Wednesday 11 November 2015

Frocktober: Jeanswest Black Maxi Dresses, Purple Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote Bag

Getting closer to the end of October, I started to wear all the maxi dresses I'd been 'saving' for later in the Frocktober challenge. I ended up wearing my two black maxi dresses back to back.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Second Trimester Spring outfit denim jacket black maxi dress

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum spring black maxi dress outfit
Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
DressJeanswest 'Sierra' embellished black maxi dress (on sale!)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | Shop more Rebecca Minkoff bags

Why I wore it:

I really like this maxi dress for the little embellishment along the neckline and the side split, it makes it just a little different from a plain black maxi dress. I used to have a plain black maxi dress, but I got rid of that one in my wardrobe when I bought this one.

This was a nice outfit for song time at the local library with toddler T and then dinner with the in-laws after Church Online. I picked the denim jacket as I needed another layer to keep me warm in the air conditioning, and it also met the #myStyleOctober prompt of 'old faithful', as I bought this jacket such a long time ago, when I was a uni student! I'd wanted to participate in more prompts for #myStyleOctober as well as doing my own #31Days31DifferentDresses challenge, but with a limited wardrobe of dresses and trying to make sure I had enough to wear that would accommodate the baby bump, it wasn't always possible.


Last worn: denim jacket, embellished maxi dress, metallic mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote.

Other ways to weardenim jacket with a maxi skirt, embellished maxi dress with short hair in autumn, metallic mouse flats and flares, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote and a colourful maxi dress.


Shop more black maxi dresses at Shopbop (starting from $26.40!):

Away From Blue Blog | Shopbop Maxi Dress Selection Under $200


1 & 2: Bop Basics maxi dresses | 3 & 4: Three Dots maxi dresses | 5: Lovers + Friends maxi dress
(All above are under $200!)



What I wore:

Away From Blue | Black halterneck maxi dress casual playgroup outfit second trimester

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag cross body in plum black dress printed cardi
CardiJeanswest brown marle waterfall cardigan
Necklace: thrifted pearl and heart long necklace
Dress: thrifted black Jeanswest halterneck maxi dress
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
Bracelets: the usual plus Nicole by Nicole Miller bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | Shop more Rebecca Minkoff bags

Why I wore it:

Despite wanting to reduce the number of dresses I own during this challenge, like the majority of the other dresses I've worn, I really liked wearing this and so it's staying in my wardrobe. Was perfect for a morning at playgroup with the toddler, although I did end up taking the cardi off when the sun came out for the day.

Unlike the maxi dress I wore the day before (above) this is a very plain black maxi dress. As I thought last time I wore it, I didn't get to wear it twice in a month after buying it, which indicates it wasn't a needed addition to my wardrobe. It was part of a $2 bag in the fill a bag for $2 sale at the local op-shop though so I've held onto it. As it's only it's second wear now and I bought it in May.... my purchase review:

I know I don't need this dress, I already have a black maxi dress I love (above) and this one I just like, so I should let it leave my wardrobe. But the bargain price and the fact that it's a classic black maxi dress are making me want to keep it. It's staying in my wardrobe. Even if it's not going to be a forever piece, it's definitely going to fill a need during my pregnancy! Not the smartest or most necessary purchase, but one I'm happy to have.


A quick video review of my Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote too, as I forgot to do it on it's second wear:



Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, brown marle cardiganblack maxi dress, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (above).

Other ways to wear: cardigan and skinny jeans in autumnblack maxi dress layered up for winter, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote and a printed maxi dress.


Linking up with Pleated Poppy, Fresh Fashion Forum, Style Me Wednesday, Oh Hey Girl, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Shoe and Tell, Let It Shine, Hello Monday, Modest Monday.



This post was created in partnership with Shopbop. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

75 comments:

  1. Ahhh geez that little purple bag again. Gosh I am so smitten with it. I told myself a stern no but every time I see it, I can't help but grow love hearts in my eyes like the emoji.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if you're anything like me, it will get you in the end ;) I'm so pleased I bought it!

      Delete
  2. wear black dresses is every time a good choice! And you look great, i see you are pregnant - all the best for you! <3

    the dog is also cute. :-)

    Josephin | Tensia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely outfit, love your long black dress! I think I need to look for one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embellishment on the first one. Gives it a boho vibe, but keeps it chic at the same time.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this black dress on you! You look beautiful and radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love black dresses, it is so fun to dress them up. You look great in both I really love the added denim! :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh black looks great on you
    I love this LBD selection as well

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  8. These black dresses are stunning! You look so pretty!

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little black dress is so simple yet so chic. You look wonderful as always, Mica =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially love that first maxi dress. I like it when they have a slit to break up the material. Your bag is too fun! I've always liked that one.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a nice feature! none of my other dresses have it so it makes it a little different :)

      Delete
  11. Love both those dresses! Even though they're both black they both give off a different vibe! :D And I love the little bag, too cute
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do both look different, that's why it's so easy to justify keeping them both....ha!

      Delete
  12. Super cute, love that bag!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A black dress with a blue denim dress is always stylish and classic. Love your maxi and that is a stunning purple Rebecca Minkoff bag. =))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think another black long dress can do no harm :) I like both looks, the jean jacket is a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I don't add another one I'm doing okay....ha!

      Delete
  15. I love a comfortable maxi, it's simple and easy to dress up if needed. I also love the bag you paired with it, such a pretty color!

    Penn&Quill || Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so jealous that you have two black maxi dresses and I don't have any! I really need to get one! You look great!

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear maxi dresses a lot so I'm glad I have mine :)

      Delete
  17. I absolutely adore that first black maxi! The embellished details are SO pretty! The slit is a pretty detail too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one is definitely my favourite too :)

      Delete
  18. 2 great black maxi dresses! I love the beading in the first and the simplicity of the second. You look great, Mica!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Purple Poncho Sweater (Feat. Alena!!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing post dear! I invite you to join a Giveaway on my blog:

    theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2015/11/phone-case-giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the way you dressed up the black maxi! and such a beautiful Minkoff!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  21. You can't go wrong with a cute black maxi dress! I especially love the first one that has the little embellishments at the neckline. And what a gorgeous bag too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the embellishment that sold me on it too, such a nice detail!

      Delete
  22. Your outfit looks amazing on you. I love your dress and handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both maxis are lovely, especially the first one with the embellishment.
    And I love the bag. I've been looking for ages for a purple one but I've not found the right one yet.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it really wearable! I'd been missing my old purple bag so this is a great replacement!

      Delete
  24. You look great in both dresses! And that bag is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I’m still in awe of your persistence to frocktober! I’m also amazed at how many bags & dresses you own. I guess it was a great way for you to decide what you really love & want to keep & what you can donate though! You’re very inspiring!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes I have far too many dresses! And the challenge showed me I really like them all too so it's hard to decide what ones I should get rid of!

      Delete
  26. I love how you styled this a few different ways! And that pop of color in the purple is amazing. All of it is so simple, but so elegant and classic. XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. The split on the first maxi is such a cheeky detail I love :) And the dainty necklace you paired with the second one completes the look! Love the purple bag you wore with both

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the first one too, and it's because of the little details, the embellishments and that front slit, that make it special. The second one...it's a black dress, but it's plain. It doesn't have that specialness. For me, pieces have to be special - ones that aren't I'll either move to my "at home" wardrobe or I move them along out of my closet.

    Don't get me wrong - you look beautiful in both! But do you really need two black maxis? ;-) Now, the jean jacket, that's a classic! Never get rid of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a great way to think of them Sheila! I should keep special pieces. I'll probably get rid of the second one after my pregnancy, but it's just too perfect for it right now, haha!

      Delete
  29. Black maxi dresses are so much fun to dress up and put together... I especially love your denim jacket look.

    Stay fab,
    Lisa Favre
    fabuloushabits.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That first black dress looks absolutely stunning, so classy! I think it works beautiful with the jacket, too :) <3 Wonderfully put together, dear x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the embellished neckline on the first dress! It's such a pretty touch! That purple bag is fab!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  32. This dress looks so chic and comfy.

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE those gold shoes in your first look. Something about the way it makes the hardware on your bag "pop" is just so pretty!

    It's always hard to justify to yourself when you own a multitude of similar clothing. BUT, I do agree with the needed void during your pregnancy. This dress could possibly take you all the way through, so I agree, for now it should stay. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I can see it working in the third trimester and early newborn days, so it's staying for the moment, although I don't think I'll keep it long afterward, I already have the first great black maxi! :)

      Delete
  34. Love the maxi dress on you! So gorgeous!

    Mary
    www.marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. A black dress is such a great basic to have. Love how you styled it! And of course, love that little pup too!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like both maxi dresses; the first one especially has such a pretty cut. I always say your bags rock and the purple one does too. So very cute. Chatting with you and seeing your dresses I wish I could wear more maxi's during fall here. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm lucky we don't have snow so I can wear them year round with enough layers! :)

      Delete
  37. If you're to wear them both then there's no shame in having them both in your wardrobe!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, I just need to make sure I actually do wear them, ha!

      Delete
  38. Maxis are so easy to style in any weather. Closet staple indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I can't get over this bag. Every time you feature it, I love it more and more! And hey, there's nothing wrong with 2 black maxi dresses--you rock them both!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a cute little bag! Love the boxy structure of it


    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love how you styled both dresses Mica! Both the denim jacket and cardi look great with your maxi dresses. Love your purple bag!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. aahh another brightly coloured bag!! i love it! :D

    Have a great day!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  43. adorable dress! very nice item for any closet!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Adore Rebecca Minkoff and love your cute little bump! :)

    Tatyana x
    Secret little Stars
    www.secretlittlestars.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. what a cute dress!! seems very comfy.

    Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both of these dresses look good on you! My favourite is the first one, it looks so elegant and I love the embellishment! xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Both stunning looks! These dresses are gorgeous!

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  48. Loving the maxi!! Always carrying the perfect bag!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. You look stunning in black, it suits you so well. Also that Minkoff bag, especially in that color!!! It's gorgeous. And you did a review on it, about to watch that now!

    Z · HELLOZAUNI.COM

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love my black maxi dress! So cute!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. I was given a similar maxi dress and I wear it all the time!!!
    fantastic outfits.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  52. i've had my eye on a Rebecca Minkoff tote as well. This color is fab on you! And let me tell you, I love this maxi dress!!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it, it's a great little bag! :)

      Delete
  53. I love the first maxi dress from the pretty neckline to the side slit!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I have a hi-lo black maxi like the one in 2 from French Connection . . . that I paid $6 at the Salvos for, so even better!! Must remember to get it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you should get it out soon! :) Op-shopping can find the best gems, what a steal! :)

      Delete
  55. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love the plum color of that bag!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...