Wednesday 29 July 2015

Cosy Cardigan, Skinny Jeans, Boots and a Printed Scarf: Winter SAHM Style Uniform

Since I got this striped wooly cardigan I've been wearing it a lot. While I like my leather jackets, a wash-and-wear option is better around baby. It's a nice piece to wear over jeans to keep me warm in winter. Thought I'd group these outfits together to post and show you two very similar ways to wear a cardigan. Lauren from Exploring My Style is so good at showing how you can wear the same outfit formula multiple times and yet make it look new each time!

This post has one outfit formula (same cardigan, a printed scarf, skinny jeans and boots) and two slightly different outfits.

What I wore:

Red accessories with neutral black grey outfit winter wool cardigan

Red Rebecca Minkoff mini quilted affair cross body bag with neutral outfit
Scarf: red and black skull print scarf
TeeMarc by Marc Jacobs blossom pocket tee in grey
JeansJeanswest prima denim super skinny jeans in absolute black
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff mini quilted affair bag in fire engine red (on sale in blue)

Why I wore it:

This was such a simple but cosy outfit. Black, grey and a little bit of red. Had to run some errands in the morning, and a trip to the doctors for a checkup for baby T in the afternoon. I went with red accessories as the grey tee has a little red floral design on the pocket, you can see it clearer another time I've worn it (with a big baby belly!). Everything gets covered up with layers in the winter!

As I mentioned in my review of the mini affair bag, I don't find this as easy to use as my mini MAC bags, but I'm trying to give it a chance and wear it a little more. I like the shape and the colour!


Last worn: striped cardiganred and black skull scarf, grey Marc Jacobs tee, skinny jeans, ankle bootsRebecca Minkoff mini affair bag.

Other ways to wear: cardigan with blue skinny jeansskull scarf with polka dots, grey tee for a day at the beach, black skinny jeans with a pink top, ankle boots with a maxi skirtred crossbody bag with blue and a maxi skirt.






More cosy cardigans:






What I wore:

Cosy Winter lots of layers outfit skinny jeans boots wool cardigan

Away From Blue Blog | Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere
CardiIzabel London striped waterfall cardigan (C/O)
ScarfStella McCartney heart print scarf
Jumper: Supre knit loose fit jumper in bahamas
JeansJeanswest blue skinny jeans
ShoesAsos Cleo leather boots in tan
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

This looks like overkill, but I assure you all those layers were needed! Single digit temperatures are my least favourite part of winter, and so when the 'Antarctic Vortex' hit I pulled together all my winter woolies to keep me cosy for a morning running errands with baby, followed by playgroup.

I was so thankful when we got to playgroup - they had the heater on warming up the room. While the toddlers did have fun playing with my scarf again, this time I didn't leave it behind!


Last worn: striped cardi (above), Stella McCartney navy scarf, peach knit, skinny jeans, tan leather boots, LV Speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wear: striped cardi with a maxi skirt, heart print scarf with striped skirtpeach knit with leopard print, skinny jeans and a blazer, tan leather boots and a polka dot shift dress, LV Speedy bandouliere with dresses.




Linking up with What I Wore, Whatcha Wearing Wednesday, Pleated Poppy, Wednesday Pants, Oh Hey Girl, Trendy Wednesday, Style Me Weekly, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Should Be Fun, Weekend Link Up today.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

28 comments:

  1. Loving those boots in the second look! I've been looking for a similar pair for so long now

    x- Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardigan looks so cosy! I often struggle to find waterfall cardigans that are stylish but this is perfect. And as you prove, very versatile. Just visited the Izabel London website and they have heaps of nice stuff..... Oh dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love your cardigan! Looks so warm and comfy!
    xoxo Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that cardigan! I can totally see myself wearing that all winter long. I bet it is a nice option with the baby yet it still looks really stylish. I tried to click on it, but I cannot get the link to work. :( I looks great with both outfits.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no, sorry the link doesn't work! I wonder if it's because it's a link to the Australian site and you are in the US? http://www.izabel.com/en/australia/cardigans/striped-waterfall-cardigan/invt/kc52906cn&color=black%20and%20white is the direct link.

      Delete
  5. The scarves are amazing! Loving both - very nice styling.
    I think for getting me a blue one! ty for a link

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how much you reuse pieces of your wardrobe and transform them into completely new looks. It's really inspiring! So sorry it's so cold there. I recall our last Artic Vortex and I know they are not fun...Hoping some warmer weather is on it's way for you guys!

    I'll say it again, I LOVE that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great cardigan! It is getting much warmer around here, which is nice :)

      Delete
  7. I love the first outfit - the bag really adds a pop of color! I'm definitely longing for winter and being able to layer now (we're in summer), but I'll probably be missing summer in a few months!

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you keep your scarf, Mica! Hope the checkup was ok, we have the next one in November. The first outfit is exactly how I like it, black, grey with a pop of color red! Happy you styled my fave cardigan on you, Mica. Beautiful color combo of the second one.
      Ira

      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ira, yep, the checkup went fine! :)

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful and cozy cardigan--I like the heavier and chunkier knits like this. It's gorgeous Mica! <3 /Madison
    Kitchen Tales

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your long cardigan and it has great texture! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a beautiful cardigan! right now where I live, it's waaay too hot! it's pretty cool to see how the fashion is on the other side of the world at the same time :D

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look warm and cozy Mica! I love the print and you can wear it with so many things. I am loving your boots! They look so good.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl that cardigan is everything! I need it in my fall wardrobe. You look as darling as ever!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Recent Post: Lately…

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cardigan is so nice, I can see myself wearing that were the a/c is on too high! lol! And, I'd wear it all winter long. It is such a pretty color and you can't beat stripes.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love! It looks very East Coast to me. <3

    Breakfast at Lizzie's

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cardigan is such a beautiful piece! The fact that it's longer makes it even better in my book, it adds that extra wow factor. Even better that it kept you warm in the cold!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  16. that jacket is perfection. i love it

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Austria, Miami, Beijing...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Still loving this cardigan, it looks so nice with such a diverse range of scarves and the skinny pant! I am now in the market for a pair of blue (as in blue) jeans and sniffed around Jeanswest today, the short length was so perfect, I think I'm going to have to go for it in August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes go for it now #noBuyJuly15 is over! If you wait long enough, they often have sales on too! ;)

      Delete
  18. I really like the cardi, boots and scarf combo!! Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the length of this cardigan! Both great looks!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this cardigan! All the outfits are awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you all for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think i'd be getting a lot of wear from that cozy cardi too - its a great piece.
    You could be wearing pjs underneath and still kick ass in it :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...