Friday 30 October 2015

Frocktober: Black and Grey Dresses and Bright Accessories

Two more Frocktober outfits, one I wore to the office and the other to work from home. I'm wearing a different dress every day in October to raise funds for Ovarian Cancer Research foundation. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far!

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Second trimester office wear jeanswest floral print wrap dress outfit

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet pink
DressJeanswest floral wrap dress (with pink Supre singlet underneath)
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet

Why I wore it:

I rediscovered this wrap dress in my last pregnancy, so I was looking forward to wearing it again for Frocktober. Felt happy and comfortable in this all day. And I didn't need a jacket, unlike the last time I wore it in winter when I was layered up!

I had been talking with @therawedit on instagram about Balenciaga bags and it reminded me it had been a while since I'd worn my sorbet pink city bag. I pulled it out again and I've enjoyed wearing it the past few days! It's a great way to add some colour to a black and white outfit like this. I added a pink tank under the dress because I was wearing the pink bag.


Last worn: Jeanswest printed wrap dress, pink tank, black ballet flats, Balenciaga sorbet pink city bag.

Other ways to wearJeanswest printed wrap dress without a baby bump, pink tank under a printed top, black ballet flats and a maxi skirtBalenciaga sorbet pink city bag in third trimester.


More wrap dresses under $50:




More skater dresses under $50:






What I wore:

Away From Blue | Petite Blogger Striped Maxi cardigan grey skater dress red skull scarf

Away From Blue | Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey
Jacket: Kmart striped maxi cardigan
ScarfAlexander McQueen red skull-print modal and cashmere-blend scarf
DressAsos grey skater dress (on sale!)
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots (on sale here!)
Bracelets: the usual plus Balenciaga classic double tour bracelet in pearly grey
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey

Why I wore it:

Unlike the day before, it was a bit of a cloudy and rainy morning so an extra layer was needed. I wanted to add some colour with the scarf, although the striped maxi cardi kept me warm enough. Just thought I should add some colour after I swapped out the bright pink Balenciaga city bag for the neutral grey Rebecca Minkoff MAM. It's another bag that hasn't been worn in a while!

I wasn't looking forward to wearing this dress all, but knew I'd have to wear it at some point for the Frocktober challenge.  It's a lovely dress and normally I like it when I wear it, but while I was trying on outfits earlier in the second trimester (when I was still hiding the baby bump) I put this one on, and hated the way it looked with a baby bump. It also didn't hide the bump very well! I made a mental note to wear it on a quiet day where I wouldn't see a lot of people.

But after wearing this to work from home and do the day care drop off / pick up....have to say I really liked the way it felt and sat on the slightly bigger bump. Was really pleased with this outfit in the end, despite thinking I wouldn't enjoy wearing it.


Last worn: red skull scarf, striped maxi cardigan, Asos grey skater dress, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag.

Other ways to wearred skull scarf with navy stripe dress, striped maxi cardigan with skinny jeans, skater dress layered up for winter, black ankle boots in winter with denim, Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag in the office.






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

35 comments:

  1. Dresses are the best for baby bumps! Love your sorbet bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking the second outfit! I undestand maybe the fabric is accentuating the bump perhaps that's why you didn't like it at first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just didn't like where the waist sat in relation to the bump! :)

      Delete
  3. I feel you, dressing the bump can be quite a struggle, especially if you don't want people to see. I didn't share the news at work until I was way into 4 months, and it was a real struggle to hide it...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tricky to hide at work! This time around the bump has definitely announced itself much earlier than last time, haha!

      Delete
  4. both outfits look amazing but i love that very feminine first outfit! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of wrap dresses on people. I have yet to ever find one that's flattering on me. The search must go on! (; Love the scarf with the stripes on that cardigan. You've really killed this style challenge this month. Which is awesome since you are pregnant and dressing the bump is a challenge in itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will find the perfect wrap dress soon! I'm a shortie with a tiny torso so I need the ties to be placed just right or it hits me at a weird spot. I have a few I love to wear though :)

      And yes, dressing the bump has been a challenge - mostly when I outgrown dresses I'd wanted to wear! :)

      Delete
  6. You're almost done with Frocktober ! I cannot believe you pulled through.
    Congrats dear Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorena! Its been tough, but knowing it was fundraising for a great cause has kept me going! :)

      Delete
  7. I am in love with that first dress! IT looks amazing on you! (The second one is great too, obviously, haha)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them both! How come you're trying to hide the baby bump? It's cute :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not trying to hide it any more (impossible to do so in person now!) but was definitely trying to hide it at work in the early days until we felt ready so share our secret with the world. And until I felt mentally ready for all the comments that start flying when you're pregnant, haha.

      Delete
  9. Both of these are adorable but I am especially loving that 2nd look...so so cute!!!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that scarf with the cardigan!!! xo
    http://publiclivessecretrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how you styled both dresses. I love the style and print of the black dress. The booties you wore with the gray dress are so pretty! Have a nice weekend!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both dresses! You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess wrap dresses some really handy during the pregnancy and it is a beautiful dress, black&pink goes great together. Also come on, that grey dress doesn't really show your baby bump as black does and it looks so lovely!
    It is the last day of Frocktober, you made it! Congratulations :) x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't show the bump so much in pics, but it definitely shows it off in person! :) A camera angle can make a lot of difference ;)

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous mommy to be :)
    -Adi xxo
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pop of pink on your bag and the scarf on your neck
    Looking fab babe

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely outfits :) I bet it was great wearing a dress a day, October has soon come and gone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was interesting for sure! It was great to raise so much money for Ovarian Cancer Foundation though!

      Delete
  17. Oh wow, how chic you look in this black one, Mica! Beautiful, curve hugging dress. Love your second styling, it's definitely something I would wear while beeing pregnant as well. Fabulous rocking outfit!

    Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've loved seeing your Frocktober outfits. Are you looking forward to getting back into pants or are you going to stick to continue to "dress" the bump?! You're looking absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie! I'm looking forward to getting back into my maternity jeans - so much!

      Delete
  19. This first dress is so lovely and feminine....and I also like the second look, especially that scarf.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both dresses and looks! And I think the gray dress is flattering on your bump--I'm glad you wore it! Isn't it so weird dressing your body as it grows though? You just never know how stuff is going to fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is! I'd try things on over the weekend for work the next week, then go to put them on and they wouldn't fit, in just a couple of days! It's a fun challenge to have though :)

      Delete
  21. Loving that Jeans West dress. They have some great things in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I buy far too much there, haha!

      Delete
  22. Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that print dress. So gorgeous. You always do a great job mixing prints Mica.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...