Friday 3 June 2016

Printed Tanks, Flared Jeans, Grey Cardigans and Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody Bags

Life with two boys under 2 is busy and hectic, and a cross body bag means I've always got everything I need handy. I've been favouring my Rebecca Minkoff cross body bags lately. While I do have other cross body bags, the Rebecca Minkoff ones are small enough that they are easy to juggle with a baby bag, toddler, newborn and often a stroller.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | printed Tank, Flared Jeans, ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff cross body saddle bag

AwayFromBlue |  Rebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
Tank: Emerson crochet lace bib print top
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
BagRebecca Minkoff unlined saddle bag in cherry red (on sale!)

Why I wore it:

I loved everything about this outfit! A rainy night and a cooler morning was the perfect chance to wear this grey cardi, and I really wanted to wear the red tank and bag together. Although I was just running a few errands, I was comfortable and happy in this all day.

The flowy tank is great for covering a postbaby belly and I was able to lift it up and still have plenty of coverage while breastfeeding in the afternoon when the in-laws came over.

This cardigan had been in the 'maybe donate' pile for a while, as it's been so long since I last wore it. It was last on the blog over 3 years ago! I've taken it to work a few times since then to keep cosy in the aircon but wasn't sure it was worth keeping, until loving it in this outfit. It will be staying in my wardrobe.


Last worn: grey cardi, red crochet detail tank, flared jeans, Marc Jacobs ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag.

Other ways to weargrey cardi in the office, red printed tank and striped maxi skirt, flared jeans and Converse, Marc Jacobs ballet flats and a maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff saddle bag and a striped skirt.






More Rebecca Minkoff Crossbody Bags:








What I wore:

Away From Blue | Aztec Print tank, flares, gold mouse flats, wool cardi autumn SAHM style

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum
JacketJeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan (new purchase)
TankAtmos&Here 'Florida' tank in Aztec print
JeansJeanswest 'spoylt' flared jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in navy!)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

Since I liked the outfit combination above so much, I decided to try recreate it on another day with a different bag, tank and cardigan. I really didn't like this outfit as much though.

While the wool cardi was nice and cosy and I usually love wearing this tank, I felt it wasn't really working with my extra post-baby curves lifting it up and kept fussing with the hem of the tank trying to pull it down. A nice outfit in theory, but not so practical to wear.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, Aztec print tank, flared jeans (above), gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff plum mini MAB tote. First time I've worn the cardigan as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearAztec print tank and red jeans, flares and a blazer, gold mouse flats and a Chloe Paddington, purple mini MAB and a pink maxi dress.







Linking up with Passion for Fashion, Friday Faves, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Let It Shine, Shoe & Tell, Hello Monday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

55 comments:

  1. The knit cardigan looks amazing, I would love something similar for autumn/winter. I just hope we get summer before that.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get some lovely summer weather soon too! :)

      Delete
  2. Two under 2 must be really hard to handle, I hope the big brother is being good to the little brother. You know how to play with the colours :) I never thought grey and orange would look good together, now I've changed my mind!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm lucky toddler T loves his little brother! :)

      Delete
  3. I love everything about that first outfit too! Your red bag with the tank is perfect. The bag in your second look is so fun too. I've considered getting on of that shape because I love her bags so much too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have far too many Rebecca Minkoff bags...haha. But I love them, so I'd recommend you give it a try! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that you decided to keep the long grey cardigan, it looks really good on you! I like it best with the first outfit and the pop of red from the bag looks great with the whole outfit.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the bag brings out the orange in that first top! :D
    Can't imagine having 2 boys under 2! Ha ha. My mom had my sister and I that way...the boys came after ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a handful but a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  6. Love these prints really pretty. I love a good crossbody bag x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these outfits especially the one at the top. The bag and blouse really match well together. Have a lovely weekend. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your red bag is lovely! I love cross over bags, I hate having them just hung on my shoulder because it feels uncomfortable.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always wear the most comfortable, yet trendy outfits! Love that red top.

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/style-puma-rihanna-fenty-trainer/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both outfits are perfect for when the temperature drops. I love the flare jeans trend so much and your are amazing! Your purple bag is gorgeous!!!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color combinations of both outfits, Mica! Heather grey look so pretty on you and great combined with both red and grape! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have a great weekend ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love that mini MAB but I think I am loving that pretty red thing even more! What an absolute stunner! Rebecca Minkoff FTW!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have some awesome bags! That red one is my current favourite, haha! :)

      Delete
  13. Your red bag rocks. When I have the kids I can't get rid of my big bag but on an escape the cross body bags get a run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just throw the baby bag on the stroller so I can keep everything I need (wallet, phone, keys) on me. Lets me carry my own bag too :)

      Delete
  14. Ugh my uniform is a flowy top all day everyday so I obviously love yours!!! Great read!!

    Xox Dana Ivy // www.iadorewhatilove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bags!!, and you look so pretty ;)


    greetings from Chile
    Vale

    http://valerousse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can imagine how it would be with the boys under 2! I went to my friend's house with her kids, and it was the loudest moment I have ever seen lol

    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe they can be loud! But it's pretty awesome too :)

      Delete
  17. I am seriously loving this look, that bag makes it - its so cute!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lately I've taken a liking towards the red scheme. Adore that cross bag. Also love the yellow and blue, the design especially.
    The flowy look works great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh great outfits - I actually like how the second one looks, but it's a shame it doesn't work for you on a practical level. I would never have guessed!
    And Yay, I love that bag! Those crossbody bags are so handy!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sometimes the outfits look okay in photos but are a pain to wear! Will need to try wear this tank again later to see if it works once things calm down a bit boob-wise ;)

      Delete
  20. I'll be rocking three - three and under shortly - so I am keeping these clothing combos in mind for when I am in a funk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow good luck with 3 under 3! Two is enough of a handful for me, haha!

      Delete
  21. Love how you styled the jeans! Thanks for your wonderful comment on Qing's Style Please always keep in touch, I would love to hear from you!

    Follow me @qingsstyle on Instagram and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay, glad your keeping that grey cardigan - I have a similar one and its perfect! :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mica I have handbag envy!! Both of these are such lovely finishing touches to your outfits

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both bags are so cute! Don't you just love when pieces are fashionable but also functional? I know I do lol.

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Everything has to be really practical and functional now with two little ones!

      Delete
  25. I love a printed tank! Such a quick way to add some spice to an otherwise simple outfit! Also I swear every time I come to your blog, I lust after Rebecca Minkoff! That tote is just gorgeous!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do have too many Rebecca Minkoffs for you to lust over!

      Delete
  26. I absolutely love your bags!! the red one is such a stunner!!

    enjoy your Sunday evening!

    ❥ Vicky | The Golden Bun - Instagram TGB

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty outfits, perfect for a busy mom like you. I lean toward the second one as my most favorite.

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have the cutest and brightest handbag! Love your wearable, and effortlessly chic looks!
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look amazing! I didn't realize you had your baby, congratulations! Love your bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I haven't been around to as many blogs as before, not a lot of time, ha!

      Delete
  30. Grey and orange looks great together! :D I've got to try that!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rebecca Minkoff bags are honestly some of my favorites, love the red on you as it really suits you and looks fabulous! xx Adaleta Avdic

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really truly feel you can never have too many gray or oatmeal colored cardigans in your collection. I mean, two most versatile colors ever, right? I'm glad you chose to keep that grey one. The cut of it is not the norm, but nice looking. I LOVE this long wool one. I have seen you wearing it a lot lately, it must be awesome! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super cosy! I just keep it near the door so I keep grabbing it on the way out, haha! Grey is a very practical colour to own as it goes with everything too :)

      Delete
  33. love the color of the printed top if your first look
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. That cardi looks lovely and toasty and those golden flats are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love how the color of your orange top coordinates perfectly with that bag! Yay for outfits that are comfortable and that you feel great in. Even though you didn't love the second look, I think it's smart to try a similar "formula" that really worked, like the first look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep copying easy outfit formulas is helpful for getting dressed quickly with two under 2!

      Delete
  36. Love the purple bag, goes really well with the outfit.

    Take care doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. you look stunning girl, love those bags. I need to get some of those pretty bags :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love both of these looks, especially the first one. That red bag just pops with your top!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...