Wednesday 16 December 2015

Plain Maxi Dresses in the Second Trimester - Christmas Outfit Ideas Under $100

First up, Shopbop are having an extra 25% off sale items, and some of the things I've featured in my Gift Guides are on sale! Just use code 'BONUS25', for 3 days only!


As I've mentioned before, the summer heat and humidity in Brisbane along with a growing baby bump has meant that I'm reaching for dresses as a nice comfortable and cool maternity option. And you can never go wrong with a maxi dress!


What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Mothers En Vogue Iris orchid pink Havana maxi dress with purple bag second trimester

AwayFromTheBlue | Rebecca Minkoff plum purple mini MAB tote with pink maxi dress
NecklaceJeanswest Taki necklace (C/O) layered with Tai gold alphabet necklace
DressMEV Havana maxi dress C/O Zibibo
Belt: C/O Poppywinkle brown weave belt
ShoesIkwetta 'Circles of life' sandals (C/O)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (also love this metallic one!)

Why I wore it:

This dress was one of my favourite maternity items in my last pregnancy, but it's taken me a while to get around to wearing it this time! While I did wear it a little post-pregnancy (it's a nursing dress too) it had been packed away with the rest of my maternity clothes and after unpacking it I had been waiting for the perfect occasion. I had been planning to wear it to toddler T's playgroup Christmas party for a while. Was the best thing to wear on such a hot day.

The only thing I didn't like about this outfit was the belt - I really wished I'd worn a different one. With an inquisitive toddler who loves to pull out all my accessories I've had to move my belts up to the top of the wardrobe and I didn't have time to rummage through the box and grab the one I wanted as we were running late. Just went with the first one I saw.

If you remember last time I wore this necklace it had a few more strands - the best feature about this necklace is that you can separate the pieces and wear it together or wear it separately. For less than $50 it's a great gift idea too!


Last worn: Ray-ban Wyafarers (above), pink MEV Havana maxi dressbraided beltIkwetta sandalspurple Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag.

Other ways to wearmaxi dress layered up for winter without a baby bumpbraided belt and a printed shirt dressIkwetta sandals and skinny jeansRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag and a boho printed dress.



Plain maxi dresses under $100: (for before, during, or after pregnancy)




Plain doesn't have to mean boring - a block colour maxi dress is a beautifully simple outfit.


Nursing maxi dresses under $100: (perfect for breastfeeding as well as pregnancy)






What I wore:

AwayFromBlue | Jeanswest Black halter neck maxi dress red singlet modest second trimester outfit

Away From The Blue | Rebecca Minkoff mini quilted affair bag in fire engine red
NecklaceDogeared 3 Wishes stardust bead necklace layered with Dogeared silver wishbone necklace
Dress: thrifted black Jeanswest halterneck maxi dress
Shoes: Wittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus beaded neon and gold and black and gold bracelet set
BagRebecca Minkoff mini quilted affair bag in fire engine red (on sale in burgundy or on sale in pink)

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a busy day. We spent the morning braving the local Westfield gift shopping, crossing a few more gifts off our lists. Then I popped into the city to meet Rachel from A Nesting Nomad. It was great catching up with her and her hubby briefly while she was in the country! After having afternoon tea with them though I was still a bit full when we had dinner with the in-laws in the evening.

Red and black seemed like a nice colour combination, and it gave me an excuse to wear my quilted Rebecca Minkoff mini affair bag that hasn't been getting worn lately.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, red singlet, black maxi dress, studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff mini affair bag.

Other ways to wearred singlet and skinny jeans, black maxi dress layered for winter, studded sandals and a wrap dress, Rebecca Minkoff mini affair bag and a navy shirt dress.


Linking up with Pleated Poppy, Fresh Fashion, Style Me Wednesday, Oh Hey Girl, Throwback Thursday, Fashion Files, Fun Fashion, Fabulous Friday.


This post was created in partnership with Shopbop. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

48 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in those dresses! So well put together!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing doll! I love maxi dresses :) These two look stunning on you x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your round belly is getting bigger. You are so cute and cosy in these maxis. The bright pink is a lovely color, Mica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's wonderful to see the baby belly growing every day :)

      Delete
  4. Your purple dress is so pretty. I do remember it from last time, and I like the hem. Love that red RM bag!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot of wear from it last time, I'm sure I will this time around as well! :)

      Delete
  5. Such lovely dresses, Mica! I'm swooning over the first one because that orchid color is one of my favorites and looks fantastic on you! I'm also loving that orange Rebecca Minkoff purse in the second look.

    Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and you are so right, you can never go wrong with a maxi dress; they're just so comfy and easy to style around!

    I hope you're having a lovely start to your day :)

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty dear! Both these dresses look great on you :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even notice the belt in the first photo until you mentioned it. I can see how that would have been annoying. Those necklaces are so cool! Like having multiple necklaces in one! I remember you talking about them once before. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes the belt is kinda hidden between the giant pregnancy boobs and belly....ha!

      Delete
  8. Yay I thought that outfit looked familiar! It was so great to meet you, thanks again for your hospitality. We felt pretty full for the rest of the day too, to be honest! But of course we did manage to stuff down some dinner before the gig :)

    I really like the pleating at the bottom of the purple dress, it's unexpected but looks so pretty. I don't really like tiered maxi dresses, but that's sort of like all the tiers right at the bottom. Anyway... I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful to meet you, thank you for making time for it! I hope that you had a lovely night and enjoyed some of the awesome food at the venue! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, I bet it must not be the most comfortable season for being pregnant ;) But you still managed to look beautiful in both dresses. The color of the first one is simply gorgeous, and in the second one I love how you added a pop of color with that cute orange bag. <3
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not the most comfortable,but at least it makes dressing easy, haha!

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful dress! I love the color! Congratulations on your pregnancy. You look amazing!

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purple dress is so pretty and also your colour combination is fab! Looks like your dog learnt how to pose too :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes sometimes he will sit perfectly for a photo!

      Delete
  12. Love the first outfit most! Well, maybe because of the color purple hihi. BTW, you're a blooming lovely mama, Mica! Take care!

    Xoxo,
    Jhem | JhemSays.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the colour of the fuchsia dress and the ruffles at the bottom give it that little touch of fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been loving how you're rocking maxi dresses throughout your pregnancy. I will definitely be wearing these myself too!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a glowing and happy mom-to-be!!! gorgeous maxis!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dresses are lovely on you and you suit that pink one! I just love these photos :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That magenta dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you. It fits you beautifully, it's so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was just about to say how I feel for you being pregnant during summer when I noticed the comment above! Gosh, I don't even know how you manage but I have a feeling you're a little bit of a sun-bunny and thrive! Maxi dresses are definitely your best friend during the heat, effortless and look chic without trying.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's easy to find cool things to wear in the heat, I've had a bit of practice with it now haha! Can't imagine trying to find layers to fit over a bump for the cold weather!

      Delete
  19. So cute dear.

    http://facetiouslywind.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the first dress
    You look so pretty on it with matching bag color

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely outfits as always, dear! I adore the first dress, the colour looks so feminine and vibrant! <3 I actually think that the belt looks quite good, as well! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would so much rather be pregnant in the warmer months! Maxi dresses are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make pregnancy dressing easy! :)

      Delete
  23. love that fuschia color on you. gorgeous. glad you're keeping cool in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so great!! Glowing in your 2nd trimester!! Love the color of that pink maxi dress... and I like your jewelry layering!!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Beautiful Holiday

    ReplyDelete
  25. love them both. But I think the pink one is my favorite. You look really cute
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  26. The first dress is a stunning colour on you Mica and I love that necklace with it.
    And great accessories with the second dress. I love wearing lots of thin bracelets for colour.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like both dresses, Mica. If I ever have kids I'm totally going to dress like you :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think pink suits you very well! Very lovely colour and cheerful vibe! Sometimes, I don't like wearing the belt too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. especially love the color of the first dress and great pairing with the bag!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  30. You look so pretty! Love the color in the first dress!

    ReplyDelete
  31. you look lovely in both of these maxi dresses....fantastic maternity looks.

    ...that purple maxi dress is totally gorgeous!!!
    I really like how you accessoried that second maxi dress with that orange bag and all those bracelets...

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  32. You always wear maxi dress so well!

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and have a wonderful holiday season. See you in 2016!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are both such fun, colorful looks! I love the shades of pink and purple in your first look, and the pops of orange in your second. Gorgeous, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oooh! You went to tea! I love afternoon teas :D Both dresses looked great on you. As you know, I love maxi dresses and skirts.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...