Friday 30 September 2016

Purple, Jeans and Rebecca Minkoff Plum Mini MAB Tote Bag

First, #noSpenderSeptember results! After achieving #noBuyJuly16 and only buying two things in August, I decided to tackle a #noSpenderSeptember challenge, inspired by Beth from Almost Posh. I'm pleased to report that even with a trip to the outlets, I didn't buy any clothes or accessories. October is Buy Nothing New month and while I've considered doing another no-buy month I'm not going to commit just yet.

This year I tallied up my spend in June for the year and said it would be nice to spend less than that in the last 6 months of the year - so far I'm managing to do so! I think the change in weather bringing up new outfit options within my wardrobe has helped me feel more content with the clothes I already own.



When Brisbane started to hit proper spring temperatures I got all excited and declared it kimono season! I was quickly looking out my cardigans again not too long after though as we got some really wet weather.

What I wore:

purple tee prima denim skinny jeans plum bag navy floral kimono spring OOTD | Away From Blue

pom pom charm Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | Away From The Blue
JacketCotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in washed lilac
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black or silver!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in blue and on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

There is not a single thing I'd change about this outfit, I loved every part of it. I wanted to try purple with this kimono, really liked the navy with the v-neck tee.

Took the boys to DFO (outlet stores) to pick out some cute outfits for an upcoming photoshoot. I got lucky when I visited the baby expo a few months ago and won a competition! The prize was a photoshoot and gift voucher. I'm looking forward to having some updated family photos, and wanted to try and get a little matching outfit for the boys.

Although there was a ton of sales and extra discounts and even a Jeanswest store, I stuck to my #noSpenderSeptember challenge and only bought lunch, I didn't buy anything else. I had no luck tracking down an outfit for the boys sadly.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, floral cocoon kimono, purple tee, skinny jeans, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wearfloral cocoon kimono and a red saddle bag, purple tee and lace pencil skirt, skinny jeans and a long cardi, gold mouse flats and a maxi dress, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag and shorts.



Where to buy the Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag:








What I wore:

purple cardigan and bag with neutral metallic tee and grey jeans outfit rainy day style | AwayFromBlue

 Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | AwayFromTheBlue
JacketJeanswest Dana drape knit cardi in boysenberry
Tee: Cotton On Luxe pearl tee
JeansSass and Bide pale grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black or silver!)
Bag:  Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day was 'old faithful' so I figured these jeans that are over 10 years old would be a good thing to wear. I needed a cardigan to keep cosy as it was a really rainy day. You can't see that in the photos though. When a toddler distracts you as you are adjusting the exposure and you can't double-check the photos right away, you end up looking really washed out. ;)

This tee is leaving my wardrobe. I bought it in 2012 for $5 and it's been worn 7 times since then. I'm constantly looking at it in my wardrobe thinking I should wear it again. It's nice but it's a bit of a pain to wear (the back is completely sheer so I have to layer) and I have other tops I enjoy wearing more. Looking at it and thinking 'I should really wear this again' without actually wearing it was getting annoying too. Time for it to go.


6 ways to wear 1 metallic tee for all seasons | AwayFromBlue blog



Last worn: purple cardigan, metallic gold tee, grey jeans, gold mouse flats (above), Rebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB tote (above).

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and chambray dress, metallic gold tee and a pencil skirt, grey jeans and printed top, gold mouse flats and a pencil skirt, purple mini MAB tote and black maxi dress.


Linking up with Budget Bloggers, Let It Shine, Grace & Lace, Shoe & Tell, Hello Monday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. Love both combos especially the kimono with the purple bag! And why is it so hard to find a decent white tee??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I don't want anything overly fancy, just a plain white non-sheer tee! haha!

      Delete
  2. Great challenge! It's amazing when you fall in love with the items you already have. You truly bring out the best in purple! You look very pretty. Happy weekend

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes always good to rewear and enjoy what we already own! :)

      Delete
  3. I really love your Rebecca Minkoff bag! That shade of purple is so pretty!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love you in kimonos! They are so fun! But I'll probably always be a cardigan girl, haha! I like that they're tighter
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like my cardigans, just too warm to wear them a lot of the time here so I'm more of a kimono girl haha!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on acing #noSpenderSeptember! That first outfit is fabulous and I love your kimono. There is nothing to change for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pleased I managed to achieve it! :)

      Delete
  6. Purple looks really pretty on you! Love that you have jeans from 10 years ago. Impressive!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few older things in my wardrobe, I hang on to more than I probably should, haha!

      Delete
  7. I think you're doing awesome on your no buy months! Some people don't make it! LOL That just goes to show you Mica, you have an excellent wardrobe. You have an assortment to pick and choose from. You can also switch things around. That kimono and purple top look awesome together. So pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right I have a lot of clothes already to choose from! That's helping stick to the no buy challenges I think!

      Delete
  8. I am so with you on that first look--I wouldn't change a thing either, I love everything about it!
    I love how well thought-out your wardrobe is and how you carefully consider your purchases and what you get rid of--I think that's something I could really do a better job about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a learning process for sure trying to make my wardrobe more manageable! I've still got a way to go but practice makes perfect ;)

      Delete
  9. I love your looks! The cardigan and kimono are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The purple kimono is gorgeous! Aww I hope the wet weather disappears so you can make the most of spring :) You're really good at pairing outfits, I probably wouldn't have known how to pair that white top apart from just sticking with jeans! :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did go nicely with skirts too! :) It's good I gave it a few wears before donating it :)

      Delete
  11. Both looks are great, like you I would not change anything on the first one either.
    Congrats on sticking to your challenge, I know how difficult it can be.
    Oh and I think that the 5.00 tee served its purpose ;) its ok to let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would have been nice to get more wear from it, but not bad for $5 in the end :)

      Delete
  12. Love that bag so much. It looks great with the kimono and purple tee especially. Gemma x
    www.jacquardfower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! That's a really great accomplishment. I'm not huge on shopping clothes but I do need control when shopping for food. LOL. I might try those challenges with it then. :)

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I think we all have that one thing we overspend on!

      Delete
  14. Congrats on a successful month of not shopping! Winning a photo shoot is so awesome! I'm sure the boys will look adorable in matching outfits too.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did look adorable - I'm looking forward to seeing the photos! :)

      Delete
  15. The #noSpenderSeptember sounds like an awesome challenge. You look very chic.

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great challenge, I'll need to do it again next year! :)

      Delete
  16. I am so excited about fall finally being here. We got our first cool front and I was so excited to wear one of my kimonos lol. I need that purple Rebecca Minkoff bag ASAP!

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm liking that it's warming up enough to layer with nothing more than a kimono, you're liking that it's getting cool nough to start adding them! :)

      Delete
  17. I LOVE the first outfit - you know I adore purple, and it looks amazing with your kimono! The tee in the 2nd outfit...yeah, it's just not special enough. Glad you are letting it go. Have an awesome weekend, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it does look rather plain in a few of those outfits - the metallic sheen too subtle. It was nice to wear a little, but definitely letting it go.

      Delete
  18. The first outfit is indeed perfect! Love the color scheme you used and that kimono is super cool. I get what you mean about those items we think we're gonna wear again but don't. It's always good to get rid of them and make some space for pieces we really wear. :)
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! I'd rather open my wardrobe and like what I see than think "I really should wear this again".

      Delete
  19. Well done on the no spending! I'm in my third month of shopping ban as well and not sure whether I should do another one but somehow I don't want to give in just yet. Love your outfits! The kimono is so pretty.
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well one on not shopping for 3 months straight, that's a wonderful achievement!

      Delete
  20. You have the best bag collection! Love the mini MAB tote :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEAUTIFUL!

    NATALIEOFFDUTY.COM

    http://natalieoffduty.com/2016/09/on-trend-teva-socks-n-sandals-suarez-sisters-natalie-dylana/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow good job on not buying anything! That's fabulous! It's always easier for me to NOT buy things when the Seasons change. Towards the end of a Season is when I start to get bored.

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I know that feeling, of being bored by the outfit options as the season draws to a close! :)

      Delete
  23. Love the combos, loved how you styled them. Gorgeous!



    Come visit us soon
    xx
    Makeup, Style and Sugar
    https://simpliannie.wordpress.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/ankitabardhan/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both outfits look great on you, though my favourite has to be the first - such a pretty floral kimono and I love your purple Rebecca Minkoff!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, I'm really impressed how successful you are with your challenge, dear Mica! And I understand why you love everything on your first outfit, for me it's the same. The second outfit is nice, too, and I think you have your good reasons why the shirt has to leave you :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Purple is so pretty on you, love these shades. The spring weather is so beautiful and is making such a difference. Great job with the no spending, I always find it hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tricky not to buy a lot, especially when you love shopping, hehe! I'm glad I did so well with the challenge.

      Delete
  27. Woo hoo, great job with No Spender September! (Especially with a trip to the outlets! Such willpower!) And I absolutely love your first outfit!! Look at all that purple, haha!! <3 That kimono is super cute! I wish we were getting warmer spring temperatures here, boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was so sure the outlets would mean I would buy something- I'm pleased I didn't for once!

      Delete
  28. I love your kimono, it looks fantastic on you Mica!

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty outfits! I love how you do you outfits around your bags--often a bag can inspire a complete outfit or two!!!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can definitely get outfit inspiration from bags! I'm lucky to have so many in my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  30. That tote bag is so cute and your outfit is perfect for summer. Love the floral kimono too.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the kimono, Rebecca Minkoff bag, and charm, and the cardt,too!
    Your discipline is inspiring and proof that we can look on point and not spend too much!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's possible! With practice, haha!

      Delete
  32. Wow! gorgeous beauty, you slayed this look.

    www.tessyonyia.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh that purple RM! It's perfect!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your bag! Great post!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm really loving this blossom print kimono for spring ♡

    ReplyDelete
  36. These looks are so cute, I love that floral kimono
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I mean, that tee totally got it's money worth plus some! I find metallic pieces tricky to style for me, so the fact that you managed to do it 7 times, rocks! lol I'm also super envious of how successful your no buys have been this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've one no-buys much more successfully this year! Practice makes perfect ;)

      Delete
  38. Gorgeous outfits! I love the floral and fringe detail on the kimono!

    Thank you so much for linking up at Grace + Lace!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...