Monday 27 July 2015

Corporate Style In Winter: Knitted Beanie, Burberry Cashmere Scarf and Ankle Boots

Commuting early in the morning in the coldest days of winter has meant I've been reaching for warmer accessories for the trip to and from work. The knitted beanie I'm wearing below was part of a competition prize from the PoshLadyIndigo style challenge I did a few months ago. I'm not much of a hat person, although I have started enjoying wearing sunhats more in summer. It's been so cold this beanie has been perfect to keep me cosy, especially paired with my Burberry cashmere scarf.

What I wore:

Burgundy skinny pants ankle boots trench winter corporate style

Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag in carob brown with burgundy pants
Hat: white knitted beanie (competition prize)
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat 
ScarfBurberry cashmere tartan scarf
Shirt: Zara star print shirt
PantsJeanswest 'Fiona' skinny leg pant in shiraz
ShoesAsos airtime leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown

Why I wore it:

It was so cold I knew I would be wearing these pants again! I am so glad I decided to wear them to the office one day as part of the style challenge I was doing, it's given me a great option for cooler days. Especially after throwing out all my other (ill-fitting) work pants during my wardrobe detox. I've not been able to find any new pairs, although with #noBuyJuly15 I haven't been looking too hard!

I was looking through my wardrobe wondering what top to wear with the pants when I saw this shirt in my wardrobe that hadn't been worn in a while. I remembered it being quite warm when I last wore it in summer, so it seemed like a good choice for winter!

As it's the second time I've worn the boots, and I'm trying to wear everything twice in the month after buying it to reflect on how it's working for me, my purchase review:
I like these boots. I don't love them, but they fit the gap I had in my shoe wardrobe of a neutral flat pair of ankle boots. I love my Pistol boots but lately I've been wanting flat shoes more often. With an old knee injury wearing heels to the office a couple of times a week is as much as I can take. These boots are comfortable and practical for life with baby, so I'm glad I bought them. Plus they were on sale!


Last worn: beige trench, Burberry tartan scarf, star print shirt, burgundy skinny pants, Asos Chelsea ankle boots, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag. First time I've worn the beanie.

Other ways to wearbeige trench with a printed dress, Burberry tartan scarf with a star print dress, star print shirt with gold jeans, burgundy pants in warmer weather, Chelsea ankle boots with a maxi skirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag at 40 weeks pregnant.






More beanies and scarves to keep you cosy:






What I wore:

knitted beanie tartan scarf cobalt leather jacket black white office wear winter

Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown
Hat: white knitted beanie (competition prize)
JacketWittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
ScarfBurberry cashmere tartan scarf
Top: white vintage knit jumper from my mum's wardrobe
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown

Why I wore it:

As the knitted beanie and cashmere scarf kept me warm previously, I wore them again! All out of pants for work though so had to go with fleece lined tights and ankle boots.

The white jumper I've never worn on before. I got it from one of my mum's wardrobe clear outs. I have a few things from her wardrobe! A while back she brought over a big bag and I went through them all before she donated the rest. I was keeping this for a cold day, so it was the perfect time to bring it out. Decided to go with the blue leather jacket as it gives me a chance to wear it without baby (reducing the risk of any more unfortunate accidents) and I wanted to add some colour to the black and white outfit.


Last worn: beanie (above), cobalt blue leather jacket, Burberry cashmere scarf (above), black pencil skirt, black leather ankle boots, MbMJ Fran bag (above). First time I've worn the white jumper.

Other ways to wearcobalt blue leather jacket with a printed dress, Burberry scarf with pink, black pencil skirt with a polka dot top, ankle boots and a maxi dress, MbMJ Fran bag with a maxi skirt.





Linking up with Mix It Monday, On Trend Tuesday, Turning Heads, Style Sessions, Real Mom Style, Confident Twosday, Wardrobe Wednesday today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

44 comments:

  1. Oh so cute look.
    LOve the beanies and scarf :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your scarf!!
    xoxo Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look very stylish. love all the cozy layers going on here :)

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny to think that it's actually winter in certain parts of the world :)

    Love the combination of colours in your outfit (especially the beige and bordeaux)

    Bold Bliss
    http://boldblissblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great look :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that jacket in the first look, such a perfect basic! :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Burberry scarf looks great with both. I love black & blue together. Also loving that camel and burgundy together. Great outfits Mica.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seriously have the cutest winter style! I want to attempt one of these hates this year. (; So sorry it's so cold there! We are actually experiencing one of our hottest days so far. Crazy to think about right?

    I too have been more into all things flat lately. For the most part I've gotten rid of all of my heels and stuck to very basic wedges, flats, and ankle boots. Comfort is key. (; As well as not falling on your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send some heat our way! So cold here still, can't wait for spring! :)

      Delete
  9. I really like your blue moto-jacket. Layering up is just the best and smart way to dress during the cooler months. I love your Burberry scarf. /Madison
    Quick & Tasty Snacks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mica, you look adorable with the knit hat. LOL I can't help but look at Cooper and thinking he is sporting a full face of beard hahaha :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha he does! He has his winter fur on, we let it grow long to keep him cosy!

      Delete
  11. The coat you're wearing in the first outfit looks nice, Mica.
    Yet the beanie is another part of cuteness you just added in your outfits.

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the beanie works perfect, most important its keeping you warm and I am certain you know that you could never go wrong (at least in my book) with the Burberry scarf.
    Oh and may I say you look sharp in that blue jacket - it really makes your skin glow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really love the cobalt colour! :)

      Delete
  13. Adorable and cozy looks, winter is my most favorite season, I can't wait.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. look at you all ready for the cooler season!! love it! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ready for it to be over, haha! It's been a cold winter!

      Delete
  15. this look is totally fall and i am not ready for it yet!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter here - no choice unless I want to freeze, haha!

      Delete
  16. These are both great Wintery looks. You look adorable in both. Love the beanie and Burberry scarf. You should wear beanies more often. You are cute as a button in it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this scarf and blue jacket. You look very pretty. xx

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dark colored denim is great, and a cashmere scarf makes all the difference in the cold of winter.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that Burberry scarf. Such a chic winter accessory. Isn't taking blog pictures in dead of the winter the worst? I do not miss that...

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I can't imagine doing it in the snow!

      Delete
  20. That hat looks so cosy! I really like the starry top and burgundy trousers combo, it looks stylish yet warm. And enjoying the dog cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the beanie and your scarf! This is a lovely winter look. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a cute winter outfit. You look so warm/cozy, yet stylish <3

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your plaid scarf! such darling looks!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my god. I am going to steal that first outfit as soon as the temperature drops around here!!! I absolutely love beanies and I love both of your outfits with them on!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the blue jacket! What a great color :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love how you add some color to your last look, Mica! Both outfits are really chic and perfect for the office! The booties are a such a match with your coat of the first look and they're more practical and comfy then heels anyway! ;)

    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they certainly are! So glad I bought some flat boots this winter! :)

      Delete
  27. I've always wanted a Burberry scarf like yours! You look adorable in yours!!! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was given this as a gift from a very generous friend, I'm very lucky! :)

      Delete
  28. I love your cute hat and scarf! Two great outfits with booties!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both of these looks are so cute and cozy--that scarf is such a classic piece! I love it mixed with the dots in your first look :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mica, I have handbag envy every week when I read your style posts!! You have the best bags EVER!! Loving the hat too. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you Bron! I do like my handbags :)

      Delete
  31. Love your beanie style - looks so cute and funky on you. And perfect for those winter mornings. And OMG that cobalt jacket is divine xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. That slouchy beanie is so cute on you. I think I've said it before shiraz + you = awesome. xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...