Monday 10 August 2015

SAHM Style: Colourful Skinny Jeans and Printed Scarves

While I have been wearing my denim a lot over winter, I haven't really worn a lot of my large denim collection - I just seem to keep picking the same 2 or 3 pairs to wear over and over. Now I've realised this, when I want a quick and easy cosy winter option, I'm trying to grab a different pair of jeans from my usual blue or black pairs. Or even a printed pair. Below, wearing my bright red pair and a grey pair to make the denim rut I'm in a little different.

What I wore:

Casual print mixing outfit stripes tartan scarf cobalt blue leather jacket converse

Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown
JacketWittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
Scarf: blue tartan scarf
Top: Jeanswest 'Marina' stripe henley
JeansJeanswest 'shale' super skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown

Why I wore it:

Wore this to work from home. I had planned to wear this to the office, hoping these jeans would pass as plain pants. I've worn them that way before. Our washing machine decided to break down though and I had to be home waiting for the repairer to come out. As I had to go out quickly in the morning, I decided to just wear what I had planned but with Converse instead. I'm glad I just wore it to work from home, I think even with heels this would have been a little too casual.


Last worn: cobalt leather jacket, blue tartan scarf, striped henley, grey skinny jeans, Converse, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag.

Other ways to wear: cobalt leather jacket with a printed dress, tartan scarf with a printed dress, striped henley with a maxi skirt and baby belly, grey skinny jeans with black leather, Converse and spring dresses, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag 40 weeks pregnant.






More colourful skinny jeans, under $80:






What I wore:

printed scarf grey zip hem tee red skinny jeans converse playdate outfit
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs Stargazer scarf in aquamarine (also on sale in black!)
TeeAtmos&Here grey Arizona zip tee
TankFrench Connection feather foil singlet
Jeans: Emerson red skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagMarc by Marc Jacobs pretty nylon Eliz-A-Baby bag

Why I wore it:

Was quite tired and had a busy morning with baby, so decided to try and dress colourfully and see if I could get some energy from wearing something bright!

You can't really see it in the pictures, but the tank I'm wearing under the tee is my glittery black one. I thought it was another nice way to add some colour, as well as the bright red jeans and the galaxy print scarf. Didn't work as well as I thought as you can't really see the glitter on it, but it was a good idea to try.

With all the colours together I wasn't really sure what bag to wear with this, and as I was in a bit of a hurry as we had a play date to get to, I decided just to throw everything in the baby bag for the day. Black goes with everything!


Last worn: Ray-ban Wayfarers, galaxy print scarf, grey long sleeve tee, glitter tank, red skinny jeans, Converse (above), Marc by Marc Jacobs Eliz-a-Baby bag.

Other ways to wearprinted scarf with a polka dot dress, grey tee with a maxi skirt, glitter tank and lace skirt, red skinny jeans with a printed tank, Converse and a maxi skirt.






Linking up with Modest Monday, Let It Shine, Real Mom Style, Cute & Little, On Trend Tuesday, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

58 comments:

  1. I love this oh so comfy laid back look
    Love the sneaks on scarfs too

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red pants of your second look!
    xoxo Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination between the colors
    kiss
    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2015/07/all-ends-wells.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colored denim Mica! Looks so good on you. Anytime you add color, it just lifts you up. Was sorry to hear about your washing machine. My microwave went kaput over the weekend :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no hope you can fix your microwave!

      So far my washing machine seems to be behaving itself after the repair....we will see how it goes, fingers crossed!

      Delete
  5. That's my favourite jacket! So cute, and the colour looks nice. Lovely outfits Mica, I bet the glittery tank is so cute with that galaxy stargazer scarf too. <3
    Luxe Vegan Skincare

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that second look - I cannot get enough of that scarf !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I wish I hadn't seen that stargazer scarf - it's gorgeous! Looks great with the red jeans. Hope you got your washing machine fixed.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! it is a great scarf! And the washing machine seems to be working okay so far, after the repair :)

      Delete
  8. I really like the coloured trousers! Particularly the red. They really cheer up an outfit. I wish I could go for a similar look but I have stupid long legs and can only buy trousers from a handful of places. They never have interesting trousers and it makes me sad!
    Also loving the scarves. Such a lovely mix of colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I have the opposite problem, haha! I'm so short I usually need to wear cropped trousers! Always easier to hem than to add extra length though I guess :(

      Delete
  9. I haven't worn my colored denim in a long while! They're such a fun way to wear denim and to add color to your wardrobe! :) I'm all about denim all year long!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much too hot in summer for jeans here...although I can wear denim shorts! :)

      Delete
  10. Colored denim is a great way to spice up winter outfits! Love the red ones! You look lovely!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it was a nice play date, Mica?! Glad you decided to choose the Converse because those are such a match with your striped shirt, great styling! Totally love the color combo of your second look - harmonic casual look.

      Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
    2. It was a lovely play date thank you Ira! :)

      Delete
  11. I always wear denim in any color {except regular blue jeans} to work hoping that they pass as regular pants! Love the layered striped look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great way to wear more comfortable pants to work! :D

      Delete
  12. I love both of these looks, and how you changed up your jeans routine by wearing these cute colored pairs! The red pair is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to break out the red skinnies! I know, it becomes easy to just reach for the same, comfy pairs. It's good to branch out now and then though :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to chance it up even just a little! :) Especially with such a bright and colourful pair :)

      Delete
  14. I especially love the blue jacket of yours each time you wear it. Your scarf collection must be almost as good as your impressive bag collection. The star gazer scarf is such a stunning print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great jacket! :) And I do have a lot of scarves and bags, haha!

      Delete
  15. Love everything blue so your jacket, too :) Thanks for linking-up with Turning Heads Tuesday! Sabina | Oceanblue Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it. I hate jeans shopping. Finally bit the bullet and bought a new pair designed so much for comfort and not enough for aesthetic. My mum jeans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I discovered Jeanswest, can always get something that fits me! :)

      Delete
  17. I love all your converse style - and seeing your red skinnies is making me wish I hadn't let mine go.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  18. Smart. I always rely on my denim jacket too. But what I'm a fan of is those scarves. Wow. I am a huge scarf hoarder, but either I wear them too much and get tired of them, or you just have an impressive collection! Stay warm this winter! (I'm in the States, boiling in the heat!)

    Clare | Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you start to get tired of them near the end of winter, haha! I need to wear mine more often, I tend to just wear my favourite ones all the time :P

      Delete
  19. Loving your first look!!! The colorful scarf with the classic stripes make a fabulous combo!!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Ivory & Navy Summer Sundress

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute scarf. I look the first look. So bright and playful

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful scarves! I love the bright colors and how they look with colored jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  22. When in doubt throw everything in the diaper bag. (; Can't tell you how many times I've done just that. As much as I love the work related looks, because they help me tremendously in the office, it's nice to see some casual ones in the mix. I'm dreadful at dressing myself casual. Notice my lack of weekend photos. haha

    Sorry about your washer! Hope all is well in the world of appliances. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it seems to be a lot better now after the repair guy looked at it and replaced a few things!

      And yes, how awesome is the baby bag for just throwing everything in! :)

      Delete
  23. I love blues on you so much. Those patterned scarves are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you wear bright colours - they look really great on you! Love both outfits, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving your use of converse shoes in these outfits! XO
    -Lauren Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aren't gray jeans fab? I love mine. I need a red pair like yours. You are rocking both these chic ensembles, Mica! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. i agree that wearing something bright cheers us up and makes us feel more energetic. Your blue leather jacket is stunning and your red jeans are fun! You look great in both these looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, it's a good trick for those kind of days!

      Delete
  28. Great outfits! You're inspiring me to try coloured denim for a change also. I love your blue jacket and scarves too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can give it a go! The red ones were an opshop bargain too, it doesn't have to be expensive!

      Delete
  29. Beautiful outfit! Love the purse!

    XO, Natalia from www.darlingtrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. the galaxy scarf is so ridiculously pretty! that would definitely give me some energy haha. Paired with glitter it's even more cosmic and lovely :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  31. loving the skinnies

    Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm with you Mica...I keep reaching for the same two pairs of jeans! Today I finally wore a different pair lol. When I like something I wear it over and over again. And 90% of the clothes just sit in my closet and collect dust (boo). Anyways, I love the pops of color with the jeans and the scarf. The Chuck Taylors give both of these looks that effortless cool girl finishing touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have that same issue! I try and wear everything I own, but I'm always reaching for my favourite pieces. Makes me wonder why it's so hard to do a wardrobe clean out, haha!

      Delete
  33. love these looks esp with the chucks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love you shoes, they look like very comfy pair! And the first outfit is awesome, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are adorable! You always look very fun and put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. My fridge broke down recently too - now that was a real nightmare and I had to throw out and then replace so much stuff! Arrgghh!

    I seem to reach constantly for jeggings, because I've been layering long tunics and knits in the winter. Today I wanted a pair of jeans but found myself with a pair of denim joggers instead. I just can't seem to go there with jeans at the moment!

    Love the red jeans on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no I can't imagine the fridge breaking down, that would be a real pain! :(

      Delete
  37. Love the scarves and the colored jeans are great! I am going to be wearing more denim this fall. the scarves are great on you too!

    thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really like the zipper details on your grey sweater and the plaid scarf in your first outfit! It's so strange to see you all bundled up while we're sweating here in the US. I just know the time will come too soon when we'll switch!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Adorable look, practical, comfortable, but stylish. Thanks for sharing! Visiting you from The Modest Mom Blog party. www.ruckusandrubies.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...