Friday 11 September 2015

Jeanswest Spring 2015 Collection: The Hamptons | Chambray Dress, Navy Striped Shirt, Lux Print Scarf

A while back, I was contacted by Jeanswest who wanted to let me know a little more about their latest spring collection, and they very kindly let me pick a few pieces from the collection to share with you. The spring 2015 collection is beautiful, lots of blue (which I love!) and it's all very easy to mix and match together. Blue, stripes, lovely soft fabrics and the usual affordable Jeanswest prices, so much to like! Thought I'd jump ahead from my winter outfit posts I have waiting and show you the two spring looks I wore last weekend.

What I wore:

Jeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress spring 2015 purple cardi ankle boots

Balenciaga 2009 Automne RH classic day bag
JacketJeanswest Dana drape knit cardi in boysenberry
Scarf: Jeanswest Lux paisley print scarf (C/O)
Dress: Jeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress (C/O)
ShoesAsos airtime leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

If you follow me on instagram, you'll know that Jeanswest had an olive shirt dress similar to this in their winter collection, and I promptly fell in love but couldn't buy it as I was doing #NoBuyJuly15 at the time. When I did get a chance to try it on in August, I was a little underwhelmed. I liked the neutral colour, and I loved the soft lyocell fabric, but wasn't as perfect as I had imagined, so I didn't buy it.

When I saw this chambray sleeveless dress in the new collection, I knew it would be perfect. I much prefer this to the olive shirt dress. The fabric is nice and soft, the sleeveless style will be great for the heat of spring and summer, and of course, it's blue! The drawstring waist can be pulled tight so it gives a little 'blouson' effect on the top half, or worn looser. Plus, it has pockets, which is always a bonus in a dress!

I have a chambray shift dress that I'd struggled to find ways to wear, preferring just to save it for a warm day when I could wear it by itself. I got this dress and instantly started putting outfits together around it. It's taken a while, but I've finally found the perfect chambray dress! (And the old shift one will be donated). Based on the rate that the dress (and even the maternity version) is selling out, I'm not the only one who thinks it's perfect.


Last worn: purple drape cardigan, Asos Chelsea ankle boots, Balenciaga day bag. First time I've worn the scarf and dress.

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan belted over a maxi dress, ankle boots and printed pants, Balenciaga day bag and a printed shift dress.


More amazing pieces from the Jeanswest Spring 2015 Hamptons collection:




Jeanswest ship internationally too...



What I wore:

Jeanswest Louisa stripe sleeveless shirt navy and pink blush blazer skinny jeans

Balenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag
Jacket:  Jeanswest Nadine 3/4 Sleeve dusky pink blazer
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace
Shirt: Jeanswest Louisa stripe sleeveless shirt (C/O)
JeansJeanswest Bindi skinny 7/8 jeans in indigo luxe
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

Feels like it's been a long time since I've worn these skinny jeans! The big bulky knee bandage you see above that I have to wear daily doesn't fit under these jeans, so they've been passed over in favour of my maxi skirts. I'm working up to not wearing the bandage every day. As we were going out in the afternoon to visit the in-laws for Father's Day I decided to leave the bandage off and see how my knee coped. It did well!

I really like this navy striped shirt from the Jeanswest collection. I have a similar sleeveless shirt in pink I bought a while ago, and love. It's one of those pieces that can be worn in the office or for stay at home mum or weekend wear, very versatile. At first, I was going to wear a purple cardi with this again, but then I saw this blush pink blazer hanging up and decided to go with that instead. I really like the pink and navy together.


Last worn: pastel blazer, skinny jeans, gold mouse flats, Balenciaga truffle day bag (above). First time I've worn the shirt.

Other ways to wearpastel blazer and shorts, skinny jeans and a printed kimono, gold mouse flats and a maxi skirtblue Balenciaga day bag and a summer tee dress.



The Jeanswest Spring 2015 collection is available online and in store.



This post, as always, has been written by me and includes all my own thoughts and opinions and styling. Some clothing was very generously provided by Jeanswest.



Linking up with Passion For Fashion, Friday Favourites, Flashback Fashion, Favourite Fashion, Fashion Friday, Shoe and Tell, Let It Shine, Hello Monday (also here), Modest Monday, Wardrobe Wednesday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

59 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky girl! I like the first denim overall! Such a versatile piece and you styled it wonderfully! Looks like you are really making good use of the Day bag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using the Day bag so much my other bags must be feeling neglected, haha!

      Delete
  2. Love chambray, it’s so comfy & in a dress?? Even better! You look awesome as always.

    TFM BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chambray dress, it'll last forever. Great choices that are really versatile. Popping by from Passion for Fashion xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dusky pink blazer is fabulous and it matches that striped shirt so perfectly...very chic combo altogether. Those jeans and gold flats are a great pairing as well.

    Now, about the first outfit. You know I love that purple cardi of yours, I have one that is almost the same, and I think yours looks great with that denim dress. That brown bag is fabulous and it works great with both look. I just realized that I need a brown bag too. It is such a warm colour and it can match everything nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can't go wrong with purple and blue! This purple cardi (like yours) looks so good with denim! :)

      I've been getting a lot of wear from this brown bag - like you said it goes with everything! :)

      Delete
  5. Love both these outfits!
    Jaymie
    www.jaymieashcraft.com
    Fridays Fashions link up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfits, really love the denim dress and striped dress! Loving anything striped right now! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blue dress is lovely. I have something similar and you've given me so ideas of how how to style it, thank you. Hope your knee is healing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      My knee is healing slowly but surely, thank you! :)

      Delete
  8. awesome looks
    happy weekend

    http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love that dress--esp with the cardigan added. that color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the denim dress is so cool :)
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing dear, I do adore the first look but I also like your striped shirt too :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. The second outfit is my favorite!!! the blouse is really beautiful
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dusty colored sweater. So perfect for fall!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks chambray dress is SO cute and I love the pink and navy stripes together in the second outfit!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress looks so comfy and pretty!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both outfits, but the second is my favorite! I'm a sucker for skinny jeans and striped tops!!

    -Karen
    Lady in Violet

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are AMAZING! ♥

    Have a WONDERFUL weekend!
    With love,
    Suzy ( ˘ ³˘)♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  18. I seriously love that bag! It'll be perfect to go with everything!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  19. This denim dress suits you. I like how you paired the brown bag with it as well. Wonderful fall look.

    xo

    With Love Banke | A Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great looks and fab that Jeanswest hooked you up - you're a good spokesperson for them! Isn't it awesome when you find that perfect version of something. Bring on the Spring dress action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so pleased I found the perfect chambray dress at last! Looking forward to getting lots of wear out of this over spring and summer, and autumn, and winter...haha

      Delete
  21. I love the striped blouse (I'm obsessed with navy & white right now...)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that striped top! It looks so good the way you styled it. The chambray shift dress is such a great piece to add to your wardrobe.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  23. That pair of metallic mouse flats are so cute, I would love to own something like that. I must say I like not only those flats, but both of your outfits in general. All the jewellery and accessories you put on work perfectly well. Both of the outfits look complete, cosy and neat! This is how young mum should look like:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm lucky, now baby is a toddler his naps are a little more predictable and I'm able to spend more time thinking of outfit combinations! :)

      Delete
  24. These are some of my favorite looks of yours! I love the colors in the first look--chambray and magenta are a lovely classic combo. I'm sorry to hear that the shirt you'd been eyeing was underwhelming--I think sometimes we build up things we can't have. But huge props to you for tackling that no-buy challenge.

    The second look is so streamlined and chic as well--the dust pink cardi with the tan bag and gold flats are a warm touch to the navy top and jeans.

    Wishing you the very best!

    imperfect idealist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was the problem with the dress - everyone thought it looked nice on me, but I'd been building it up for so long in my head after a month it just didn't wow me like I'd hoped, haha!

      Delete
  25. I love their collection, it fits your blog name perfectly haha!

    The second outfit is my favorite, I love the combination of blue stripes and pale pink! Glad to hear your knee is doing better now!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love both looks, but my favorite is the second one, the striped top with the pink blazer is just gorgeous. So chic and yet casual at the same time, plus a touch of girly. Perfect.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jeanswest's seems like a cool site, I should check them out!
    Btw, lovely outfits as always, Mica!

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have WAY too many nice things online, I have an embarrassingly large percentage of my wardrobe from there...they ship internationally too so worth checking out! :)

      Delete
  28. I love dresses with pockets, so I don't have to carry the bag all the time with me. Lovely versatile dress, Mica! Your second outfit is really refreshing and would be perfect for the office as well. Glad you've decided to wear blush pink and navy together. ;)

    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love my bags ;) But pockets are so helpful, especially when trying to juggle a toddler, just go hands free by putting everything in the pockets. I know you'll know what I'm talking about, #toddlerMumsUnite haha!

      Delete
  29. so sophisticated and chic!!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a lovely denim dress.
    Lookin so autumn/fall chic
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  31. That dress is too cute! It looks perfect on you! I love the striped blouse as well!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love shirtdresses and stripes so I am loving your denim shirtdress and that striped button-up top. The blouse looks great layered with the pale pink cardigan. What happened to your knee, Mica?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was involved in a bus accident on the way to work a few weeks ago, but it's okay! Just some tissue damage, nothing major and I'm getting treatment at the moment.

      Delete
  33. Love that chambray dress! I think they are the perfect transition piece between seasons!
    www.amemoryofus.,com

    ReplyDelete
  34. After trying on quite a few chambray dresses, I'm not sure it's something that will ever work for me. Which stinks, because I love the way they look on others, just not so much on myself. Staying open minded though. (;

    I LOVE that navy striped shirt and you are totally right about it's versatility! Navy is just one of those wearable colors. Not to mention stripes are right up there too! I love that you paired it with that blush colored blazer and some gold flats. It's very girly but not over the top. Tons of inspiration from this outfit. (;

    Congrats on working with Jeanswest for this post! I know how much you love them! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's all about staying open minded! I never got the raving about it until I found this dress! :) Now my old chambray one is gone, this one has happily taken its place haha!

      Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  35. That's a great denim dress! I love the purple sweater you paired with it. You have the best collection of skinny jeans. Love that striped top!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have quite a collection! I wish I could wear them more often! :( But I'm starting to spend longer periods without the knee bandaged up which is good!

      Delete
  36. Cute pink blazer and I love the stripes, too!

    xoxo, Christina

    Stray Birds and Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great outfits! Love the paisley scarf from the first outfit and the striped shirt from the second! You picked out some great staple pieces!

    Sierra
    Sierra Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your denim dress is lovely, I like how you've styled it with the scarf and cardi. These outfits are stunning on you. Your 2nd outfit shows off your legs and again, the colours are great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  39. These outfits are so cute. I love blue denim with anything. It's easy to dress up or down. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love both outfits! The chambray dress and scarf are super cute and the blush blazer is so pretty!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh you look just adorable! Fabulous outfits both of them. Plus, you know, more bag envy!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Divine! Am loving this collection not to mention your bags! x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Stunning casual looks! Thanks for linking up to #fashionfriday

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your first look makes me want to bring out my chambray dress! It's such a great base layer! And that Balenciaga is delish!
    Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...