Wednesday 5 August 2015

Lazy SAHM Dressing: Printed Pants ~ Same Outfit, Different Prints

Two extremely similar outfits. I felt I hadn't worn my printed jeans in a while, they were overdue a wear. Unlike some of the other posts I've shared with similar outfit formulas, I wore these one day after the other, and I didn't even notice that I'd pretty much worn the same thing until I went to upload the pictures!

So a very unimaginative set of outfits - printed jeans with a jumper and the same jacket, scarf and boots! At least the bags were different I guess? Some days you just want to go with an easy option, and accessories that work with anything you wear are a good choice.

What I wore:

Sass and Bide Printed skinny jeans tan ankle boots skull scarf red jumper leather jacket

Rebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe with printed jeans
SunniesRayban new Wayfarers
JacketJeanswest black leather moto jacket
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal and cashmere skull scarf
Jumper: Chicabooti red fine knit jumper (with Cotton On red singlet underneath)
JeansSass and Bide 'The Archetype' feather print zippora skinnies
ShoesAsos airtime leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagRebecca Minkoff striped coated canvas mini MAC in berry stripe

Why I wore it:

I liked the colours in this outfit, but it was a pain to wear in practice. Definitely an outfit fail. Luckily I didn't have to wear it long - a checkup for baby and then stopping by the shops on the way home to pickup lunch.

These jeans are one of the pairs I bought off ebay post-baby to celebrate fitting back into 'regular' jeans again. They are a little larger than I need right now so they were annoying. Plus while the zipper detail on the hems is awesome to look at, it's not so great when it's rubbing against the top of my ankle boots. It's turned me off these jeans so much they are leaving my wardrobe! They would always need to be belted if I kept them anyway, not too much of a loss.

Leaving My Wardrobe: Sass and Bide Printed Jeans

Away From Blue Blog 1 pair of printed jeans worn 4 ways multi-seasonal
Outfits: one, two, three, four.


Last worn: Ray-Ban wayfarersleather jacket, taupe skull scarf, red knit, Sass and Bide printed zippora jeans, Asos Chelsea Ankle Boots, Rebecca Minkoff canvas stripe mini MAC.

Other ways to wearleather jacket with a printed dress, skull scarf with a printed dress, red knit and blue jeansmy favourite outfit with these printed jeans, ankle boots and black jeans, striped mini MAC and a baby bump.




More printed pants, under $50:






What I wore:

Pink Leopard Print Jeans with ombre grey knit and tan accessories

Pink leopard Print Jeans and Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag in carob brown
JacketJeanswest black leather jacket
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal and cashmere skull scarf
JumperJeanswest 'Serena' ombre knit
Jeans: Portmans pink leopard print skinny jeans
ShoesAsos airtime leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown

Why I wore it:

Unlike the (extremely similar) outfit above, I much preferred these jeans with the ankle boots. I think cuffing them looks better and it definitely feels better to wear. Did result in some cold ankles early in the morning though!

Just a simple outfit for a morning out with DH and baby T running errands and getting lunch. I did wonder if the leopard print and the ombre would be too much together at first, but I'm glad I tried it anyway as I think it looks good.


Last worn:leather jacket (above) skull scarf (above), ombre knit, leopard print jeans, Chelsea boots (above), Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran.

Other ways to wear: leather jacket with a dressscarf with a maxi skirtombre knit at 40 weeks pregnant, pink leopard print jeans with a grey tee, Chelsea boots and a maxi skirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran and a little red dress.





Linking up with Style Me Weekly, What I Wore, Pleated Poppy, Oh Hey Girl, The Wednesday Pants, Trendy Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion Friday, Feature Friday today.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

42 comments:

  1. Those last jeans are amazing! Nice combinations, darling.
    x Angela // bouncing-brunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pink trousers! perfect!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you styled the pants-- so cool.
    I love your pink pants too--so pretty

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im not such a huge fan of printed jeans, but just because its really hard to style such piece. However, your outfits which you've created look effortlessly chic and cost, what can i say except I love the way you look!)))
    Have a blessed day, dear:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra! I used to think they would be tricky to wear but I've managed to wear them quite a bit! I think I've been a little more adventurous with prints lately :)

      Delete
  5. I only own two pair of printed jeans both being a blue base with white print. One polka dot and one patterned. While I think I could wear them more, I have issues pairing them with tops and not letting them look busy? If that makes any sense. I really lack solids in my wardrobe because I'm such a prints person! I've really been keeping that in mind when I make fall purchases. (:

    You really make me want to try more printed pants! Sad those have to go, but it's always good to get rid of clothes when they are too big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have much more printed tops than solid tops too, I know what you mean! I think stripes would look great with both pants though! I remember hunting for yet never finding the perfect pair of polka dot jeans...I still admire them on others, but haven't find mine yet!

      It is much better to get rid of them, plus they were a crazy bargain on ebay so I'm ebaying them again and will probably not lose out on too much for having them a year or so :)

      Delete
  6. Printed jeans are always a fun foundation for a look! I only have a couple left in my closet but I used to have a large amount, ha ha :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's true! These are like my last two, and now I'm getting rid of them, I'll have just one pair left! I used to have so many also!

      Delete
  7. I have always loved that ombre sweater of yours, with the printed pink jeans, they look fabulous! Gray and pink are such a great combination!! Also the first one is screaming rocker chic!! Love it the most among all the outfits with the same jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought a pair of printed pants and I'm so excited to wear them! Stopping by from the Oh Hey Girl linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I could give you some ideas for how to wear your new pants! :)

      Delete
  9. Love both of these looks--especially those Sass & Bide printed jeans! I think the print on the two pairs is different enough that it doesn't look like you wore the same thing--and hey, if something works, it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Nothing wrong with repeating a winning outfit formula now and then! :)

      Delete
  10. Printed denim is the best. I love the look of both of the pants. The softer pink is gorgeous and I love the brown scarf with it :) You look stunning doll x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rockin Mama! Mica, you look so good! I love both prints and they look great with jackets & scarves. Very cool look!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo glad the pink leopard print jeans are a keeper, as opposed to the other pair... I like them soooo much!! :o)


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Long Weekend: Annapolis, Maryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty awesome jeans - you don't see many around! :)

      Delete
  13. Yep, same outfits, Mica. :)
    But I'm amazed how creative you did to wear them differently awesome!
    I love the bags of course, and that pink pants :)

    xoxo
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool jeanse, especially the seconde ones! I can't find my ideal printed pants but the pink ones look as the best piece :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tricky finding the perfect pair of printed pants sometimes! :)

      Delete
  15. You look adorable, Mica! I LOVE how you styled both looks with a leather jacket, definitely how I would wear printed jeans too. The pink leopard ones are too cute! :)
    Have a wonderful day, lovely mommy!

    xoxo Ira
    JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate the feel of ankle zips in boots! Arggh, it drives me crazy, and if they are too big as well, nope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just too much nope in that outfit! the pants are gone! No time for anything that makes me feel uncomfortable when I wear it, haha!

      Delete
  17. I'm always wearing same outfits with different prints; crops and leggings mostly and I just alter the type of top or bottom I wear. It's super convenient! Hahah, anyway, I love your both your printed jeans! I wish I could wear printed bottoms well, but them and I, we just don't mix, hahaha.

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you find something that works, it makes sense to stick to it IMHO :)

      Delete
  18. It's a shame about the first pair of pants, I really like the pattern. And the mix with the striped back. The 2nd look is just fab with the leo pattern, the ombre sweater and the biker jacket.

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great print, but not worth keeping if they aren't comfortable to wear. They had a good run :)

      Delete
  19. Such fun printed jeans! I think the pink leopard print ones are my absolute fave and you styled them so, so well!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the idea of printed pants. Totally mixes up the conventional printed top and plain pants style. These outfits look great, very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the pants in the first pictures!

    Lauren | Disco Daydream

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look super cute no matter what, but isn't it tough to toss an item you once loved so much? Or you LOVED the idea of it?? I hate doing that but I have gotten so much better at tossing things i don't 100% LOVE!!! That book about the Konmari (??) method or whatever is all about - "does it bring you joy??" If not, toss it! Good for you! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it gets easier to toss the more you toss, but it's hard to get to that ruthless point where you can really get rid of things without feeling bad. I need to downsize my wardrobe so if I get rid of things that aren't quite right then I can keep the loved pieces, it balances out well! :)

      Delete
  23. Cute outfits. Loving all the prints.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fun printed pants!!! Nothing wrong with repeating something that works!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm sad to see those patterned pants leaving the wardrobe but there is no point keeping something if it irritates you or doesn't fit well. Good call. Bron x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Better to ditch the stuff that doesn't work and create more opportunities to wear what does work.

      Delete
  26. I love how easy printed pants are!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh can't wait to see your Marc Jacobs bag! I love mine, especially my fran bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your leather jacket is so lovely! It goes perfectly with your cozy sweaters.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...