Friday 8 July 2016

Two Ways To Wear: Chambray Maxi Skirt in Winter

Back in April, Beth over at Almost Posh blogged about a beautiful chambray maxi skirt. I fell in love with everything about it except the price. I added it to my Iconic wishlist anyway and waited for a sale. 2 months later it finally went on sale and I had an extra % off discount code so it was the perfect time to buy!

What I wore:

Blue chambray maxi skirt pink and purple accessories | Away From Blue

Mulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey and chambray maxi skirt | AwayFromTheBlue
JacketJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal skull scarf in white/pink (on sale in black and white!)
TopDorothy Perkins 3/4 sleeve wrap top (new purchase, on sale!)
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt (new purchase, on sale!)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white (on sale in red!)
BagMulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey

Why I wore it:

Sine The Iconic share measurements for most of their items, I knew this skirt would be too long for my petite self. However when I got it I was pleased to find I could wear it right away...just by pulling it up super high. The elasticated waist helped! Felt really happy in this all day, and cosy for a morning at playgroup with the boys. The wrap top is a new purchase too, although the wrapped portions are held together with a stitch you can open it up below there so it's easy to breastfeed in.


Last worn: purple cardigan, skull scarf, Converse, Mulberry Alexa. First time I've worn the wrap top and chambray skirt as they are new purchases.

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and a black outfit, skull scarf and stripes, Converse and denim shorts, Mulberry Alexa and a maxi dress


More denim maxi skirts:





I might be doing #noBuyJuly16 and avoiding the sales, but there are some great bargains to be had in the final reductions at a few places:




What I wore:

Noisy May Chambray maxi skirt striped tee grey cardi purple accessories | Away From Blue

Mulberry Foggy Grey Alexa Satchel handheld | Away From Blue
SunniesRay-Ban new Wayfarers (30% off at Nordstrom!)
Jacket: Paper Scissors grey wrap cardigan
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs mauve square scarf
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt (on sale!)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats (on sale!)
BagMulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey

Why I wore it:

I liked the pink and purple the first time I wore this maxi skirt, so decided to wear it with purple again. Blue and purple is one of those colour combinations I love to wear.

I didn't like this outfit as much as the first one though. It had been raining early in the morning and so when we hopped out the car at the post office I stepped right in a puddle, wetting the hem of the skirt. It just dragged the skirt down to my waist again, making it much too long. By the time we'd arrived at the ABA group catch up I was regretting my decision to wear this without belting it in place or without getting it hemmed first.


As it's the second time I've worn this skirt, my purchase review:
I adore this skirt. So much that I wore it twice before getting it hemmed as I was too eager to wear it!
Once I find a new tailor to hem this skirt it will get worn a lot more often - it really is perfect in every way except the length. It has pockets! Even with the cost of a tailor it's still a pretty affordable skirt, and I did know I'd need to get it taken up so I'm happy with this purchase.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, grey cardigan, purple scarf, striped tee, chambray maxi skirt (above), ballet flats, Mulberry Alexa (above).

Other ways to weargrey cardigan and flares, purple scarf and skinny jeans, striped tee with orange, ballet flats and skinny jeans, Mulberry Alexa and denim shorts.








Linking up with Passion for Fashion, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Let It Shine, Shoe & Tell, Hello Monday, Modest Monday, Mums That Slay.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

55 comments:

  1. IT HAS POCKETS TOO?!!? What a bonus! I'm so glad to see it on you, it looks even better in real life than on the model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! And yes, pockets are the best! Makes up for the incredibly long length!

      Delete
  2. Wow, love the boho vibe that you got! Great outfit and I love your skirt

    http://www.lauramacij.com/2016/07/in-mood-for-wine.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that it has pockets really makes me want this skirt! If it's super long I wonder whether it might be long enough for me? This looks like a skirt you could wear in all seasons, definitely a plus point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pockets are awesome! :) Check the measurements on the site for your size - I think it would be perfect for you! I had to have a LOT taken off.

      Delete
  4. Love both of these looks, the skirt is great! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bag
    http://www.yukovablog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand that you didn't feel as good in it, but I preferred the second outfit by looks.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did really like the stripes with it - something I'll try again for sure! :)

      Delete
  7. That looks so cute and like the others commented, the fact that it has pockets just sold it to me!

    xx, Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pockets are such a great addition to clothes!

      Delete
  8. I haven't seen a chambray maxi before, but like all other things chambray, I love it! I actually like the 2nd look the best--maybe it's the stripes, you know I'm obsessed :) And the color of that scarf is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for any bottoms with pockets. Never tried a chambray skirt, but I can imagine how lightweight it is for summer. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same problems with skirts and dresses - with me being short, long bottoms almost always have to be hemmed (or hiked up to my waist) but it does looks super cute. I really like the denim look!

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's tricky being petite as most maxi lengths are too long! I just couldn't resist this despite the length!

      Delete
  11. I have a very similar chambray maxi skirt, that buttons down the front, and I love it. They are really comfy and easy to wear, although as you note, puddles are a hazard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your skirt - it made me more eager to grab this one when it went on sale :)

      Delete
  12. I haven't worn maxi skirt of dress since forever but looking at how gorgeous you look in that skirt makes me want to wear one when I head out later! I have no idea how you can avoid sales, I'm like a moth to the flame whenever I see the word sale. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes #noBuyJuly16 is a good exercise for me to avoid sales!

      Delete
  13. I love anything with pockets, although I'd definitely need a tailor because without one, I wouldn't just have a long hem, I'd have a train! I'm so vertically challenged, I wonder if I can ever wear maxi anything! Even pre hemmed, this skirt looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I'm petite too, a good tailor is an essential!

      Delete
  14. What a cute outfit! I honestly don't wear maxi dresses often because I'm short and they end up being too long :( but this looks so great one you that I want to start wearing them!

    Let's Talk Lattés

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great to wear! But I definitely recommend hemming them first, or buying petite lengths! :)

      Delete
  15. Cambray and pockets is a match made in fashion utopia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think maxi skirts are gorgeous, but I can see how they would get a little impractical especially in rainy weather! :) I do think you styled it beautifully in both outfits, the first one especially is super pretty. :) Thanks for sharing hun, and your puppy always makes me smile! :D x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if this had been hemmed it wouldn't have been too bad...but will be keeping it for drier days for sure!

      Delete
  17. The chambray skirt looks like a great staple! Love how you styled this. And I love your Mulberry!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that Mulberry bag! You have an amazing bag collection <3

    Angelie // Avon Illuminating Face Pearls Review

    ReplyDelete
  19. The top and skirt in the first one seem made for each other and almost look like a dress! Love this skirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very beautiful your outfit with the chambray maxi skirt! Unfortunately my husband doesn't like it when I wear such skirts ...
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully he lets you wear them now and then! haha! I'm lucky hubby doesnt' really mind what I wear :)

      Delete
  21. I love your second outfit, the color of that scarf is so pretty!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love a skirt with pockets! They always win me over! This skirt looks really versatile although I am a sucker for chambray with stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes pockets are always a selling point for me! :)

      Delete
  23. Never thought to wear a maxi skirt in winter! i LOVE this look!! So pretty!

    Darriyan xx
    www.darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to wear most of my wardrobe year-round :)

      Delete
  24. longgg skirts are my life!! I can hardly find the right length!! Smart trick you did there! I love both looks!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm loving your Mulberry bag! That's so cute! Really glad to be back and catching up on everyone's blogs. This is what I call a classic Mica outfit :D I love your style :)

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks - I do love my maxi skirts! :)

      Delete
  26. Mulberry bags are always so cute and chic, love how you styled it with your long skirts! If I wore a maxi skirt I need some heels because I'm so short, but I'd love to wear them out more often!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a good tailor is an essential if you're petite like me! :)

      Delete
  27. Mica, you nailed the chambray on chambray look in the first outfit! I The second looks is super cute too!! Switch out the skirt for a pair of jeans and the striped tee with the grey cardi would be majorly casual, cute!!


    Amber
    All the Cute 🎀

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love a skirt with pockets. It looks great. Want one now! #mumsthatslay

    ReplyDelete
  29. Puddles man! They ruin the fun! haha Puddles, snow, anything wet on the ground really, is the entire reason I only wear skinny jeans. I hate that heavy feeling a bootcut or flare can feel as it's dragging you down. Silly, I know, but it's just something I remember from my teens. Especially since I have super short legs! This is a very pretty skirt. Not one I would have jumped at had I not seen it styled on someone else first! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I remember the super long flares and the wet, wet hems...it's not a pleasant feeling! Hopefully now it's tailored it won't be an issue :)

      Delete
  30. What a cute skirt. I like the second look super cute. xo~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  31. You got a great deal Mica! I love the second outfit! The skirt is full and the sleek top looks great over it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great, great skirt Mica...
    and wow: pockets and chambray ?!
    It cannot get any better.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both looks are lovely, but my favorite is definitely the second one. I just love everything that has stripes!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ah your chambray maxi skirt is such a nice alternative to wearing jeans! Cool how it goes with any colour s

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would have thought a denim look maxi skirt would look too heavy, but you make it look really fluid. Such a great alternative to jeans and pockets are a must!! Thanks for joining up on #MumsThatSlay this week Yvadney x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely lightweight chambray, so easy to wear :)

      Delete
  36. Thank you all for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...