Monday 19 September 2016

Leopard Print Scarves, Skinny Jeans and Plum Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAB Tote Bag

As it's spring now in Brisbane I'm aware that I'm not going to have a lot of opportunities to continue to wear my scarves. While I love scarves I do find them tricky to wear year-round, especially with the high humidity. I'm enjoying wearing my big blanket scarves for the moment while it hasn't fully warmed up yet.

What I wore:

skinny jeans, striped henley and purple accessories: spring SAHM style easy denim outfit | AwayFromBlue

Bracelet Stack: Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch plum purple mini MAB tote bag Rebecca Minkoff | AwayFromTheBlue
Scarf: Sportsgirl animal scarf in violet
Top Jeanswest 'Marina' stripe henley
JeansJeanswest 'shale' super skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs black logo plaque ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch C/O JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pastel and on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

The style challenge for the day I wore this was "this is what I found" and I had been hunting for my bright purple jeans. While pregnant last year, we boxed up a lot of things to empty our house a little in preparation for selling it. I figured I wouldn't need my pre-pregnancy clothes for a while so packed a lot of them away with no particular organisation. Since we didn't get our perfect house and house-hunting still hasn't gotten us anywhere, I'm a bit unsure where everything is! I didn't find the bright purple jeans I was looking for but I did find this grey pair with a bit of a purple tint.

Since I still felt like wearing purple I grabbed the purple leopard print scarf and Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag for accessories. I really liked this outfit in the end! Even though it wasn't what I had in mind at first I really enjoyed wearing it. I've worn the jeans and top together before too.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, leopard print scarf, striped henley, grey skinny jeans, black ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB tote.

Other ways to wearleopard print scarf and leather jacket, striped henley and printed shorts, grey skinny jeans in the office, black ballet flats and flared jeans, Rebecca Minkoff purple mini MAB tote and a pink maxi dress.


Sale Alert! 



Jeanswest ship internationally and as well as some lighter pieces on sale they have a lot of fall-appropriate things for my northern hemisphere readers! :)




What I wore:

Blue leopard print scarf navy tank skinny jeans with purple cardigan and mini MAB tote bag | Away From Blue

Faux fur pom pom charm on Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum | Away From The Blue
JacketJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
ScarfCotton On animal print scarf in blue
TopMEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O Zibibo
JeansJeanswest Super Skinny Jeans in Mid Indigo
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats (on sale in black or silver!)
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum (on sale in pink!)

Why I wore it:

This is what I wore to venture out of the house for the first time in a couple days after the boys and I were recovered from the flu! I went into the city with the boys to visit a friend and stop by my office to see some colleagues. Afterwards I had a wonderful chat with a new friend.

If you've followed along on my blog (or twitter) for a while you'll know I volunteer at Life.Church, an online church. My team leader got in touch to say that she had a friend who also works at Church Online who has a niece that's visiting Australia. Since the niece was in Brisbane and the boys and I were feeling better and up to meeting people I emailed her and we had the chance to talk over coffee.

The funniest thing about catching up with this relative of a friend of a friend was how perfectly timed it all was. I'm not sure what God had in mind for our meeting but I really enjoyed it, and we kept marvelling over the way things worked out.

  • I'd never usually meet up with a stranger, especially with the boys tagging along, but I was in the city that day anyway dropping by the office so it made sense to meet.
  • If it had been a few days earlier I would have been too sick to catch up. 
  • While we were talking a little about where she was staying I realised I'd checked out a house in that street - she had just moved and was living 5 minutes from us! It meant I could have her round for dinner before she left that weekend for a newly accepted au-pair job in Sydney. 
  • Her new job requires her to look after a little boy around the same age as toddler T, so she could prep a little by playing with him. 
  • When organising dinner I mentioned one of my food allergies - she has the exact same one and (like me) hadn't met anyone with it in person before! 

While she's left Brisbane now, she's got a few people in Sydney from Church Online to catch up with too.

Being able to meet with someone from Arizona I'd never know about if it wasn't for my friend at Church Online, and to have so many things happen just the right way for us to connect blew my mind a little! I'm so grateful for my church. I can't wait to see what God does in my new friends life during her Australian trip.


Last worn: purple cardiganblue leopard print scarf, navy breastfeeding tank, skinny jeans, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag (above).

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and maxi dressleopard print scarf and a white top, navy breastfeeding tank and a baby bump, skinny jeans and a trench coat, gold mouse flats in the office, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag and denim shorts.



Don't forget to enter the giveaways I have running! Enter to win $100 for a JORD Wood watch or $50 for that baby/toddler essential, diapers. They end this week!


Linking up with Mix it Monday, Turning Heads, On Trend, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, Wardrobe Wednesday, Midweek Inspo, What I Wore, Fresh Fashion.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

85 comments:

  1. Amazing looks, love the plum colour leopard print scarf!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forever swooning over this bag!!! LOVE that first outfit the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the mix of purples and prints in the first outfit!
    Carylee | http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe people are crossing our path for some reasons. Sometimes it really feels like it was mean to be (like in your case). It was the same when I met my husband, the chances that we met in this lifetime were so small! He is from Canada and I'm from France and we met in China!
    I love your big scarves, I used to wear scarves a lot in France but since I live in India I can't it's way too hot!
    Enjoy spring season!
    xx
    Aurelie | http://www.surface85.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow you must have such a great love story! Incredible you met each other :) Some things do just seem meant to be.

      Delete
  5. Oh no, well you'll probably find those pants when you least expect to. I like the addition of a scarf. It totally spiced up the look. Lovely bag and pictures.

    http://fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love a leopard print scarf.. I have one i pull out every autumn and it gets so much wear. Yours looks great!
    Wishing you a fab week! Rxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leopard print scarves are a great accessory!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You know I love your bag collection, this is no exception, love the rich purple. You really look great in these skinny jeans I love both pairs. This Jord watch I think, is the favorite in my collection too. The purple leopard is a nice twist!! Enjoy the week. xx
    jess x
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the best collection of scarves, and I love that bag! How cool to meet up and have the connection through church.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's pretty awesome how we managed to catch up! :)

      Delete
  9. Mica, your meeting with that lady was so amazing and no accident. I truly believe God introduces us to people for specific reasons. Keep in touch with her. Scarves look so good on you Mica! I am all over that first outfit! I love the mix of purple and grey. It's so beautiful. I have a purple skirt and have been thumped as to what to pair it with. Your outfit is giving me some ideas. I need a pair of grey jeans in my life. HAHAHA
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm definitely keeping in touch with her, it's funny how everything worked out just so. Glad to give you some outfit ideas too!

      Delete
  10. Scarfs have been a necessity for me this winter and autumn, I will be sad to see them go!

    Kez | acaciasdreams.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes always sad packing them away, but nice to enjoy warmer weather too! :)

      Delete
  11. Such great casual outfits. I especially love the color the first one. Great bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those purple jeans are great! I love the greyish purple color and the way you styled that look really plays up all the purple tones without being OTT. Funny how the timing of things works out sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you accessorize your outfits:) Those scarves add the perfect touch IMO. And that's great to hear how you get to meet someone like that and just connect, you know? It's meant to be:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color of those first jeans! I can aaaaalmost start layering like that, haha
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty outfit you look super great! c:

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these big scarves! Gorgeous colors, too.

    Mary
    www.marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both great looking scarves. And, we are finally going to be able to wear them soon in the coming weeks, so I'm excited. It's so nice to hear that all worked out with your meeting and good fellowship with a new friend from Arizona. Things always happen for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's interesting seeing how everything was just perfect to catch up!

      Delete
  18. I love both outfits and both scarves! Wear your pretty scarves while you can! :-)

    I became a bit addicted in spring/early summer to neck scarves since they are small and light and don't add a lot of warmth...

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could pull off the neck scarf look!

      Delete
  19. I totally love your first look! Also, I love how your scarf and bag are matching <3 You look beautiful as always, Mica! :) Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The first look is my favorite! I am a huge fan of animal print and stripe mix. Isn't that the cutest little bag? It's a beautiful color :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the purple jeans and your spring scarfs! Fingers crossed something turns up in your house hunt!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's tricky to find the perfect place but the wait will be worth it.

      Delete
  22. I know that feeling of putting clothes away and then not being sure where they are! Hope you find your purple pants soon but in the meantime I really love that purple purse!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you! I did find them in the end! :)

      Delete
  23. The meetup story sounds amazing. Such a lucky coincidence, and how well everything worked together. I wish her all the best for her au-pair job.
    And still no progress on the house hunting front? Oh well, at least you don't have to move with a newborn.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, silver lining there, moving with a newborn would not have been fun - as you know from experience, ha!

      Delete
  24. I really like that second look for stepping out of the house after the flu.
    The big scarf totally wraps this great look.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Girlie you are looking amazing!!

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mica, I'm seriously swooning over both outfits! I have a scarf so similar to the one your first outfit and I've never paired with with my MK bag this is nearly the same color as your RM one, but will certainly be doing so now! I'm a Christian as well and believe that God orchestrates everything in His perfect timing and it's always amazing to see all unfold! I'm so glad you were able to meet up with your friend's relative, I'm sure that made her visit to Australia that much more exciting and meaningful! Thanks so much for the inspiration, beautiful, and I hope you're having the best start to your week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey so glad I was able to give you some inspiration with your scarf and bag! :) It is wonderful to see how everything worked out to meet up with my new friend! Will be interesting to see God's plan for her time in Australia!

      Delete
  27. This is such a great combo!! Very cute! :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cool you got to meet that girl from Arizona, funny how sometimes everything comes together...you know the older I get, the less I believe in coincedences...really! Good luck to her on her new job and how sweet she could prepare for it by playing with your boy.

    Sorry to hear about the house hunting problems. My husband and I are working on a new house, construction is under progress and it is so much work, it's crazy! but I'm sure it will all be worth it...eventually...I'm stressed in advance because of the upcoming move.

    I do like your first outfit...purple perfection! Those purple jeans are so cute...and they're paired wonderfully with that scarf and bag.

    The second outfit is also very stylish. YOu look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh building your own house has it's own set of challenges! We have been looking at that too.

      Delete
  29. Super cute! I love the scarves you chose! So glad you and your boys are feeling better!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  30. Isn't it weird how you can sometimes just click with a stranger? Life is wonderful that way and what a coincidence that you both have the same allergy!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was great to meet someone so friendly and nice to talk to - had a lot of fun! :)

      Delete
  31. You have such a great collection of scarves, and I'm loving the mini MAB tote :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love these purple themed outfits! The colour looks lovely on you, especially in the first outfit. You may not have found your bright purple jeans but the ones you are wearing are gorgeous!! Super lovely. :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look good, not a bad replacement! :)

      Delete
  33. That scarf looks so cozy and warm. I can't wait for it to finally get cold here!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. That tote bag looks like such a stunning color!!!! Love it :D

    xx SofiaaDot
    sofiaadot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Haha I love that you're squeezing out every opportunity to wear your scarves! I really need to make a conscious effort to remember to wear mine. Thankfully we're heading into fall here in the States, so I'll have the opportunity to do so. Thanks for the reminder ;)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes you'll be wearing nothing but scarves and layers soon! :)

      Delete
  36. Awww that was so nice of you to show them around. I can only imagine how appreciative they would be have been. Regarding your outfit, gosh, that RM bag is so gorgeous, if it had cheeks I'd want to pinch them! I love the first outfit, the different shades of purple work so well together. I'm feeling inspired to include some purple into my own wardrobe now.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it's nice to have a friendly face in a strange country, and I really enjoyed catching up and hearing her stories - she's travelled so much!

      Delete
  37. Oh how fun and yes, the Lord works in mysterious ways...glad you got to meet up with her!! Love your outfits here. That purple bag is beautiful!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the bag, what a great colour!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look so cute here, lady! Love all the purple!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jess xx ( i commented earlier)
    thanks for linking up with Turning heads tuesday
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. How do you get to have your hair looking always polished like that? Anyway, I love the bag!

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I got some new straighteners for Christmas, I like straightening my hair as it lasts a couple of days and saves me time in the mornings!

      Delete
  42. I love the pop of colour with your bag, it really adds a a fun vibe to the outfit!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am a huge fan of scarves, especially biig ones!
    I love the first one, the color adds so much to the whole look!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I especially like the first outfit with the mix of patterns and that gorgeous purple bag! It's such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love that color! :)
    https://outfitsandmakeupblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/16/layering-tips-for-fall-autumn-lookbook/

    ReplyDelete
  46. I adore Jord watches, Both looks here are so good, you look great!
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love those dusty purple jeans, I've seriously been searching for some similar for ages! So glad you found them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great colour- don't see much of this around!

      Delete
  48. I love the shade of purple that bag is in!! Flawless looks, babe!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love the both outfits! so comfy and stylish!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. It's still plenty cold enough for scarves down here . . . feels like winter will never ever ever end! As usual, cute outfits both and I like the pops of both scarfy colours. Also love that good timings meant you got to meet a new friend. Sometimes everything just falls into place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's nice when things work out! :) Hopefully the spring weather hangs around for us all soon, the weather's been so weird lately!

      Delete
  51. Fun combination of prints! Have a great day!

    X Sandra

    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. There was a time when I was a big scarf girl but the weather here in the Philippines doesn't seem to be cooperating. xD


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. love this bag! so beautiful color!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. And obviously your bag here is a dream! So happy we are twins!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  55. As it's warming up for you, it's cooling down for me and I CANT WAIT to wear my blanket scarves! haha I love the purple and grey. Actually a lot of what I've been wearing going into our fall. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing your scarves as we start to melt in the heat, ha!

      Delete
  56. I love how God connects his people all across the world! I am a blogger from Perth, Western Australia and, particularly since blogging, I love connecting with Christians all over the world, thanks to technology.
    Thanks for linking up on the Under the Tree Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The power of technology is amazing, isn't it? It's great to see how it can be used!

      Delete
  57. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow, great write up, Mica! I love how you gave details about the meet up. I didn't know you were a blogger. My wife's a blogger too. She's a healthy food blogger. Anyways, thanks for sharing! I love reading stories like this!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...