Monday 23 May 2016

Postpartum Outfits: Rebecca Minkoff Saddle Bag, Jeans and Printed Tanks

It's always a good feeling fitting back into pre-pregnancy jeans post baby! As someone who loves wearing denim, I feel a little happier getting dressed each day having my go-to jeans as an option. It means I'm reaching for them a lot though, so I ended up with two very similar outfits with printed tanks and my cute red Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag. Both of these were worn in April, when Brisbane's autumn temperatures were more like summer and layers weren't needed.

What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Striped tank flared jeans Converse all star Rebecca Minkoff saddle cross body bag

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff red studded saddle bag and flared jeans
SunglassesRay-Ban new Wayfarers
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
FlaresJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red

Why I wore it:

Flared jeans were really trendy last year, so I was glad I'd kept these in my wardrobe although I didn't get a lot of wear as the baby bump quickly outgrew them. I'm happy I get a chance to jump on the trend again now. This was a nice casual outfit for the daycare pick up / drop off.


It's the second wear of this top since I bought it. I'm reviewing everything I buy after wearing it twice in a month to make sure I'm buying things I'll actually wear and not just add to my overflowing wardrobe unnecessarily. My purchase review for this striped tank:

This was an impulse buy to get me over a free shipping threshold. I have quite a few striped tops so this wasn't special enough for me to have bought it otherwise. I like how it's a slight trapeze shape - skims over the postpartum belly nicely. While it's not something I needed, I still see it getting a fair bit of wear, as stripes do go with everything. Not the smartest of purchases wardrobe-wise as it doesn't fill a gap I had, but definitely better than paying the same amount just for shipping, as this way I got a top too.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, striped tank, flared jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

Other ways to wearstriped tank and a maxi skirt, flared jeans and ballet flats, Converse and colourful jeans, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag and a maxi skirt.



More Great Saddle Bags:







What I wore:

Away From Blue | two under two postpartum errands outfit printed tank skinny jeans mouse flats

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red
Tank: Sass and Bide "For Easy Reference" tank
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red

Why I wore it:

Every time I wear this tank I realise how much I love it and wish I'd wear it more. Definitely need to make more of an effort to wear it and not just 'save' it for perfect occasions that never seem to arise.

Similar to the outfit above, another casual jeans and printed tank combination for a morning when I attempted to run multiple errands with two under 2. It didn't go as well as I hoped, but I did like my outfit at least!

It's the third time I've worn this Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag since I bought it, so my purchase review:
I love this bag. I'd had my eye on it for a while thinking it would be great post-baby but held out for it to go on sale. I already had a couple of red bags, so sold them on ebay to justify getting this one. It's a great size for holding my essentials and the cross body strap is perfect for running around with the boys. I'm really pleased I bought this and I'll have to do a proper video review on youtube.



Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer (above), Sass and Bide tank, skinny jeans, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag (above).

Other ways to wearSass and Bide tank and pink accessories, skinny jeans and a pastel blazer, gold mouse flats and a wrap dress, red saddle bag and a monochrome outfit.






Linking up with Style Nudge, Hello Monday, Modest Monday, Colour & Grace, Classy Monday, Mix It Monday, Turning Heads, On Trend, Style Sessions, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, What I Wore.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

71 comments:

  1. Both jeans look great on you and cute bag too!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know what you mean about buying something just to get over a threshold- but I think you chose a good piece, stripes are going to last you through many seasons and are perfect for layering. Love the red and blue combo too! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yep it's so frustrating being so close to free shipping...

      Delete
  3. I fit in one pre-pregnancy jeans, but not the other one quite yet, so I invested in one more and keep wearing my maternity skinny jeans. But we will get there, step by step. And yes, it is a great feeling!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we will get there with time! I wasn't in all my jeans right away, just some, but it's nice to have some variety :)

      Delete
  4. The saddle bag is adorable and I love the converse. Right now I have a pink pair that I found on clearance ($16!), but I'd like to find a black or white pair for deal. :)

    www.granolangrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great deal! I'd love a colourful pair to ad to my black and white, I just can't pick a colour!

      Delete
  5. I totally think you made a good choice! It's a classic and you never regret investing in a classic!
    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, the classics are the best! :)

      Delete
  6. Seriously like I said before, you've lost quite a lot of weight! I wouldn't ever think you were pregnant awhile back :) Second outfir is my favourite, love the pop of colour with the bag!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pop of colour in the bag, especially when it's paired with those stripes! Cute pup, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag is a great colour. The pop of red really gives any outfit a wow-factor!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still loving that bag!! Such a great color! And hello there mouse flats! <3
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great bag!! Love the little tassel :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can NEVER get tired of strips. I would wear it in every single way possible. Needless to say, I am loving that first top <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely my favourite print! :)

      Delete
  12. I am amazed you're already back in your flared jeans so you can make the most of them - they are so on trend... and mine fit tight :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeans aren't always the most forgiving :(

      Delete
  13. You look great! Postpartum style can be SO tricky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are looking so great--it's hard to believe you just had a baby!! I love that striped top and I think it was a good pick, even if it was an impulse. And the color of that bag is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The saddle bag is one of my favourites, and I think it's smart to sell before you make a big purchase. That's what I do as well. <3
    Beauty Bathing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I try sell my bags to justify the new ones, haha!

      Delete
  16. Such a glam mum! Can't believe you have two kids and are still able to dress yourself so well haha. Love that tank.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha having easy go-to outfits helps!

      Delete
  17. I love both looks you've put together, Mica! Hey, you can never have too many striped tops, right?! Haha! I love this one, as well as the top in the second look, both look so lovely against that beautiful red RM purse! Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you're having a great start to your week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore this look dear.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look great and awesome that you are already back into your pre-pregnancy pants. Go girl. Love the purse. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for fitting into your pre-baby jeans! You look fabulous, and I'm loving your red bag - swoon worthy.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that bag and way to go fitting in your jeans again! It took me a year. Eeeks!

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every pregnancy is different! I was still in my maternity jeans at this point last time! :)

      Delete
  22. Love the bright red bag! It's a nice accent to your outfit!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm in love with that bag. I recently got the micro avery tote, is my to go purse now!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca Minkoff makes some great bags! :)

      Delete
  24. Oh my! I love RM bags, i have two, but now i think i TOTALLY need that one in my life. It is beautiful!!!! You are looking so fab btw, at this point after having my son i'm pretty sure i sat in sweatpants with baby vom all over be for ohh about 6 weeks lol!
    Wishing you a wonderful week!
    Rxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I keep the trackie dacks for inside the house ;)
      And it is a great bag - I recommend it! :)

      Delete
  25. Love the studded detail on your Rebecca Minkoff bag!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the nautical feel of the first look!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look great! Love those stripes and that bright red RM bag is fabulous!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  28. That bag is so good, lady- such a great style + color!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm loving that saddle bag Mica! Love the studs and color. Looks awesome with your tank tops.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the bag, such a great poppin' color! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yay for pre-pregnancy jeans! I have been in those shoes and yes, it feels amazing! I took another page from your wardrobe advice and started wearing my monthly purchases twice in one month to get an idea about they worked for my wardrobe. I can't tell you how hopeful it is! I'm finding my spending has decreased because I'm finding things that fill holes in my wardrobe rather than buying a bunch of mismatched crap. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yey I'm so glad it's helpful for you! It really makes me think more about purchases, as I don't want anything with tags sitting unworn in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  32. You are looking amazing! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. love your both look!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. That bag is beyond fabulous! I just love the bright color! It's the perfect shade of red!

    ReplyDelete
  35. First of all, I am lusting over that red bag so much. I shared a similar one in my post yesterday but mine is just from Gap. THAT ARTSY GEO TANK IS SO CUTE TOO. Both of these outfits are perfectly cozy to run around as a mom of two under 2. Is the little one a month old already? And when does the other buy turn 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, baby boy is two months now! Won't be long before toddler T is 2, it passes so quickly! :)

      Delete
  36. You look teeny in these outfits!!! I'm still not used to seeing you without your cute little belly! Both looks are adorable, as is your little dog - what a cutie:)

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is different being without a baby bump!

      Delete
  37. Love the bag! Great colour.
    Have you ever heard of Sash & Belle? It's a new Aussie label by a mum who has set up an online shop in her home office. She has a really cute saddle bag too called the Maddie. Only $30. Just thought I'd share that with you (because I'm a big fan of the brand)
    https://www.sash-belle.com.au/handbags-c1/maddie-handbag-black/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some lovely bags! I had a collaboration with them and a few bloggers a while back :)

      Delete
  38. Lov the red pop of color, very cute and great size handbag.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin' ll Join the Secret Guide

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats on fitting back into those pre-pregnancy jeans! What a great feeling - you're looking fantastic Mica!
    Haha and yes, gotta love how trends recycle. These flared jeans look fab

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justifies me keeping more in my wardrobe, ha! But I'm glad I kept these :)

      Delete
  40. I would always rather an actual item in my hands than paying some arbitrary amount for shipping! I've even got a $2 beaded bracelet before, just to get me over the line. This saddle bag reminds me of one my Mum had in the 80s (hers was brown though, of course)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheaper to buy a $2 bracelet than pay $10 for shipping! Crazy but sometimes shopping carts just work out that way!
      I was tempted to get this in brown...went with the red in the end as I love the pop!

      Delete
  41. That's a really lovely and casual outfit! It's great that it hasn't been too cold in Brisbane to wear these types of things. I can't wait to wear postpartum stuff too, not long to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Brisbane weather has been really warm lately!

      Delete
  42. Love the colour of the bag! I love that you still use your amazing bags, unlike me who seems to be living with the nappy bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear my bags cross body and throw the baby bag on the stroller :) I have a clip on the stroller for my bag too if it gets in the way :)

      Delete
  43. LOVE this red saddle bag! Perfect casual style.

    xo Sheree
    http://poshclassymom.com
    IG: @poshclassymom

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've been wanting a saddle bag so badly lately! Love this red- you can tell it goes with so many outfits! One of my favorite outfits to wear is jeans and a striped tank. It's my go to when I'm going anywhere that I want to look cute but not too dressy. You look so great in it!
    Emily
    http://darlingdearestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love a saddle bag! I'm really enjoying this one! :)

      Delete
  45. Great! I am trying to wear jeans a bit more. Love both pairs and your red saddlebag is perfect with the striped top. It is such a fun shape. Love both looks,
    Thanks for linking up with TH Tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a go-to option for me, especially postpartum :)

      Delete
  46. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. You are looking great after the pregnancy! I like both jeans!! Would love if you can check out my latest post about useful gifts for Dad and enter the giveaway to win a Father's Day gift http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/05/30/useful-gifts-dad-wants/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...