Wednesday 13 July 2016

Maxi Skirts and Mulberry Alexa Bag: Winter SAHM Style

I like to wear my maxi skirts year round, even in winter they are wearable with the right layers as we don't get snow in Brisbane. While I like my maxi skirts, I don't always like the outfits I create with them! One outfit below I really liked and one I wasn't very happy with.

What I wore:

Cobalt leather jacket navy tee galaxy print scarf ankle boots and maxi skirt | Away From Blue Winter SAHM style

Mulberry regular Alexa bag lilac with grey jersey maxi skirt | AwayFromTheBlue
JacketWittner 'Santa Fe' cobalt blue leather jacket
ScarfMarc by Marc Jacobs Stargazer scarf in aquamarine
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy (on sale!)
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesRMK Chester black ankle boots (on sale!)
BagMulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey

Why I wore it:

This is the outfit I really liked! First time I've worn this cosy cobalt leather jacket this year. I haven't been wearing it much this winter, with a baby boy who spits up more than his big brother. It's had a run in with a baby before... As I wanted to get in another wearing of this navy tee to hit my "wear new things twice in a month" goal, I needed a cosy layer to wear on top and this jacket was perfect.

It was a short trip out, just to the doctors with the boys to get a certificate to say that toddler T was well enough to interact with other kids again and go back to daycare after he'd recovered from his last bout of sickness.

As it's the second time I've worn this tee, my purchase review:
This tee was a complete impulse buy. I don't have any basic navy tees though so it does fill a bit of a wardrobe gap and I find it so easy to wear as it's blue. I've been wearing tees a lot lately and as I mentioned before I'm a fan of the Atmos & Here tees so it was a good purchase. I'm pleased I bought this.


Last worn: cobalt leather jacket, galaxy print scarf, navy tee, grey maxi skirt, black ankle boots, Mulberry Alexa bag.

Other ways to wearcobalt leather jacket in the office, galaxy print scarf and a trench coat, navy tee and flares, maxi skirt and a graphic tee, black ankle boots and a printed dress, Mulberry Alexa bag and chambray.


More maxi skirts under $50:







What I wore:

Threadless graphic tee, maxi skirt and cardigan. Winter SAHM style | Away From Blue

Mulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey | AwayFromTheBlue Blog
JacketJeanswest Dana drape knit cardi in boysenberry
Tee: Threadless "I want to be Friends" grey tee (closeup of text)
SkirtJeanswest plain jersey black maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagMulberry regular Alexa bag in foggy grey

Why I wore it:

I didn't like this outfit as much as the one above. I've worn the tee and skirt together before when it was warmer, and thought I'd try it again with a purple cardigan for some colour. It was a nice casual outfit in theory for playgroup but I wasn't entirely happy with it, felt it was missing something. I mentioned on Instagram that Cooper's pose in the outtake was the best thing about my outfit! Just wasn't loving this. Maybe I needed to add a scarf, what do you think?


Last worn: purple cardigan, Threadless graphic tee, black jersey maxi skirt, Converse, Mulberry Alexa (above).

Other ways to wearpurple cardigan and flaresgraphic tee and a striped skirt, maxi skirt and babywearing, Converse and skinny jeans, Mulberry Alexa and denim shorts.










Linking up with What I Wore, Fresh Fashion, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Files, Throwback Thursday, Weekend Linkup, Flashback Fashion, Passion For Fashion.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. I really love your bag, the colour is gorgeous. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that your little boy is feeling better! I really like both of the looks, but the first one is my fave :)

    Rachel xx

    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment, my boyfriend had a awesome birthday in the end :)

    I am honestly liking both looks on you, the one is more of smarter look and the other one super chilled, I think both suite you :)

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear he had an awesome birthday :)

      Delete
  4. I like both of them! Especially the scarf in the first!
    Maybe if you knotted the tee in the second one it would have added a bit more oomph?
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute outfits! You have great taste!

    Let's Talk Lattés

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Mica! <3

    You look totally amazing on maxi skirts! Also, love you paired 'em with a bright blue jacket & a bright pink cardigan! So lovely!

    Hope to hear from you soon! :)

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance | New travel post is up ♡
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cobalt and grey look really good - as berry and grey do.
    I was at a store yesterday and saw a few Minkoff bags and automatically thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do love my Rebecca Minkoff bags! :)

      Delete
  8. The cobalt jacket is really nice on you! I too have taken a likely to this pretty blue hue and seem to be picking up more and more of it. I think a simple scarf would look nice with the second outfit. That, or perhaps a necklace, which I bet you are trying to steer clear of with the baby boy. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep still staying away from necklaces at the moment! Won't be long before I'll have to wear my baby friendly ones!

      Delete
  9. I love the color your bag! It will definitely be perfect for the Fall!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how your impulse buy of that t-shirt has turned into a go-to favorite! Nice use of it :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Visit my YouTube channel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's good when purchases work out like that :)

      Delete
  11. I know that you said that you weren't happy with the second outfit, but I actually think that it looks really nice! Like you said, it's quite simple and casual, and I do love the purple cardigan. :) I don't personally think that it was missing anything, although a scarf could have been a nice addition, or perhaps a bit of jewellery? Either way, you look gorgeous as always, hun. :) <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! It just wasn't wowing me for some reason!

      Delete
  12. I don't have a lot of maxi skirts so I'm always envious of your collection. I like the first look best too--I think it's that cobalt leather jacket, it's gorgeous! And I do like the second look too, but maybe a scarf would make it feel more complete?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it definitely needed something like a scarf :) I can't imagine my wardrobe without my maxi skirts now - so glad I have them!

      Delete
  13. The funny thing is, I much prefer the second look! LOL! I think the pop of bright colour from the cardigan is what caught my eyes and the grey tee is really pretty!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I like the first one better too, which is weird becauseI usually disagree with you! I think it's the blue jacket and scarf that does it for me :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like both looks! You could add a scarve to the second one, but I actually like it as is.

    Glad the toddler is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice to have him feeling better :)

      Delete
  16. I love the second outfit better, the colors really match well together!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Mulberry bag is everything! I have a bag in that similar style so I'm going to need to pull it out now to use thanks to you!

    Stacey + thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you some inspiration! :)

      Delete
  18. aahh that bag is such a classic!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like to wear maxi skirts even in the winter too! I like how you styled yours! You're too cute!

    xoxo
    Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am happy to hear that your baby boy is feeling better :) That Cobalt jacket looks really pretty on you girl, I love both of your looks, hard to pick which one I like the most :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's always hard when they are sick.

      Delete
  21. I actually like both! With or without the scarf, the second still looks okay. You can try that instead of the cardigan, replace it with a scarf just to see how it looks I guess :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I'll try a scarf next time :)

      Delete
  22. You always look so lovely! xx

    Tatyana x
    LAFOTKA
    www.lafotka.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still haven't found a right maxi skirt yet!
    These look really nice on you!

    xx
    Celien | The Losing Struggle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you manage to find one! I really like mine.

      Delete
  24. I actually like both of them and I like the 2nd one best. Maybe I'm a little weird...haha. I think a scarf would have amped the look up a bit as well. Glad your baby is better too :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that blue leather jacket! I also really like the second look. I think the maxi is nice with the sweater.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how fun these outfits are, Mica!! Sneakers and long comfy skirts--smart! I've been wearing sneakers pretty exclusively with my foot injury, and I never feel like I can wear skirts/dresses with the sneakers, but seeing your outfits is making me think differently! :) Oh, and that Alexa bag looks SO soft, I just want to hug it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear flats with everything, haha! Comfortable practical shoes are an essential at the moment! :)

      It is a very soft bag too ;)

      Delete
  27. Mica, that blue & grey look awesome together! I need to build an outfit around those colors,because they look so beautiful. I love the health care system there. It really helps protect other kids.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice colour combination :) And we really do have great support here in Australia - I'm very lucky.

      Delete
  28. Cute outfit! That black skirt is really versatile! x

    Have a nice week,
    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. A scarf might have done the trick indeed! I love the bag!!!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think you are being too hard on yourself with that second outfit. I like it quite a bit! A scarf or necklace would be cute, but I don't think it's needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura :) It's nice, just not wonderful, if you know what I mena.

      Delete
  31. Funny enough, I would be the other way around. I like the second outfit much more, but that might be because it's sleeker and it contains a burgundy/purple shade that I adore. But it's odd how peoples tastes are so different isn't it?

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, everyone has different preferences! :) It's great to get so many different opinions from around the world, I'm really lucky :)

      Delete
  32. That blue jacket is such a cute pop! Love it with the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I actually like both outfits here Mica. But, the first one is my favourite, especially with the blue jacket. It's such a lovely piece. Happy weekend. <3 /Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  34. The blue jacket is amazing with the maxi skirt and scarf.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both outfits are fabulous but my favorite is the first look! That blue jacket is so pretty on you!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you all for your comments - and thoughtful input into your favourite outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like both these looks. I love the colour of the cardi in the second look and think it looks great as it is! I am in love with the mulberry bag!!
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. That cobalt blue leather jacket is really a fun piece! It looks great with the maxi skirt!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  39. Obssesed with your jacket girlie. It has such a nice shade of blue. x

    Happy weekend,
    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your outfits. You look great in purple. I also love your furry photo bomber. x

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...