizz for my birthday . . . !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, no better time to splurge than on your birthday! :)

      Delete
  4. i love that cropped denim jacket with your maxi skirt. if it doesn't work mica, definitely let it go. it's served it's purpose. on to something else :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca Minkoffs bags are also always on Sale at Saks or Nordstrom :) Love yours!
    xoxo Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mica, I have been reading your blog for a while and love it. Enjoyed today's post, thanks for the heads up on the sale. Also love the first look, aren't denim jackets great?
    Talia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chevron top is so pretty. I think I'm going to wear my chevron dress tomorrow actually- this post reminded me. The colour block skirt is one of my favourites on you as the colours are very lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mica, let me say how wonderful it is that you support the foundation, you're doing a great job! Your colorful skirt was just perfect for a shopping date with your sister and pancakes afterwards. Yummy! ;) Love how all the colors of your second one blend together - such a match and that etno printed top is a beautiful eye catching piece.
    Thanks a lot for the birthday wish, Mica! Appreciate it!!

    xoxo Ira
    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ira! I'm looking forward to hitting my fundraising goals for them!

      Delete
  9. I love the bags, I find they can really finish a look. These skirts are very chic I love maxi skirts :) Plus the printed tops go so well :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you look stunning
    I love this skirt and the top

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll definitely check out the sale! Also, that first skirt is absolutely beautiful.

    N- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a fabulous collection of bags!! I was just showing it to my mom :)
    xx
    June Wants It All - Indian fashion and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both wonderful looks I love maxi anything plus I find it can go with a lot of clothing :) The bags are so nice and what a great sale :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your outfit! maxi dresses and jean jackets go so good together
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with your style, you always look so great! your Rebecca bags are amazing! :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ordered a RM bag! Actually two and plan to return one, but I needed to see them in person. Such a great sale! You are so great at styling maxis.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you post about what you got, I'm so curious to see! I nearly ordered 2, but the second one I'd been eyeing sold out before I could check out. Happy with the 1 I got though, looking forward to its arrival!

      Delete
  17. Loving all of your bags - now is the perfect time to invest in some nice pieces!

    Morgan
    www.eenymeenyminymorgan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your Rebecca Minkoff bag!

    Brittany,
    www.lawyerlookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, I just finished my "no shopping" September, so I got myself a needed (at least I'm claiming that) addition to my wardrobe from this sale. No frivolities ;-)

    Love the cardigan in the second outfit, but I can understand why you'd want to get rid of the top if you never wear it. The periods where I buy nothing new make me realize even more how much I'm actually not wearing from my wardrobe, so they usually end with a couple items leaving.

    Have a great week!

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm trying to be much stricter when I do find things that I don't wear a lot and admit they don't work so I can get rid of them. :) Looking forward to seeing what you got from the sale! I did #noSpenderSeptember too so I splurged a little!

      Delete
  20. Nice find, thank you for sharing! I really love the first outfit, that maxi skirt looks lovely on you. <3 And btw, I love how the cute little dog is almost always in your photos =) Can we have more puppy pics, please? =D <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! Often I'm trying to keep my toddler out of the frame so it's a bit tricky to ensure the dog is in the right place, haha!

      Delete
  21. That last top is so pretty but I can totally understand why the fit would turn you off from it. Might as well get rid of items that you don't totally love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Would rather have a wardrobe full of things I love!

      Delete
  22. It's amazes me how you always manage to make prints work together. I was actually getting ready yesterday and I had a pretty monochrome looking outfit on to play up my rockstuds. I threw a printed cardy on and thought to myself, "would Mica wear this?" I chickened out and didn't end up wearing it. I'm not sure if I can pull off your flawless ability to match everything in your closet. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aww thank you! I have plenty of outfit fails though! I figure they are just clothes, no harm in giving something a try once :) If it works, awesome. if it doesn't, well it's just one day :)

      Delete
  23. That's very nice of you to help this foundation. You look so pretty, as always.

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love my maxi skirts! I am constantly wearing them. I love the way you styled yours! That first maxi skirt is so cute!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think your first maxi skirt is my favourite, I love the three colours and it kind of reminds me of an ice lolly? Aha. Paired with that top makes for the perfect look too :)

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like the pattern mixing in your first outfit! And your tips on shopping the Shopbop sale are great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Minkoff bags are the best. They really hold up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I need to hop over there right now. Thx for sharing. Love both looks, the first maxi skirt is stunning, Mica.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you grabbed something nice in the sale! :)

      Delete
  29. Love the maxi!! Fantastic print!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like your style and the pieces you pick! Also the bags are so beautiful, they are small and I am sure a lot can fit in it :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute picks and tips!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love both of your necklaces! They're really unique. Great maxi skirts too.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Mica!

    It still takes me a moment to realize, "Oh, it is getting warmer there :)". I am totally in love with the quilted Rebecca Minkoff bag and it is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sale is a great time to splurge on the bag ;) haha!

      Delete
  34. Love the shopbop sale. great picks!

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  35. A maxi and denim jacket... you're totally speaking my language! {I would wear it everyday if I could!} Love your large stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm always so comfortable in a maxi skirt! :)

      Delete
  36. Maxi skirts are so easy to wear! I love your color block maxi and that metallic bag!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the colors of the first maxi skirt. So fun!

    I have several items in my closet that are pretty but don't really work for me. I'll have to work on giving them away, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to let lots of things go, but better to have a wardrobe full of things we like and wear often! :)

      Delete
  38. really nice skirt!

    www.eager4fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loving the first maxi skirt!
    Love the colors.

    x Krizia

    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  40. The Shopbop sale always gets me into the best kind of trouble. ;)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your hair looks adorable. This post has made me want a denim jacket!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. That is so great you support this foundation, Mica. Love that colorblocked maxi skirt every time you wear it. Those maxi skirt will go so well for you while pregnant.

    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I loved how well they worked when I was pregnant - best pregnancy purchase!

      Delete
  43. I love your silver Rebecca Minkoff bag! It must go with almost everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, it goes with so much! I've been wearing it a lot lately!

      Delete
  44. Hooray for F&F sale time! I was contemplating a pair of Joie heels but I held back because of sizing. The discount made it VERY enticing but then I thought if I need to return them (and something in my gut was saying it would be so) it would cost too much and I'd be stuck with them. I'm still conflicted over them since my size is the last available AND it's still available lol. Oh well. First world problems right?!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last pair in your size is usually a sign! haha! But yeah the $65 return fee from Australia is a bit steep, especially for something like shoes where I really prefer to try them on first, unless I know the brand.

      Delete
  45. I absolutely love that asos skirt. Is it a jersey material? That's even better cause then it would be cute and comfy! I had no idea that the shopbop sale had a whole area that featured gifts-- gotta go check that out now :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Comfy stretchy jersey, the best! :)

      Hope you had fun shopping the gift selection! They have some great things, I got a few for friends!

      Delete
  46. Your first skirt is such a beautiful color! I love the other look as well! Maxi skirts are my favorite skirt to wear besides denim.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I quite like the top that you're not so keen on. But if you don't wear it, don't keep it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice top, but you're right if it doesn't get worn no sense in keeping it!

      Delete
  48. Great looks!
    Thanks for linking up!
    oXoX
    Dawn Lucy
    Fashionshouldbfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the silver RM bag! I've almost bought one so many times - they do look like the perfect size!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the colour of that RM bag against the red tones of your skirt. It's very fall (even though I know you're going into spring right now)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you all for your kind comments - hope you got some nice things in the sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I do like a bit of denim and red, so the top outfit is a winner for me. Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the fun chevron top in your second outfit!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love your looks! That color block maxi skirt is gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for linking up with Friday Favorites! Hope you had a fab weekend!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  55. The first look is absolutely stylish! Love the combination of the maxi skirt and this printed top - they look so unusual and cute together!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...