Thursday 5 November 2015

Frocktober: Printed Dresses, Sun Hats, Rebecca Minkoff MAM Bag. Weekend Wear

Two more Frocktober dress outfits. Some colourful printed dresses for the weekend, where we spent time out in the sun so my trusty sun hat was needed. I balanced out the bright prints with a neutral bag.

I spent October wearing a different dress every day to raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. While I shared a picture every day on instagram, I'm just a little behind with blogging what I wore. I'll temporarily be back to blogging 3 times a week to get through the backlog of daily dress photos.

What I wore:

Away From Blue Blog | Asos red leopard print dipped hem smock dress belted pregnancy

Away From Blue | Second Trimester Baby Bump Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey
Hat: Big W bow detail sunhat
DressAsos red leopard print dress with dipped hem
Belt: C/O Poppywinkle brown weave belt
ShoesIkwetta 'Circles of life' sandals (C/O)
Bracelets: the usual plus Hermes Kelly double tour bracelet in rubis
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey | Shop more Rebecca Minkoff bags

Why I wore it:

Had been planning to wear a maxi dress, but decided to wear this cute red leopard print dress instead. We are hosting a frock swap in the office to raise more funds for Frocktober, and I figured I could bring this dress to the swap. Wanted to give it one last wear before I did so. It's ordinarily a very flattering cut, but doesn't look the best with a baby bump. Belting it higher over the bump helped a little. I did enjoy wearing this out to a school fete, but I'll take it to the swap anyway and see if there is anything on the racks I prefer more.

I have a little red dress, I have a animal print dress, not really sure if I then need another that combines both of those things! I've gotten 9 wears out of it in the 3 years I've had it, so it's not as frequently worn as my other dresses. If there's one thing that Frocktober is showing me it's that I own many more dresses than necessary, I need to start getting rid of some! Swapping an old one for a new-to-me one is a good start.


Last worn: sunhat, red leopard print dress, braided belt, Ikwetta sandals, Rebecca Minkoff grey MAM.

Other ways to wearsun hat and denim shorts, red leopard print dress and a striped bag, braided belt with a shirt dress, Ikwetta sandals and a maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff grey MAM and a maxi skirt.



Although the Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Bag (MAB) has been continued, there are still some great Rebecca Minkoff bags available (including the 'sister' of the MAB, the MAB tote!).

Get these Rebecca Minkoff bags at Shopbop.





What I wore:

Away From Blue | Spring Heatwave Outfit Sunhat feather print maxi dress grey crossbody bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB MAM bag soft grey
Hat: Big W bow detail sunhat
NecklaceHouse of Harlow 5 station necklace in black and silver
Dress: JayJays feather print maxi dress
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs (on sale!)
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey | Shop more Rebecca Minkoff bags

Why I wore it:

This was the maxi dress I had planned to wear the day before (above) when I picked the red leopard print dress instead. Was perfect for a morning out at a family friendly festival. This dress is one of the ones that the stylist suggested should leave my wardrobe during my wardrobe detox session. I know that I do have plenty of maxi dresses, but I refuse to let this one go. I'm much too attached to it. It's one of the older pieces in my wardrobe - so old I can't remember when I bought it - so I'm going to end up wearing it until it falls to pieces I think! It's one of those pieces that always works and looks great: pre-pregnancy, during pregnancy, post-pregnancy and now in pregnancy again.

Same accessories as the day before. The sun hat protects my face and shoulders nicely from the sun on a day out and the grey bag goes with everything. I have no idea why Rebecca Minkoff discontinued this style, the MAM is a wonderful bag. There are still lots of cute Rebecca Minkoff bags (and I certainly own a few!), I just haven't found anything similar to the MAM.


Last worn: sun hat (above), feather print maxi dress, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff MAM (above).

Other ways to wearsun hat for sightseeing, feather print maxi dress on the beach, Havaianas and skinny jeans, Rebecca Minkoff MAM in the office.



Linking up with Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday, Flashback Fashion, Friday Favourites, Passion For Fashion, Fab Favourites.


This post was created in partnership with Shopbop. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

51 comments:

  1. These are both fantastic, but I adore that first dress - so so cute!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nine times is plenty of wear for the first dress - I admire that you're passing it along. I love the second dress, and am glad you stood up and refused to let it go! It looks great on you, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good run! It's definitely time for a change, and good it will go onto a new home.

      Delete
  3. Love your Frocktober choices :) It's nice to see the sun via your posts!

    STYLE

    XOXO
    http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/
    https://www.facebook.com/kellmenow?fref=ts
    https://instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you did an office "Frock swap." I love how aware of your wardrobe you are. You are constantly getting rid of things. It's refreshing! (; I really love the peacock feather print in the last dress. Plus it gives you a really nice shape even with the bump. I totally know how hard that can be. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes not everything is flattering on a baby bump! ;)

      It's good to try get rid of things, I know I need to pare down my wardrobe but it's hard parting with things...the frock swap was a good 'excuse' to let some dresses go :)

      Delete
  5. That hat looks adorable on you. I wish I felt like I could pull off hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you look great in hats! I was never much of a hat person, but sun safety is so important, I like to wear this when I know I'll be outside a long time or in the heat of the day.

      Delete
  6. You look so elegant in both outfits! That print on the blue maxi dress is TO DIE FOR! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dresses, both outfits are great :) I wish I had took pictures when I was pregnant now, such special times ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very special time, I'm lucky to have this daily photo taking habit so I have things to look back on! :)

      Delete
  8. ah you look so cute in dresses! darling looks!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The problem I often find with printed maxi dresses that suit me (sleeves or wide straps) is that the prints are too lairy or nanna-ish. Yours is pretty and colourful without being lairy. No wonder you don't want to give it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard to find a good print sometimes! I love the maxi dresses I have, especially this one! :)

      Delete
  10. You look so cute and stylish! I wouldn't have had enough dresses to go a month just wearing dresses, having a swap is such a good idea. I hadn't noticed your baby bump in previous pictures - will we get to hear more about that? (:

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha what do you want to know about the bump? :)

      Delete
  11. I love your dedication! No way could I blog an outfit for every day of an entire month! Mostly because I just wear pjs everyday haha.. Love the maxi dress. It looks great on you. The statement necklace really finishes the look off. But then again, you look good in every single dress you post!

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having to wear a dress every day is a good excuse to get out of the house and do something, since you're all dressed, ha! But it is a struggle. I've missed my PJ days! I like to have a couple days a month I can do that - it's needed with a toddler! The 1st November I was happily in PJs and home all day, bliss!

      Delete
  12. I actually think that first dress looks great with your bump! Rebecca Minkoff is totally a favorite of mine. I don't think there is a style I don't like. Your maxi looks great too. I am loving seeing all your collection.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca Minkoff has quickly moved up into one of my favourite designers now too! It's all the great sales, I can't resist!

      Delete
  13. That maxi dress is so gorgeous, I just love that print! And I like the red leopard dress too, but I don't blame you for wanting to find one you like more. You got some wear out of it, but maybe you'll swap it for one you'll want to wear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would have been great to swap it for something else! Sadly there was nothing I had to have, but some of my dresses went onto new homes which was lovely.

      Delete
  14. Love the first look with the leo print and floppy hat. Did you end up swapping it? So jealous of your weather haha :-) The print on the maxi dress is gorgeous.

    By the way, I couldn't participate in Frocktober, even if I wanted. I don't own 31 different dresses ;-)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wearing a different dress every day is just the way I'm doing Frocktober! You can wear as many or as few dresses as you like, whatever you think is a good fundraising challenge! :)

      I didn't swap the dress in the end but it did go onto a new home even though I didn't pick up anything new.

      Delete
  15. I certainly have clothes I got less wear out of, but i should probably take this as a reminder to clean out my closet soon.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I need to constantly edit my wardrobe, it frequently feels like it's overflowing!

      Delete
  16. The first dress is chic! I understand that a short dress can be not very convenient when you are pregnant but it looks really lovely! This one has very beautiful print and a good hue - cool idea for warm day. Love your look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both looks actually, and think the printed maxi is my favourite. But, the first look is also lovely. It's great to see you in a hat too. :)
    Eco-Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rare indeed to see me in a hat, haha!

      Delete
  18. Great post! I love all of those purses! So cute!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so great your whole office gets involved! I love the red leopard dress on you!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful to have the whole office involved! Great way to fundraise.

      Delete
  20. That maxi dress is so cute! You look gorgeous
    -Adi xxo
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the first look, the dress really suits you and it is so summery with that cute hat. I really really want a Rebecca Minkoff bag!! I am going to put it on my xmas list.
    Talia
    DrShopCook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get one! (they are stocked at the Iconic if you want to order locally). I recommend them, great bags!

      Delete
  22. You look so cute in all of these looks! Love you picks of the Rebecca Minkoff bags too! <3

    -Lily from With Love Lily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Mica! First I want to say you look so beautiful with your baby bump and I adore how both dresses look on you. Dress swapping seems like a very fun and practical thing to do. I actually would love to do it so I can recirculate some of the stuff I have in my closet that I don't wear but they are too cute to get rid off. Thanks for the idea and what you are doing is just amazing. God bless you and your family today and always. XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frock swap was a great way to change up everyone's wardrobes and raise some money too! :) Definitely do it if you get a chance :)

      Delete
  24. Wow! More gorgeous dresses! Love the short one. That is so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look so cute and comfy! I like this whole look.

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are just so adorable! I love these dresses I love the added floppy hat :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the printed dresses. So gorgeous and I love the hat as the perfect finishing touch!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the red leopard print dress, I have a thing for graduated hems!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragements on the fundraising! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the Asos leopard dress with the hat! so stylish :)
    Christina ♥ https://caliope.name

    ReplyDelete
  31. That red leopard dress looks so awesome on you! I love the hat you're wearing with it. Great print with the maxi.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mica you seem to be getting prettier by the day :) Are you having a baby girl :) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! We will find out in March! :)

      Delete
  33. What lovely dresses. They look gorgeous on you! I'd happily wear both of them!

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...